4,375 results
All reviews north section coffee bar chicken seafood go with an open mind piano bar beach grill beautiful beach public relations picky eater animation team omelette musty smell spanish lessons nightly entertainment keep in mind beach chairs
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I would like to share a wonderful trip that I experienced at the Brisas Del Caribe Hotel in Varedero. I was there in November 2017 and decided to return in April of this year because of the staff at the hotel. They were very attentive, friendly and ready to accommodate. I met Glenda Ulaaq from the guest services. We were giving a suite complete with a jacuzzi. She really know her stuff and she was on top of any issues that we encounter. Glenda team including the other Glenda were very efficient and ready to help in any way. They celebrate Canadians at a cocktail reception. We get to meet our fellow Canadians. In the dining area we have the omelet master Jorge who is always a delight as was Iosmar. The most friendly person in the whole dining room was Sandy, she was a delight and so genuine in her greetings . I would also to mention Lazaro, Leonardo, Aurelio as well as Julio and Luis. They were very efficient at theirr work and so friendly. i feel like family when I am in Cuba.The beach is amazing. The property has a lot of charm. They have a gigantic gym and spa. Robert and Ougou I tthink are excellent at teaching dance moves and water aquasize.Robert who also teaches Spanish is excellent at introducing the spectacular shows These individuals are amazing to watch.If I do return it is because of the wonderful people at this resort. Gracias to the people of Cuba. Sincerely Jeannette from Canada/xoxoxo

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PR and Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Brisas del Caribe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Tahnk you jallain2014. We are glad that you had one more unforgetable vaction with us. We apreciate and value your opinion and we can asure you that will keep on improving so all of our guess are as satisfied as you were with us.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Our 14th trip to Brisas, this time accompanied by 5 first-time family members who have been elsewhere in the Caribbean, but never to Cuba. Birthday on the beach again! Thanks to Glenda, PR, for arranging the returning guests Lobster dinner and Canadian cocktail hour. Also, special thanks to Chickie and staff at the a-la-carte for arranging the special birthday party. This is a real special place, with excellent beach, beach lunch and bar, and so many good friends!

Room tip: North rooms are closer to the beach.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Denis D. Its always a plaesure to have you back!!! we value your honest opinion, and as always we also value your suggestion. Will keep on working hard to make our Hotel, a great place for eveyone.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We stayed here in December 2017 and feel compelled to comment on the food and service at this resort. We have stayed in 5 star resorts, and without a doubt the food quality, variety and service in the restaurant and bars here was outstanding. Everyday at the restaurant we were treated to the best service we have ever received in any resort. The people who looked after us - Julio, Margarita, Alberto and Shelley - were absolutely outstanding. So warm, friendly and caring. Julio in particular is a standout. We could see that customers just loved him; one traveler even commented that he got more hugs and kisses from guests in a day than she got in a year! He excelled in providing the finest customer service that we have experienced. Other restaurant staff, the omlette and pasta makers and the fruit lady (sorry cant remember their names) too were exceptionally good. We would rate this a 5 star resort if only the rooms were better. They were dated and not properly cleaned. However, we would happily return just for the warmth and friendliness of the staff, and the quality of the food and food service.

Date of stay: December 2017

Dear truenorthone. We appreciated your opinion and are happy to count with another satisfied guest. we can assure that your opinion is valuable to help us improve in said areas of our hotel. We would love to have you back and see the improvement in person.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Right after our Christmas family trip at Brisas del Caribe, we decided for the sixth time to go back there. This time we went as a couple in the last week of February 2018 because we knew its pleasures quite well. Our willing-to-go-back visit at Brisas del Caribe was incredibly memorable again, and as always exceeded our expectations even this time. We arrived late at night at the resort and what a fantastic welcome we received!!! Amy at front desk announced “Welcome back! Weren’t you here last month?! She added: You have an enclosed letter written by Glenda, our representative office manager, and you have been upgraded to a VIP suite this time!” What a beautiful suite we got, with a built-in Jacuzzi, and a welcoming bottle of Havana Club rum in the main room!
Thank you Glenda for remembering us, and for such a special welcome we received as repeated guests! You are amazing, and you truly work so hard to make the guests enjoy their stay. It was not uncommon to see some guests enter your office and bring complains, but they all came out of your office with smiley faces because they got from you the service(s) what they wanted. We talked to some of the guests from Vancouver, and they shared their best experience they had with you. Brisas is lucky to have you! We also want to extend our sincere thanks to all the staff members and the management office for making Brisas provide better and better services with more renovated rooms, better qualitative food and drinks, lively entertainment throughout day and night, and a very clean environment in the building and on the grounds of the resort. In my previous reviews, I have written about the very good management, the very friendly staff we have always experienced at Brisas, So did we this time.

Beach Area: Beautiful! Amazing as always! Stretch of endless sand both ways, plenty of shade and piled up beach chairs on the sand that is cleaned daily. Brisas has a private area of the beach where local vendors are allowed to approach the guests upon guests’ request. Such a piece of mind! You feel you have your own selected space. This time we learned that the resort rents a special machine to clean up the sand and turn upside down every Monday to pick all the cigarette buds and other stuff. Every evening Auriel and 2-3 other workers picked up and put in the garbage can all the plastic cups, bottles and garbage left/thrown away by careless guests in the beach area. They also piled up the chairs to leave a clean, organized beach area for next day. I am writing about what I witnessed myself this time and previous times, and I felt it was not fair to read in some reviews that the beach is dirty.

Food: Cuba is known best for its range of fresh organic vegetables and fruits. Let’s be realistic, how much we pay in Canada for putting organic/biologique food on our tables wondering if it is truly organic or not?! When talking about food this is what I go for at Brisas: fresh organic vegetables and fruits. Their flavors are remarkable. Of course, they have to work for a better display of the food. Yes, it is simple, but it is fresh and organic. Warm, delicious dish trays keep coming to the food section constantly for those who are lazy, or busy enough to stand in line at the meat, poultry or fish grills.

Renovations: After the renovations at Christmas time (please, read my previous reviews if you like), this resort has reopened the 24 hour snack bar service in the South part; the newly built boardwalk to the beach was also extended to the BBQ area where you could eat a delicious lunch with Cuban Day celebration: the resort has added choices for three a-la-carte restaurants: Seafood, International and Italian restaurants where we experienced an excellent and courteous service with a very delicious food. Renovations keep going on with elevators in Building section 3. Two elevators –one in each section of the building work very fast and very well. They are adding two additional elevators - a total of four soon. Not that I care for the elevators, (I use the stairs to exercise a lot), but this is to help readers know that Brisas del Caribe is a wheelchair accessible facility. We explored the game room this time (hadn't noticed it in our previous trips), and met Robert, who is in charge of it. He spent time with us to explain the rules and availability of the games.

We know we will certainly return soon at Brisas del Caribe. The smiles and happy moments we get at Brisas in a week, we can hardly get them collectively in a year in Canada. I would recommend Brisas to anyone who is willing to have fun in the sun with friendly, wonderful Cuban people and travel with an open mind.

Room tip: Corner suites are very spacious and sunny all day.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PR and Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Brisas del Caribe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear customer, thank you very much for your comment and collaboration in the trip advisor, you have been very kind to comment on your stay at the hotel during your vacation, the team will give their greetings which are sure to be stimulated with them, you are also part of that group of clients who feel Brisas del Caribe as their second home, which is very important for us.
Let's wait again for your visit.
Thank you.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Hola my friends
I think the fact that my friends and I keep returning to the Brisas Del Caribe, says what a special place this is and it's not really a secret that it's the people that work at this resort is definitely the main reason I keep returning here .. You truly do become part of the Brisas family, and they will also go out of the way to show you every moment you are there and they still show me love through E-mails/Facebook when I'm back home freezing in 2 feet of snow waiting for my return again.

If you are looking for a great resort please look into the Brisas Del Caribe . They understand people from all over the world have different needs and the staff always trys to assist in helping you ...

I was recommended to the Brisas by a few friends that had 3-4 trips here already and loved it ... So now I'm recommending the resort to you ..

See you in a few weeks my Brisas Del Caribe family and maybe I'll see you there someday as well ..

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 82jeffreym

Dear customer, Jeffrey M, for you a greeting and thanks for your collaboration in the trip advisor, we with great affection and appreciation know how to value your words which for the rest of the group we will send you your part, you form that great family that over the years clients have wanted to have with their second home. Breezes of the Caribbean.
Thank you very much.