All reviews the penthouse living room lovely villa meet other guests bedroom house water front buddy dive air conditioner restaurants and shops your doorstep on site dive shop we've stayed diving experience furniture balcony tanks breeze
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I stayed here with a friend for a few days in the beginning of February 2018. We had one of the two-bedroom apartments. It was really spacious, clean and comfortable. It had a fully equipped kitchen and was completely furnished. The rooms were air conditioned. We also had a good sized balcony where we would enjoy our breakfast and dinner with a sea view. There is even a community pool and terrace. The wifi was great, which was a major plus for me!

I love feeling like I'm at home when I travel, so this was a great choice for us. It is also centrally located, just a couple minutes walk from the centre of Kralendijk (including its shops and restaurants) and short drives away from the airport and various attractions (e.g., 1000 steps, the flamingo sanctuary and salt lakes).

There's also a dive shop on site for divers and I understand that they offer a variety of dive packages.

The property is really well managed and the staff is so helpful, personable and accommodating. They helped us arrange our car rental before our arrival and all we really had to do (apart from filling out the forms and placing the deposit at the rental agency located at the airport) was pay, which we did on the property. I also understand that they facilitate other things, such as activities, other rentals, babysitting, etc.

Overall, the property offers wonderful service, great location and spacious units at decent prices! I definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: King size beds available upon request.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I stayed in room 11 in Ocean Front Apartments for a week and it was fantastic. It was really clean and well equipped and super comfortable. The management is great and very reactive to any questions and problems. My best part was the sun setting right in front over the ocean.
The bed and pillows were so comfortable.
Their is daily room service which is a bonus. The internet worked very well.
You can walk out the gate and swim in the ocean right in front of the apartments, something you actually you cant do everywhere. You see so many fish and eels here.

You can pay extra to have aircon in the living room but I was fine without that option.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I can highly recommend room 11, Its very well equipped and comfortable and I love all the ocean pictures on the wall.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I have stayed here many times over the past 10 years and keep coming back.
We've stayed downstairs, upstairs and in the penthouse (the place was overbooked so this was a complimentary upgrade, but I would book it again in a hart beat!). The pool is small but provides enough lounging spots for guests. We love eating breakfast on the terrace and watching the lizards and iguanas lounging in he garden.
There is AC in the bedrooms but not in the living/kitchen area but we've never missed it, here is always enough breeze to keep the place comfortable. The kitchen is supplied with all the items you need to make breakfast, lunch or dinner. The furniture has had its best days, but is fit for purpose. I love the books and magazines left behind by previous guests, there is always something unexpected to read. Parking is limited inside the gate, so be early or you have to park outside which really is no big deal.

Bonaire of course is divers paradise, and the small on-site dive shop associated with Buddy Dive is very convenient, just pop some tanks in the back of your truck and drive off. Rob is always helpful and has great suggestions for dives or just some good stories. Location cannot be beat - walking distance to town with its many restaurants and shops. There's so many choices that a week is simply not long enough.

Summarized, it's not an upscale 5 star resort, but cannot be more conveniently located with all the amenities you need. One of my favorite places to stay!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Stayed 2 weeks in September 2017, I had the upper apartment on the North side - Pluses are the air conditioning in the rooms, the beautiful seaside view from the deck on the second floor, and the well equipped kitchen and responsive management. We had a couple of minor problems - outlet that didn't work in the bathroom, and patio door handle that needed replacing - Management took care of them right away. We did most of our eating in the kitchen - baking oven (with convection) and microwave, plus gas stoves made it easy. One of the very best parts of our trip was sitting at the table on the west side deck with coffee and breakfast, watching the sunrise, and planning our day. Other info: They ask you to shut the metal gate to the parking area after 7pm for security. The second floor patio has the glass door put also a lockable metal grate for security.

Another big plus is that it is walking distance to the seaside restaurants, which is where we ate every night. (Diver's Diner and Karel's Beach Bar were our favorites). On most evenings we walked over to The Coffee Company and had ice cream or fresh juice after dinner. It is really enjoyable to leave the car parked and walk along the seafront during sunset for dinner.

A couple of tips - it costs $15 extra/day to use the air conditioning in the kitchen & living room. We found that if we opened the sliding glass door on the east side Master Bedoorm, and the glass door on the west side next to the patio deck, a very strong breeze would blow through the apartment and the air conditioner was not needed.

The only downside for this room was sometimes loud motorcycles drive by on the street on the west side, mostly on weekends. Also, the adjacent property on the north has several large parrot cages, and the birds squawk loudly most of the day. The worst part was that same property had five small dogs that yap incessantly, sometimes all night long.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Awesome view of the ocean, Klein, moored sailboats and beautiful Caribbean blue water! I stayed two short weeks and was very happy with the accommodations. Not luxurious, better, typical Bonaire, everything you need and very comfortable. Each apartment is individually owned so are unique to that owners tastes, but managed by SunRentals Bonaire. The staff is awesome, friendly and ready to help with any question or situation, thank you Bouke & Marcel. The apartment grounds offer a private setting making it easy to meet other guests. There is a one-way street between your apartment / pool and the water front, you can enjoy watching people stroll, walk, jog and bike by. I recommend, if possible getting an apartment on the 2nd floor, they have a little better view and maybe a little more sea breeze. I cooked in almost every day; breakfast on the balcony was shaded as you are facing east, unbelievable way to start the day, a cup of coffee, fruit and croissant from Van Den Twell’s. Sunset dinner on the balcony with a glass of wine even more magical. Great value for the money, highly recommend Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments.

Room Tip: second or third floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo