Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,949 results
All reviews la bamba lobby bar second home smaller resort public relations plenty of hot water nightly shows great beach cleaned daily beach chairs a great vacation entertainment staff seafood tucan canada gifts rum
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2020

Booked a very last minute trip to the Tuxpan with my hubby and 6 other friends..... was NOT disappointed!! We had a great time!! This was my 4th trip to Varadero so I'm very aware of what to expect. The Tuxpan was great. We did the upgrade to a 4th flr room with an ocean view. It was windy while I was there which was perfect.....we left the patio door open most of the trip to let the breeze blow through our room instead of using the air conditioner. There was always lots of food.....always something good to eat. We enjoyed the hamburgers at the pool bar as a change from the buffet. I actually enjoy the food in Cuba and try a little bit of everything.... the ice cream is still my favorite! Amanda in the buffet always took special care of our group. Wish I could remember more of the wonderful staffs names who were so good to us.
Rooms were very nice, clean, lots of hot water and water pressure.
The pool was being repaired while we were there, but I go to Cuba for the beach anyway. We did have access to the Los Cactus next door.....we checked it out once, but preferred just staying at the Tuxpan. The beach is beautiful, we had no problem getting chairs, I bring my own beach towel so no towel problems for me. We enjoyed the entertainment almost everynight unless we were downtown.
I would for sure return to the Tuxpan!! The workers made it a very great vacation for us!! Thanks for all the fun!!!

Room tip: Ask for an upper floor facing the ocean.....nice breeze to blow through the room!!
Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Minnowline
calidad6611, Manager at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2020

Dear customer, we appreciate your time in publishing your experiences in our hotel. We are very satisfied because your vacation has been pleasant and we could meet your expectations. Our workers always strive to provide a good service. If you decide to return, do not hesitate to contact us. We are
'' Hotel Tuxpan where kindness and smile will make you dream and come back "'

General Address Hotel Tuxpan

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

I want to start of by saying I had a great time because that's who I am. Make the best out of any situation.
The resort was a little dated.
The front desk employees were super nice. Rooms were clean.
I have been to cuba a few times & have always known the food is not what you go there for. But believe it or not this was the 1st time I enjoyed the food in cuba. Were were there from the 28- 2nd of Jan. Now the only guy that was unpleasant to deal with was the towel guy. He was very rude to my wife a few times. I had to go & talk to him. There was 1 other bar tender at the snack bar that wasnt nice either. But everyone else was amazing. The beach was beautiful. Lots of beach chairs. Found it very relaxing. The catamrang is free on the beach. & the snorkeling was $20 which was amazing. Look for alex his awesome dude. The club connected to the resort you have to pay to enter but if you go next door it's free. If your gonna do the trip to havana talk to the chubby bell boy he will hook you up with a guy named ceaser. He was a great tour guide & took us in a classic car. We had a great time. Will be back again.

2  Thank dieseld13
calidad6611, General Manager at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Dear customer, we welcome your comments and we are satisfied to meet your expectations. Your comments always contribute to improving our services.

Reviewed 8 December 2019

I have to say that coming back to Cuba I was optimistic to the point I encouraged my guest this would be a great experience. Well, I was wrong. This property is run down with little to no supply of absolutely anything. Zero accommodations to acknowledge my anniversary. I was given a basement room that was damp and smelled of mould. No option possible to move or even upgrade. No towels available until after 1pm as they were “out”. Food, well beach bar = nothing. Pool bar = nothing. Extremely limited on options, even the simple basics such as a hamburger or French fries. Not possible or available at this “resort”. Pool ice cold to the point where no one used it. Missing tiles and some sections appear to be unsafe. Swim up bar = closed. Main buffet served same food nightly with a similar mix from lunch to dinner. I will say however friendly staff that continued to say no, we don’t have that or no, that’s not possible, etc.

Overall I must say I’m very disappointed. I expected there to be bland food and possible limited options but this is absolutely unacceptable for an all-inclusive resort. Not the “experience” I was anticipating from Be Live properties. If I could, I would cancel my vacation and return home. This is how bad this really is. Also be aware, check out is noon and for people like us, our flight is scheduled to leave 15hrs later. This hotel offers no hospitality room to shower and change and imposes a fee per person to extend your stay. We are day 2 of an 8 day trip and ready to leave. Very unfortunate for a much needed vacation.

I look forward to a response from the property management from this review.

2  Thank Shawnmoreauaz
calidad6611, General Manager at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

Dear customer, we welcome your comments, it is a shame not to have been able to meet your expectations. For all your dissatisfactions you were compensated and moved to another area of our complex. We apologize for any inconvenience.

General Manager Complejo Cactus - Tuxpan

Reviewed 3 December 2019

Met my expectations. Not a lot of variety for food, however normally I don’t have a buffet in my kitchen either. Your basics at breakfast which is what you would find in your own kitchen, including eggs all kinds of ways, pancakes, toast, cereal, yogurt, no bacon though. For lunch very same to supper so we opted to have the amazing bbq chicken from the outdoor grill, everyday at 12pm it goes fast by 1230 the meat is gone usually. For supper the a la cart is ok small portions which is good the chicken was so delicious, the pork was a bit over cooked, the sweetbread with ice cream omg so good. The buffet dinner was pretty much the same every night but again very good the fish and the meat on the grill delicious. I loved the pasta I got Alfredo with cheese and it was so creamy. there is salads and cheese and bread always. I made a map to help I couldn’t find one so hope this helps. We are here till Dec 4. 2019

4  Thank greekgrlygrl
calidad6611, General Manager at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2019

Dear customer, we welcome your comments on our services at our Hotel. We are pleased that you recognized our dedication to meet your expectations. Your comments motivate us to continue working for the satisfaction of our customers. If you decide to return, do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 2 December 2019

We arrived around 1pm and checking time was not until 4pm, which is weir as every other hotel in the World, checking time is 2pm. They offer to keep our luggage, which was good but we were told that we couldn't go though the court yard of the hotel to access the beach. Ridiculous really! It was a long walk around to access the beach and then from the beach, we just walk back though the hotel for check in at 4pm, there was not fence or any security so why they didn't allowed us to walk to the beach before? They need better Customer service!
The hotel in general was very nice and clean even though you can see that it needs repairing. The corridor where our rooms were, on the underground floor, where they store all their rubbish bins and dirty linen had a very bad smell, terrible really.
At reception we were given a ticket to collect Beach/pool towels but there wasn't any towels available when we went to the "towel room" to collect them. They said tomorrow the truck will arrived but no towels at all the next day! Why do they bother? Reception should know that they had no towels! Also the bars near the pool and the bar closer to the beach only had one item of food, chicken sandwich, which had no chicken at all, just a bit of mayonnaise with ?? not sure what else and hardly enough spread at all, the hamburger was quite nice but a bit small and they said they had no fries or chips at all. One bar had beer, the one closer to the pool but the one near the beach, no beer at all. Really if it's all inclusive and supposed to be 4 Star rating it should have been better quality and at least better food in the bars as well as sufficient beers, towels and enough chicken in the so called chicken sandwiches! The rating is wrong as it wasn't 4 Star.

Room tip: Ground floor corridor very smelly, avoid rooms on this floor
Date of stay: October 2019
3  Thank Magnolia S
calidad6611, General Manager at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2019

Dear customer, we appreciate your time in publishing your vacation experiences at our hotel. It is a shame not to have fulfilled all your expectations