Tropicana Apartments
Eden Beach Resort(Kralendijk)
US$120
US$116
Hotels.com
Sand Dollar Condominiums(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$180
Caribbean Club Bonaire(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Breakfast included
GOOOD Resort(Kralendijk)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdive hutgreat hostsplace to staynon diversrolandbbqrinsekitchenprivacyporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Dive Hut and Tropicana Apartments are the best deal going on Bonaire. Can't say enough positives about the booking process, the quality of the accommodations and the helpfulness of everyone I talked to. Everything was arranged for us, right down to getting our rental truck for us because our plane arrived late and having standing by at the room. Will definitely return to Bonaire (the diving is just awesome) and will absolutely work with Dive Hut and Tropicana again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jd W
Reviewed 8 July 2015

This is our third time in Tropicana Apartments and it's always a very nice and cozy place to stay.
Irene and Roland are very welcoming and great people.
The rooms got a kitchen (if you want to cook something during your stay), living room.with TV, bedroom, parking...
The street behind Tropicana is located the Dive Hut (same owners of Tropicana) that always have some nice things going on, as BBQ night on every Thursday and other interesting things may happen during the other days (keep eyes on Dive Hut's black board for more info).

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 7 November 2014

The appartment was very big and very clean. You could park your car safely in between a fence. The reception is not located at Tropicana but at the Dive Hut, a one minute walk. After arrival (I stayed at tropicana, two of my non diving friends stayed at Eden), something went wrong with the car that I've rented via the Dive Hut. It had only two seats (because they did not expect us to be with three people) on the island. But the problem was fixed that evening, we could trade the car the next morning. Also there was a problem with the kitchen, there were no sharp knifes and no can opener, but I could use the tools from the restaurant and they gave me new kitchen tools the next day, great service! And at check out, I could stay longer in the appartment, untl the evening.

If I would ever go back to Bonaire I would definately go back to this place. The only problem (except for the mosquitos :-)) was that it was not very crowded that week (to say the least), and the last 4 days i was alone on the island and expected it to be more busy/was alone most of the time. The famous thursday bbq was even cancelled because it was so quiet and except for two nights it was quite calm at the bar or it was even closed. Before booking, they told me that they always had other guests without a dive buddy, but it was low season (even the slowest week in six months according to the dive shop), there were no other guests without a buddy). This was not only a problem of Dive Hut, I even went to three other dive shops and hotels, everywhere the buddy bord was empty, but still, if you go to Bonaire without diving friends, i would reccommend to go in the high season.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MWitlox
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Our third time on the BON island paradise of Bonaire. What better place than to stay with friends again.

Each time I visited before I stayed with Roland and Irene. They never cease to show their customer appreciation. Always full of energy, even when I am Skyping them at all hours of the day.

I was joined by three other diving companions and stayed the first time at the Tropicana property on this trip. Previously we stayed at the Bonaire Fun Apartments right across from the Dive Hut.

The property is one street to the North and just around the corner from the Dive Hut. This made for easy access to the gear storage and rinse tanks at the Dive Hut. Being a bit off the main road it was more quiet.

Tropicana had its own rinse tanks and drying lines. The beauty is that it is East facing, so we got lots of sun all day.

The parking for the apartment is inside the locked gates of the property. We would leave our gear overnight on the lines and in the back of our pickup truck with no issues.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit similar to the ones at Bonaire Fun Apartments. This one at Tropicana seemed to have a nicer layout in the living space. As the cook, I could cook and have a conversation with my friends sitting in the living room.

There is a nice bamboo/palm sitting area just outside our door for outside lounging. We did not use it too much as it was mosquito season. A bit of repellent and citronella candles made it bearable.

Overall a great value for the island with a kitchen for breakfast and snacks. If you did'nt want to, you could head over to the Dive Hut for breakfast and the regular Thursday night party! Swap a dive story or two.

The package that Roland and Irene arranged included the pickup truck and the shore diving package. Nitrox was added as a free upgrade this time.

Now back in Canada. Facing the start of our Winter. I am glad I had the last warm up in grand Bonaire!

Room Tip: Layout of the two bedroom room 4 was very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rohano
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Nice appartment with kitchen, 2 bedrooms , living and nice terrace. Parkin place on terrain.
Feel like a home! We enjoyed the quiet and central setting of Tropicana appartments.
Everybody was very helpful and flexible!
Possibilities to have breakfast!
Internet fully available.

Good place and will return!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family