US$107
US$117
US$105
US$327
  • Breakfast included
Antonio & Yamiley Varadero(Varadero)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$109
US$86
US$120
US$104
Cancelon
1,628 results
All reviewsplaya de orojean lucbbq lunchlive bandspanish coffeehouse bandpool gamessmall resorthot sauceanimation teamamazing beachthe cuban a la cartepool viewthe grillbeach buffetevery eveningmagic show
Reviewed 14 February 2018

My husband and i booked a vacation to this resort, now known as muthu Playa Varadaro,on a wednesday and left that sat. We flew with air transat which was fine, was met at the airport and we were the last to be dropped off after a comfortable bus ride with ice cold beer. We were greated with the front desk and checked in quickly and escorted to our room, the air was on full blast but soon turned down, we arrived at midnight and was able to get some food at the snack bar. My travel agent made some special request for a first floor room to accomidate the fact i just had knee surgury, request fufilled with a ocean view. The resort was very clean and there was lots of chairs available at the beach and pool area, food was really good and always available all day, they even knew how to mix drinks. There were alot of canadians and mixture of french people.The weather was unbelievable, 29-31 everyday, which was most importanat to us. We rented scooters for the day to get around and everyone was very helpful, this resort was just bought by a new owner 3 weeks ago and is undergoing a major clean up and refreshing that will definetly bring the reviews up, either way i would go back to this resort, good times and good memories and good entertainment every night, well worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cushmanmanufacturing
Reviewed 12 February 2018

The staff working at the front desk were rude, not helpful and seemed more concerned about the tips there were receiving for exchanging money! I was in crisis and they simply didn't care. Wouldn't let me use the phone to contact my West Jet agent. My room was horrible! Asked numerous times to switch rooms only to be advised come back tomorrow. Disrespectful! Again only concerned money exchange tips! Hope they shared this with all the staff. Loved Cuba! Never again Playa de Ore!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Our initial room was terrible. Had to be moved to another room due to musty/moldy odor, mold on the walls behind all the furniture, no hot water, no lock on the patio door (we were on the main floor). While requesting to be moved to another room, there were 3 other couples at the desk asking the same thing!! Second room was adequate and clean. Food was plentiful, but the same thing day after day, and all tasted the same. No spice of any kind, other than salt & pepper, which is fine as we understand that Cuba doesn't use alot of spice. The entertainment was shotty. Sometimes they just cancelled it because 'there wasn't enough interest' - What?? So only a band playing in the lobby bar, and only for an hour each night. The staff seemed very so-so about everything, and just yes or no answers. Not accommodating at all. I would never stay at this particular hotel again.

Room Tip: We asked for a good room. All we got was a view of the field behind the hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda M
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Just got back from my first time in Cuba. Absolutely love this country! This resort.. not so much. Staff was friendly. The waiters/waitresses at the buffet were awesome. The food was good, unless youre a picky eater then the buffet they offer wouldnt be for you. Rooms were clean as well with the bathroom. Had no phone in room or power cable for our tv. If you plan on having fruity drinks that involve orange or pineapple juice or even orange pop neither of the bars have. Nor do the bars have blenders. Good luck getting a drink that you actually like. I tried getting a couple beer from the pool bar.. bartender said they were out. No activities for the kids. The night shows they offered were great! Good thing for their nice beach, ocean and pool. Ill definitely come back to Cuba but i will not be staying at this resort.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Cuba. We stayed at Playa de Oro in Varadero. The resort needs some TLC, some new paint and overall TLC would make this hotel shine once again. The pool was wonderful, some tiles missing from the bottom of the pool but nothing serious.
We stayed in an Ocean View room, the sound of the waves at night was wonderful. The room was very basic, nothing fancy, but our maid service was superb. The water pressure was definitely 3rd world but nothing that I hadn’t experienced before. A person adapts.
The a’la carte meals were amazing and we loved them both. The buffet was good, and loved the typical Cuban food that was available, and neither of us got sick from the food inside the resort or out.
The staff at the resort were extremely helpful and friendly. We were treated very well everywhere in Cuba, such friendly people.
I would return to Cuba not sure if I would stay at this resort again, but if the price was right for sure. I didn’t expect a five star resort so I really wasn’t disappointed in this resort.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple