US$142
US$146
US$133
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Antonio & Yamiley Varadero(Varadero)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$427
US$182
Cancelon
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

US$111
US$96
Cancelon
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$87
HotelsClick
3,388 results
All reviewscoffee barswim up barfree shuttlepastafishfriesbeach restaurantmain buffeta la cartestex mexporkrecommend this resortentertainment staffbeautiful beachpicky eatershrimpfresh towels
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Let me begin by stating that this was my 6th trip to Cuba, I love Cuba and it's beautiful people.
The Roc Arenas Doradas is not a large resort, but it's well laid out with it's low-rise villas, so you're never too far from the pool or beach wherever you are.
The public areas of the hotel are nice and cleaned regularly, grounds are very well maintained and staff are friendly and accommodating.
It's situated on Los Tainos Beach, which is regarded as one of the best in Cuba. With it's wide white sand beach and crystal clear blue water and 3 rows of palapas for shade, you will think you're in paradise. There are no rocks or seaweed, just postcard perfect water and beach.
The huge free-form pool boasts a magnificent swim-up bar while hard working bar tenders cater to tropical beverage requests. The hotel was booked to capacity and I never felt that the pool was crowded, as it is very large. There's also a pool volleyball area off to one side and a separate children's pool for little ones. Plenty of loungers and shaded areas beneath the towering palms. The towel exchange is conveniently located at the pool along with a snack bar where you can satisfy your cravings for fries, sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs.
All the à la cart restaurants we tried were decent. It's always nice to be waited on and the variety is a nice change from the buffet along with listening to musicians play in a quieter more intimate atmosphere.
As for the dinner buffet restaurant, there was always a variety of salads (chick pea,rice, bean & potato salads), fresh fruits & vegetables, loads of baked breads and cheeses, grilled meats, shrimp & charcuterie, soups, stewed meats like beef, pork, chicken & fish. A variety of potato dishes, mashed, roasts, french fried,chips. Steamed veggies like corn, green beans, peppers, peas etc. Sometimes carved ham and pizzas. There was always a pasta station and sometimes there was paella or other rice dishes. Finnish off with a variety of cakes and ice creams for dessert.
I have to stress that if you looking for a gourmet/culinary vacation, then DO NOT go to Cuba. In my opinion, the food tastes like home cooking, which is good. They also do what they can with what is in season and what they have at their disposal, yes this means getting creative sometimes and using leftovers. Having said that, even the pickiest of eaters can fill up on pastas, breads and potatoes.
At lunch time, the beach restaurant can offer a few different variations, 1 day they have a pig roast and grilled fish.
Breakfast buffet offers all the standards along with an omelette/egg station, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruits, breads, cold cuts & cheeses, french toast & pancakes, varied meats, bacon, sausages, blood pudding, pork & bean dishes etc.
Rooms are basic and clean with mini-fridges, flat screen t.vs & very cool efficient air conditioners. Golf umbrellas are a nice touch in case you left yours at home. I LOVE the bidet in the bathroom!!! Wish we had one at home :)
We only managed to stay up a couple late nights to watch the entertainment (one night was a great rock band and another was a magician). The disco doesn't begin until the entertainment is over, and sadly I was too tired to stay up that late, but we did venture in one night and the music was good although it was too early so it was "kid's disco" time.
The lobby bar offers a great variety of alcohol including coffees, I even ordered Ricard (pastis) one day.
There is also a coffee bar which makes wonderful cappuccinos and assortment of java concoctions.
One of bonuses of this resort is the free shuttle which runs into Varadero town 4x per day. The air conditioned coach lets you off in front of the central market and picks you up across the street at designated times.
Please remember that a Cuba vacation is what you make it. With over a million Canadians visiting yearly, there's no doubt that Cuba is the "pearl of the Antilles". This resort offers all the amenities required by a 4 star. We found it to be good and provided everything we needed.

Stayed: July 2016
8  Thank petitecritique
Hotel_Arenas_Doradas, General Manager at Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

I appreciate the summary services has made us and we are happy to know that you have received the expected service.

Your feedback is very important to us.

Personally I congratulate the staff that you name in your comment.

Our maxim is to seek excellence in every service we perform and words only fill us with the strength to remain their first choice.

I am pleased to inform you that the hotel is in an investment process in which three blocks are being renovated this means that 90 rooms are renovated at 100%.

On behalf of Roc Hotels and on my own behalf we thank you for choosing us for your vacation.

