This hotel was fantastic, the service was way above and beyond our expectations. We knew that the Cuban people were nice, and they amazed us on the level of service they brought forward. They have shows every night, and one of the people that MC the events is a great person to talk to as he can help you plan your week to get as much as you can out of your stay. Jordan or Yordan was THE GUY to help make your stay over the top! The jeep tour we booked was awesome as well, bring a bunch of dollar store items to give to the people along the way, they have very little and are waiting for the jeeps to bring goodies, they stand on the dirt roads and smile and wave. We were prepared and brough lots of t shirts and candies and toys and made alot of people happy. Also bring dollar store earings and nail polish and female products to leave for tips, i was under the impression that the gifts are personal and they keep those, but the money gets split up. At the piano bar are 3 of the friendliest bartenders ever, Yussi, Lesley and Rosannna were great, If you say "YOU see, I see" to yussi you will definately get a huge smile, as this was our claim ti fame while we were there!!! They had a great time with us albertans!! The golf course was, yes you guessed it fantastic!!!! The language barrier was evident with the green keepers, but one of them was a person i will never forget. Gehovanni was the guy who asked us about our ball caps, sounded like a ball cap would be a great item to own, so we hooked him up with some new camo hats on the day of our departure and filled them with gifts, he almost cried, and so did i. It was a fantastic moment! A trip to Havanna is a must do, just talk to Jordan and he can guide you in the right direction. Tell him Levon from Alberta sent you, that will get you an instant smile! The food was a little on the bland side, this was the only part that was hard to get used to, but i did find a sauce that helped with that, but most of the days the bottle was empty. There is a fantastic Pizzaria just down the street at the next Hotel, in the plaza, a must try. At Las Americas there is a bunch of a la carte restaurants, the trick is to book the day that you arrive cause the food there is alot better, but they are always full, so book a reservation at each of them on the nights of your choice. I would rate this resort 9/10 losing one point to the food, which is easily fixed by bring a bag of spices with you. Also the snorkeling which is done on the jeep tour has porr equipment, if you want to do this, bring your own mask and snorkel, use their fins and it will be way more enjoyable!
We totally would return here in a heartbeat, but a 2 week stay would be better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia Hotels APAC, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero