Eden Beach Resort
US$180
Sand Dollar Condominiums(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$150
Hotels.com
Caribbean Club Bonaire(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$410
  • Breakfast included
GOOOD Resort(Kralendijk)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsspice restaurantbeach barklein bonairedive shopcruise portstandard roomhotel gueststwo bedroom apartmentmain restaurantsmall kitchenexplore the islandplenty of hot waterprivate beachlac baydive tripwannadivepier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at the Eden Beach Resort from March 4th to 18th, travelling on a Sunwing package out of Toronto. This is a small ocean front resort located on the northwest side of Kralendijk. It has an excellent scuba dive shop on-site run by WannaDive (see separate review). We had room #301 on the ground floor located very near the dive shop which was ideal for us. We were joined for the duration of our stay by Oxy the resort’s resident tabby cat. Our list of pros and cons as we see them follows:

Pros:
- Nice large comfortable suite with a kitchenette, lots of storage space and an
outdoor terrace.
- A very comfortable king sized bed.
- Decent sized room safe at no extra charge.
- The air conditioner worked very well.
- Pleasant friendly staff.
- There is a good restaurant on site but the prices are high. There are plenty of
other less expensive, just as good restaurants, within a five to ten minute walk.
- A grocery store (Zhung Kong) with reasonable prices located within a twenty
minute walk.
- The dive shop and water taxi to Klein Bonaire share a common dock. Hotel
guests use this dock to get into the water for a swim or snorkel.

Cons:
- Lots of mosquitos in the evening. To minimize bites use lots of repellant.
- Some nights there was loud music from either the resort’s bar or the next door
beach club, keeping us up past midnight.
- The shore is rocky. It isn’t conducive to entering the water or going for long beach
walks.
- The room and beach towels provided were thin and worn out.
- Wi-Fi is available free of charge throughout the resort area including in the rooms
but it is very spotty and did not work at all for a couple of days.
- Hot water for showering and washing dishes was in short supply. We had to ask
for detergent for dish washing.
- The rooms could use an electric toaster and/or a microwave oven in addition to
the gas stove provided. We had to ask for a lighter for the stove as the matches
provided wouldn’t ignite.
- Upon arrival we found that our fridge freezer was totally frosted up. Despite
several requests to fix the problem, it remained this way for the duration of our
stay. We ended up placing towels in the fridge compartment to try and catch the
water dripping from the freezer compartment onto our food.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have no terrace or balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On Sunday Feb 25 we arrived at this resort we had included the American meal plan as part of our pkg...this includes all meals and unlimited domestic beer,wine and cola....the first night the bar was not aware of this plan so we purchased our drinks. We checked iin and asked about our plan and was told that we could have 3 meals and one drink each with our meal, we knew this wasn't right. The next day we looked up our meal plan and showed the manager as we had unlimited drinks with our plan, the manager was not aware of our plan and was going to look into it....after 2 days of
Paying for our drinks she finally got back to us and we were correct. We asked the manager for a refund on the
drinks we had already purchased and was told she would have to check with her
accountant and get back to us...well we got our money back on Saturday night. As the manager I would of thought she would of found us and made this right in a timely manner we shouldn't of had to go and ask for our money the night before we left. The manager John who runs the spice bar came to us on Wednesday and apologized for all

the issues we were having with our plan and that we would be taken care of for the rest

of the week to anything we wanted from the bar...thank you John for really going above

and beyond to make things right with us.......We ate our meals in the restaurant and one

night I ordered the special and was told that I would have to pay the
difference....really...my plan includes all meals....the waitress had to go ask the manager
and yes I got my meal without additional costs...during the week we had other
waitresses asking for money to pay for our meals..nobody was aware of our meal
plan...the manager took along time to get this straightened out....as manager you would
think that she would be aware of all the meal plans being offered at this resort.....My
husband and I were very patient but very frustrated by this then to top it off on Sunday
when we checked out at 10 am we were told that we no longer covered by our plan and
we had to purchase our own drinks and food until the bus picked us up at 2 pm....the
resort says we are all inclusive but that stops when you check out, other resorts I've
been to cover you until you leave with all the issues we had that week you would of
thought they would of taken that into consideration but not Eden beach..The manager
Caroline made us feel like we were a problem because she wasn't aware of the plan we
had purchased and the resolution to the problem was a slow process. Of course she
made it right but she sure took her time getting back to us and making it right...We were
the first people to buy the American plan and this resort had no knowledge of what was
included in this plan that to me is unacceptable, you run a resort you should know
everything about it....We had the standard hotel room which was clean...their site
claims that every room has a safe but when you go to the actual standard hotel room on

this site it states no safe is included....now these statements get a little confusing as in
reality as a traveller I would expect every room have a safe to store your passports and
anything else, I don't care how safe your claim your island is my documents are very
important spend the money and give your travellers peace of mind so we don't have to
carry our passports with us....The resort lacks enough towels, one night you would have
4 and sometimes 2 and sometimes none. The beach towels were a gamble as to wether
or not you could get clean ones for the day...they wanted you to reuse your towels and
save on laundry but after swimming and getting wet why should I have to reuse a wet
towel the next day...your not supposed to hang them outside on the balcolony. This
resorts lacks attention to detail as the lane way to the road always had the same broken
glass and leaves along the walkway, the orange beach chairs were black liked they had
never been cleaned..The beach area was small, wear water shoes to enter the water as
their is lots of coral as you enter the water. The water has lots of beautiful fish, good
snorkling..the pool area is nice for the size of the resort but the pool liner needs to be
replaced as it is very faded. The resort offers snorkel equipment to rent for $5 per day

which was pretty reasonable. The resort is about a 20 minute walk to the downtown area and the shops are pretty reasonable...if you have a chance take a taxi to Sorobon beach for the day it's breath taking and the bar there has great food and drinks reasonably priced...Isabel our taxi lady took us
to different sites along the ride to the beach....Thanks Isabel for your great service. This resorts has a place on site to book tours and the water taxi is right there....Thanks Gigi for your help...the cruise ship is in Bonaire a couple days aweek and the resort has lots of extra guests. The standard rooms are really clean but small. If your going to list your resort as an all inclusive and charge extra for this service then I hope you know how an all inclusive works...you don't chase guests down to pay for meals and booze, you don't ask them to pay extra for the "special" at the restaurant and when you wrong your guests by having no knowledge of your all inclusive meal plan annd taking two days to figure it out, try treating them like you really appreciate them and their patience, cutting off our meals and drinks atfter 10 am on our last day really showed us how much you appreciated us. I would not come back to Eden beach resort again but I would come back to Bonaire in a heart beat...

Room Tip: Don't get the standard hotel room, it has no safes
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank earrll
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I was very impressed with Eden Beach. The room was large with a small kitchen. I had a nice front porch surrounded with flowers and tropical plants. I made breakfast and lunch, which went to wherever I was diving for the day. The place was very quiet at night, except on Friday night when a band down the road played until late. Nice large shower with plenty of hot water. First place I have ever been (except a cruise) where the water for the island was produced through reverse osmosis. I drank it all week. I learned a lot quickly about the island by watching the Bonaire Travel Channel.

The Spice Restaurant served excellent meals and has a great location next to the water. I ate some evenings in the beach bar and was very happy with the food. Wannadive was an efficient and responsive dive operation. I dove twice in front of the hotel, but most of the home reef is broken rubble. You have to swim a little north to get into nicer reef. But for me, a macro-photographer, broken up coral is a great place to be.

I highly recommend. Adequate parking. Nice place and a great value.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, get a room closer to the ocean. Scuba tanks start rattling around at about 7 AM.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Diverguy33
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Loved this place! Great people and good food at the sand bar and in the restaurant. Its the very place where you catch the ferry to Klein Bonaire, and where the best dive operation (Wannadive) is located on site. The two bedroom condos are perfect- clean, spacious, and with a wonderful complete kitchen (and view). We stayed for one week and thoroughly enjoyed the entire time. Only problem was the WIFI kept going in and out- but they said they were going to fix it. You get the combination to the dive locker and can get tanks of air whenever you please! There is a real beach at the resort, something other resorts in Bonaire do not have, and there is good snorkeling (if thart's all you are doing) right at the pier. Plus, the ferry to Klein Bonaire is also at the resort's pier- and great snorkeling and beaches are 10 minutes away on Klein (little) Bonaire. Would go back in an instant. The island is a paradise!

Room Tip: Chose one in building 5- nearest the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dnacorn
Caroline S, General Manager at Eden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review!
Wonderful to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us so much

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future

Kindest regards,
Mrs Caroline Scholts

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I've stayed here twice and both times it was super easy and the staff were great. It's a chill vibe and a safe place to relax after long days of diving. I'm a solo female traveller, so that's important to me.

The food is good and I love the hammocks on the balcony rooms. They're perfect if I want solo time instead of being on the beach, even though the beach is never too crowded.

Edwin (their massage therapist at the spa) gives the best back and shoulder massage I've ever had. He's fantastic! It was the perfect thing to have booked for the day after I arrived and I was sore from traveling.

The rooms with the little kitchenettes are great and the grocery store is just down the street. I always rent a bike for the week, so it's easy to get to.

This place is easy and reliable. Not fancy, but always clean and that really matters to me.

I'd recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms (with kitchenettes, etc.) are closer to the beach. So worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jil B

Great review Jil!
Thank you so much . lovely to read that even by yourself as a guest you have enjoyed yourself so much
Happy to read that you have enjoyed Edwin's massage as well. he truly is the best therapist on the island.
We are looking forwards to welcome you again as our repeat guest.

With kindest regards,