Thank you for your comments that make us improve every day in the pursuit of excellence.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I must admit that we had to pick ROC Arenas Doradas due to providing best cost for us (re: Cubans, you know). A friend went years ago and did not like it so my family was a bit apprehensive about my decision. But what the heck, we are Cubans so we cannot be picky about where to go for vacations having limited pockets, no?
Just one comment from all my loves ones (and friends) once we returned home: We all liked it and enjoyed a lot our holiday at this hotel; and here it goes why:
1- I have never seen a hotel cleaner than this one including its green areas; and due to my business I have been in many hotels in my country: from 3 to 5 stars.
2- Great, nice, helpful and happy (at least they appeared that way) staff. One staffer whom has been working for more than fifteen years in this hotel told me they were really happy also about how ROC deals with them. Good for ROC! I must add that finding staffers that do not distinguish how they treat and deal with Cubans compared with foreign travelers it is indeed remarkable. Unfortunately many still do establish such difference.
3- Great air con in rooms. They have almost brand new individual devices per rooms; and this is a big plus in a hotel in here during summer, I tell you.
4- Food: Although not impressive in terms of variety it was certainly tasty, well cooked and well served. We did not have to wait on lines any days and the service within the restaurants was also fast. Same applies to breakfasts.
5- Entertainment. For a small 4 star hotel they have also organized good entertainment days and nights; and that includes things for kids only. Yes, it is a kind of family friendly hotel.
6- Drinks as good as they must be; and trust me finding tasty beers (re: Cristal or Bucanero) at all-inclusive hotels is an achievement. Most provide a rare combination of watered beer. One little secret: Do you want a good Mojito? Avoid thinking that Hemingway’s La Bodeguita del Medio Bar (in Old Havana) is the place. Not at all (and I do now its bartender). Go to the Bar at the pool and look for Deisy.

I could go on and on; and although I did provide some advice directly to its management I would like also to share my suggestions here for them:
a- I would extend the hours of the Bar at the pool during summers. Now it is 6 PM and having sunsets almost at 8 PM does cut part of the fun at the best time of the day for those who prefer not to sunbathe until the late afternoons to avoid strong sunshine.
b- Be aware that room towels are getting a bit overused and old. Maids have a hard time trying to be helpful and provide best towels they can find.
c- Please think about replacing the milk and coffee machine at main buffet restaurant. It must be broken. When you ask for milk you get mostly water. Same for coffee. It is a bit uncomfortable needing to go to outside bars to have a good coffee and milk during breakfasts. If you can have good milk and coffee at lobby bars why not inside?

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
9  Thank voyhavana
Hotel_Arenas_Doradas, General Manager at Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

I appreciate the summary that you has made us about the services and to know we have made you feel good.

Your feedback is so important to us.

I personally congratulate all the staff that you mention in your comment.

Thank you for your comments make us improve every day in the pursuit of excellence.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Pros of the resort:
-clean rooms with great air conditioning
-beautiful beach and grounds
-food was really good, especially the omelette bar and pasta bar
-pool bar and lobby were always busy with fun people and activities

Cons:
-drinks were too strong even when asked to make them weaker (not totally a con but when you're a lightweight it makes it impossible to pace yourself)
-when maintenance was required for our room no one came to fix it (we were able to make do but it was a little inconvenient)

Overall I'd go back in a heartbeat. For what we paid it really exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Paige M
Hotel_Arenas_Doradas, General Manager at Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear customers, first I want to thank on behalf of all the staff and on my own behalf for your kind words.

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

Our maxim is to seek excellence in every service we perform and words only fill us with the strength to remain your first choice.

Gerente general

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I recently visited this resort with my boyfriend and friends and we definitely enjoyed our trip. The resort isn't very big so it's easy to find your way around. The room was big and comfortable and the air conditioner excellent. The food was not the greatest but better than I was led to believe. I brought spices and ketchup just in case and did not use them. The beach is beautiful and the water very warm. The only issues we had were with the staff. The housecleaning staff went through our things most every day, so it's definitely worth it to invest in a room safe. Also, some of the staff in the dining room would ignore us if we didn't tip them first. All in all, as a budget vacation it was quite enjoyable.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

I appreciate the summary that you has made us about the services which will help us to provide an immediate solution to everything you said to us.

Personally I will check incidents in the room and the service at the Buffet because for us there is no difference between customers who give tips and those who do not give tips.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

My husband,myself and our good friends from OHIO,USA stayed at the Roc Arenas Doradas in December 2015. It was our 6 th time and our friends first. They loved it, being an American they felt safe and were treated wonderfully. From the moment we arrive we were treated wonderfully. The rooms are spacious, a little weathered but CLEAN. The staff are second to none. They are now more than staff they are our friends.Never had any issues with the food. The International with Leo and Rosanna, it will be their pleasure, Gillian and Yohony at the Itailian....wonderful...then there is Yoly at quest services, Rudy , Angel,Jose, Dianna, Daniel, Daisi, Miladys and many more .....all your wait/bar staff....I can't say enough about them all...we love you.This is a older resort. I call it my 3 star resort with "TEN" star service.
We took a private day tour into Havana, This trip included getting picked up at the ROC by taxi, once we arrived in Havana we were greeted by our personal tour guide. We spent the morning doing a walking of old and new Havana then a wonderful lunch with drinks, then after lunch a 2 hour drive through Havana in 1956 Ford convertible pink one for the girls and an orange the the guys. Then to the International Hotel for drinks on the ocean, then back to the ROC...Amazing day.
I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO EVERYONE !!!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple