Grand Memories Varadero
US$144
US$133
HotelsClick
2,698 results
All reviewscuban barsuperior roommain poolcubanoswim up barstayed in buildingfishmichael jackson showbig resortfoam partya la cartescleaning ladyactivity poolbeautiful beachbeefgreat entertainmentseafood restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were a large group at this resort for our wedding and the wedding coordinators were AMAZING! We had so much fun! They even gave us an hour extra since everyone even the staff were dancing and having a great time! Food was delicious! Beach was great! Rooms were clean! Entertainment team did an amazing job! To have a good stop on the beach yes you do have to get up early and play the towel game it's not a big deal.
Really i do recomend this resort 100%

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Director G, Manager at Grand Memories Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Tiffany,

Please receive a warm regard from all our team in Grand Memories Varadero.

I would like to start this message saying that it has been an honor to be your host during this special moment in your life. We love to be part of incredible moments for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back and assure you another great experience in our little paradise..

Best regards from Varadero,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Finally talked my husband into a holiday and although it was only 5 days we had a blast. A lot of people we talked to said the food wasn't very good, but I found it to be ok and we could always find something in the buffet that suited us. Once we realized you could have your own omlete made, or fried eggs for breakfast, it was great. The a la carte restaurants were also very good and a relaxing way to start off your evening. Even though we live at the lake, I have never seen my husband in the water so much in thirty years. Our room although dated was quite comfortable and clean. The maid was meticulous and the bars stewarts mixed up absolutely the best pina coladas!!! Overall I would highly recommend this resort. The Cuban people are very welcoming and I felt very safe in a country that wasn't Canada....

Room Tip: Building 22 is a short walk to the buffet and across from the lively pool/swim up bar. Would prefer the quiet side of the resort.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure to be your host for this recent holidays in Cuba and to know that you were gladly surprised by the food make us feel very happy. Thank you for the time you spent you write this review and for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor users.

We are looking forward to pamper you one more time with another delicious piña colada.

Best regards from Cuba for you and your husband,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just go back from Grand Memories with the family. There were 7 of us and we had connecting rooms in building 23. The rooms were cleaned and maintained by the housekeeping staff efficiently. The dining room staff and culinary team are well trained, attentive to all guests needs. The culinary staff did temperature checks on buffet food and portions were adequate for a la carte dining. Front desk staff very knowledgeable and diverse to all guest from different ethnical backgrounds. We had butler service two adults and five kids, are butler Noel Dupont was stellar, he has the complete hospitality package.Highly recommend asking for him specifically.The hotel General Manager Valerio Lanzarotti has put together management team that is above all, notable mentions Daimarysin Sales Department and the Manager of the Sancutary . The CEO of Sunwing Stephen Hunter, has a signature property with Grand Memories Varadero.

Andrew H

Room Tip: Building 23 or Sanctuary
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MADMAX008

Dear Andrew,

The Grand Memories Varadero team would like to thank you for your super nice comments about our hotel, service and staff.
We are very happy to hear that you had a fun and exciting trip with us, our main goal is to satisfy our guests.
Our staff has received your comments and appreciates your effort, one more time thanks for providing part of your precious time to share your experience.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were at the Grand Memories section of this resort when it was managed by Riu three years ago. We really enjoyed our stay last time so we thought we would take it up a notch this time and stay at Sanctuary.

During our visit we bounced between both Sanctuary and the main resort and here are the differences we noticed during our stay.

The food was noticeably improved this time around with better quality and more options.

The rooms/resort looked exactly the same. The main difference is all the signs now said Grand Memories instead of Riu.

The service overall was still pretty good and I recognized quite a few faces from my visit 3 years ago.

Housekeeping was hit or miss despite tipping on a daily basis with a thank you note. They were not generous with the toilet paper at all and on most days we ran out.

The entertainment at the main resort was not as good this time. The nightly music in the main lobby was usually mumble rap played over a set of ipod speakers. The acts in the Cubana lounge were quite lively.

Last time we were here there was a lot more live entertainment throughout the resort. They had the piano bar, nightly live music in the main lobby and a DJ.

The most noticeable difference between this visit and last visit was the towel game! I hate playing this game but if you don't you are going to lose every time.

The first day I went to the beach at 830am and could not find a seat with shade. I had to tip one of the guys who was working 3 CUC as he happened to be "saving" some seats. Keep in mind I had access to the Grand Memories section, the exclusive Diamond Club Section and the even more exclusive Sanctuary section and I could not find a spot at 830am. The beach was not busy at all, everything was saved with towels.

The second day I went to the beach at 730am. This time I found a seat in the shade but it was in second row so you could not really see the water. Again, there was no one lying in their chairs but there was a sea of blue towels.

The next day, just for giggles, I went to the beach at 630am. The sun was not even out yet and I had to use the flashlight on my phone to make it to the beach. When I got to the beach I was greeted by a Grand Memories employee to help me find my seat. I finally got a seat in the front row but I was still not even the first person there.

I did not experience this problem the last time I was at this resort and this was probably the worst thing about the trip. Management should implement a system of confiscating unattended towels or have the ability to reserve seats for a premium.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigCityLover

Dear Guest,

The Grand Memories Varadero a team would like to thank you for your super nice comments about our hotel, service and staff.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So I hesitated in going to Cuba since I always hear about the food. This is true as we sure didn't get much of a choice for food or what there was I wouldn't eat. We had upgraded and we got there we weren't happy with our room so we changed buildings. The beds were hard as a rock and only double which is fine we had another single bed brought to our room. I went and I will probably never go back. The beach was beautiful and staff are amazing. The entertainment was also very good. The Wi-Fi is not very good either. You could buy a card for 1 hour of Wi-Fi. Our maid was Daisel Jenez and she was amazing. This woman is such a kind and friendly woman. She always made sure our room was clean and was so helpful when we needed anything. She was always smiling. We did have a favorite waitress in the restaurant but I cant remember her name.

Room Tip: Building 21, 22 or 23 close to pool and restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sunnygirl4745

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management and the Staff from Grand Memories Varadero we would like to thank you for your honest review about our Hotel.
We are very glad to know that after all, you had a good time, thank you very much for your feedback regarding inconveniences during your recent stay in our Resort, . a situation that you should lived during your holidays. Please accept our most sincere apologies and be aware that we are reinforcing the nce supervision in order to provide the best service for all our guests.
Your opinion is very important for us , which help us to improve the excellence in our service.

Please be aware that we are looking forward to see you at your second home.