Let’s put this review in perspective. I have stayed at the Belmar at least 5 times in the past in the last few years. It was my preferred place to stay in Bonaire, I thought they kept the property up to ok levels...we know this is not a Four Seasons Resort. I have stayed in dive resorts all over the world so I understand that bugs can be an issue but that was only one part of the issues we experienced.
When we arrived the “usual” front desk staff were all different but still seemed to be Buddy dive people. We went to check the truck but it was a two door truck even though I asked them to confirm a four door (which they confirmed back the before the trip), I told him that there was no reason to “check” the truck because we needed a four door truck...even though he insisted three times. They did replace the truck a couple of hours later with the correct truck that worked ok, so not a big deal...Just shows a lack of detail.
We were told not to use the dishwasher until it was fixed but while we were there no information of a repair was given to us.
The building didn’t seem to have the same upkeep that I typically noticed the last few years but didn’t seem like a big deal at the time.
The AC piping in the master bedroom was dripping for some reason on the bed. We kept the unit at 22c not very cold like 17c. They checked it out and said it would be fine but it was still dripping on Tuesday, making one side of the bed unusable.
We encountered roaches each night in the unit. A couple in the kitchen, almost something you might think is normal for the area but when you encounter them in drawers in the bedrooms and the bathrooms that shows there is an issue that has gone unchecked for a period of time.
When I discreetly brought this to their attention for the second time, they said they could move us to another unit but that is all they could do. At this point my wife and I wanted nothing to do with staying in this resort. As expected, no refund of any type would be given but they did offer a dinner, which I refused.
All and all, this is not the same resort we were accustomed to when visiting the island and they have lost a long time visitor to the Harbor Village from now on. You should beware when staying at this resort or at least know what to expect. Maybe it is time to hire a exterminator!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small and intimate resort with a colorful garden and of course, spectacular ocean views wrapped around terraces and balconiesTake leave of your everyday stress and step into an exclusive resort that refreshes your body and soul!Now we have made it even easier, try our Drive, Dive and Stay packages and Surf Away Packages. Or any one of our three diving packages - unlimited shore diving, 1-tank boat dives, or 2-tank boat dives. Not to worry we have non-diver rates as well.Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Bonaire offering first class accommodations to scuba divers, sun-seekers, snorkelers, birdwatchers, nature lovers, and especially the "get away from it all" vacationer. Enjoy shore diving from our resort anytime of day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmar Oceanfront Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Hotel Bonaire
- Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Bonaire/Kralendijk