3,545 results
All reviews coffee bar swim up bar free shuttle pasta fish fries beach restaurant main buffet tex mex pork entertainment staff recommend this resort beautiful beach shrimp the italian a la carte picky eater small resort
Reviewed 17 February 2018

This is the second time I have been to Arenas Doradas. There were a lot of Canadians (English and French speaking) as well as people from Europe. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful and, in my opinion, genuine. Staff in the dining area were busy setting tables and helping people (this included the managers) - all briskly moving around.
The beach was great - clean, lots of chairs and security (keeps away persistent vendors etc). My room was clean and met my needs. I would like to mention Mary (from reception), Yoilena, Andy, Yosmara, Jorge, Patricia (dining room) and Alberto (recreation) for the great service and spirit which helped to made my trip enjoyable. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank David7252018
Mirielys M, Director Comercial at Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear David7252018,

I´d like to thank you on behalf of the managment and the staff of the hotel.

All our staff works to give clients a great experience.

Next year we will wait for you with new improvements to give you an unforgettable holidays.

We are at your disposal.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This was our first time in Cuba. My wife and I were traveling with three other couples, only one of which has been to Cuba (multiple times). I don't usually have huge expectations when I travel, because I think it's up to me to choose to enjoy each experience. I was never less than completely satisfied on this vacation. The grounds were well kept, the rooms were spotless and comfortable and the air conditioning could be set for whatever temp you desired. Staff were always pleasant, and service was stellar. The buffet had a huge selection, fresh chicken, beef, pork and fish grilled to order, large selections of fruit and vegetables, carving station that had something different every night (turkey, pork, beef), multiple desert options and a delicious assortment of bread. We ate at two of the a la carte restaurants and the service and food at each were top notch.The beach is beautiful. As my wife and most of our traveling companions like the shade, we never had any trouble finding loungers in a shaded area. We spent most of our time hanging at the beach, but the people at the pool seemed to be having a great time ( lots of shaded areas at the pool too!)
Very easy to get into town via a shuttle bus (leaves several times a day), double decker bus, or cab. We used all three options, but try taking a cab ride in an old car, we had one in a 52 Studebaker convertable. What fun!
I don't know what took us so long to get to Cuba, but i think it won't be the last time and this resort will remain on our short-list of places to stay.
Thank you Arenas Doradas!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Craig H

Dear Craig H,

THANK YOU! It is our pleasure!

Thanks for sharing with us your great experience.

We are very proud because we contribute to give you this first wonderful impression of our country Cuba.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

The beach is wonderful. The buffet has the best food that we have ever eaten in Veradero. Our servers were the very best that you can get. They are: Yosmara Eduardo Milena Andy Yoilena Jorge and Patricia.
These people are the nicest most attentive kindest and hard working people that you will ever meet.

Room Tip: If you are disabled they will offer you a proper room on the first level of the hotel.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lleamen46

Dear lleamen46,

Thanks for sharing with us your experiences in our resort.

We are very proud of our staff. They are our most precious treasure.

Our goal is our clients have a pleasant stay.

It will be a pleasure to see you again with us.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My Husband and I decided to escape the horrible Canadian weather and visit This resort for a 4 day weekend .. what we got in return was a total recharge and a pleasant surprise after reading such negative reviews prior to our visit!!
Arrived at noon hour on Thursday to a fast check in .. we packed our swim suits since we knew our check in wouldn’t be till 4 pm. We hit the buffet and were very happy to find a very CLEAN restaurant, filled with beautiful variety of meats, bread, soup, salad bar ( Awesome Variety) cheese and meats, ice cream, dessert cakes, squares, and healthy fruits.
I was watching what I ate so the salad bar was my staple along with diet pop, sweetener for coffee and fresh fish grilled on the spot daily in front of you. I also enjoyed egg whites and veggie omelettes each morning served by fantastic staff and amazing waiters/ waitresses.
I was also amazed that a cover band performed covers of rock songs on many decades one night at the hotel. The next day, We decided to take the FREE double decker bus that picks you up and drops you off downtown Varadero and specifically tells you when he will be back to pick you up again to carry you back to your hotel. We managed to buy some tickets downtown to go out to the Bonivista Social Club to see a FANTASTIC live band that picked you up at the hotel and home again for a night of amazing Cuban music and free bar for 30 Mins prior to the performance all for $39 CUC ($55 CAN).. .. Next night we went downtown to the Beatles Bar with a sweet patio to listen to lots of rock songs by a very talented cover band that played non stop from 930pm-1am.. PACKED TO THE GILLS which was a great night had by ALL! Probably over 700 people listening to classic rock!!! There was a Cuban Harley Davidson convention on for the weekend ..which was really cool to see!

Pool area was VERY NICE and had 2 large areas that shaded those that didn’t want to fry.. could fit about 10 chairs at each enclosure. Pool bar was a great spot with lovely pool staff.. that never made you wait for your drink very long! Tonnes of loungers and comfy folding chairs that weren’t broken but brand new. I didn’t see any garbage around the pool that you normally see at other resorts .. pool side music was great with a little new country thrown in! I saw a few people getting ice cream cones which looked delish but I didn’t try since I was dieting. There was a grill right beside the pool that was open all day/ night for fast food .. again can’t tell you any details on the fries and burgers..
We didn’t try the ala carts since the buffet was all we needed! I found ALL staff from the pool bar ladies to the genuine ladies at the coffee bar to the amazing lobby bar staff to be friendly and helped you with all your needs!! ! I liked the lobby allot... piano player a couple nights and the animation team performing with a band helping with audience participation!
THE BEACH WAS GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Beach bar and mini club were new since Irma hit last fall...
Did I mention the beach was superb?!?!?!

Rooms were in need of some upgrades, but my shower was the bomb, air conditioner worked like a freezer if that’s what you need.. beds were comfy and my pillow was just as good as home!!
The resort is on the small size which we love .. majority age of guests were probably between 40-60.. with the odd small child or teen .. definitely a family resort.. resort has a disco that starts after the animation ends at 11-1 or 2 am.. went for a second .. was too tired to hang there but would have if I had the energy.
If I was going to complain it would be that I wasn’t there long enough!! Definitely take my advice and visit this budget resort.. money well spend you won’t be disappointed at all if you are not a princess or king but a person who is looking for a modest safe ant friendly place to chill out for a few days!! Hope to visit another time soon ..

Stayed: February 2018
8  Thank NadineW848
Hotel_Arenas_Doradas, Director General at Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear NadineW848,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us.

We are very happy that you have enjoyed, not only the beach and the sun of our Varadero, but of our cultures, and the nightlife of this wonderful destination Cuba.

I totally agree with you. This is the best beach in the world.

We are very proud of your beautiful comments about our hotel and our services.

Thank you so much.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Just got home and wish I were still there. The place was very relaxing, the staff so friendly, everything was just perfect for our vacation. Yenisleidy from the front desk made sure our room was A- OK. She was very helpful. I found the snack bar the best place to eat when you were hungry, hamburgers are delicious, the staff there Yeny, Jesus and Felly kept us well fed. We stayed in room 423 and the maid had it looking great every time she cleaned, the notes she left gave that special touch, as well as the swans she made from towels and blankets, thank you Yackline (hope I spelled that right).The pool was always sparkling clean, and entertainment was a hoot so much fun. And yes the girls at the pool bar do make great drinks. The beach was a close walk down the boardwalk and was an awesome sight everyday. Staff there to help you find a chair to lounge on. The sunsets over the water is definitely something to see. The buffet had enough selection of everything right down to the desserts. A la carte were nice. The lobby bar was very relaxing place to unwind from a great day. Coffee bar just loved it. The Beatles bar in Varadero was a place for rock and roll, all kinds of great music. A trip into town is a must, take a ride through Varadero with a horse and buggy and see more than you can imagine. This was a great vacation all around. I would come back to this resort and I would also bring friends, as well as tell them about it. Awesome work Arenas Doradas .... Thank You

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank TerryB1212
Mirielys M, Director Comercial at Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Terry,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us.

We are very proud of your beautiful comments about our hotel and our services.

We hope to see you soon again.

Thank you so much.