All reviewskawama hotellight sweaterconvenience storehuge balconysalad dressingprivate beachporkdon t forgetthe double deckeramazing resortcleaned every dayfresh fishmangolobstersafesirmaflea
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

had fantastic quite week off up there: ocean, beach, water sports, or 10 min walk to other resort and they give the kayak - free (I read someone complain that no kayak s available); we read the reviews before the holidays and was 'prepeared'; well, didn't have to use the bug/or mosquito sprays and some other recomended staff at all; food was all right. tried to tip everybody who worked for us there: no need to wait for the smile, they all work hard. enjoy the moment of the beauty. it's old resort, if you're picky just go somewhere else and be happy there. cheers

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nickolca
Reviewed 13 April 2015

This was my first time in Cuba and also first time in an all inclusive. I wanted a cheap vacation and club Karey was affordable for my budget.
Accommodation was a bit old and probably needed more maintenance (perhaps better mattress and hot water), but the view and location beats it all. At club Karey you will stay in small bungalows where you can just walk out the door and be on the beach. After a few days at the resort, you won't notice the cracks, remember it is an older resort with basic amenities.
This is a small resort, which means lots of chairs are always available. (on the beach or at the pool). The staff is friendly and professional, they might even know you by your first name. The food might disappoint you or your kids if you are picky (after all, it is Cuba), but there's always plenty.
There is not many activities offered on the resort, and the shows are not what you would expect to see in Las Vegas... and the bar is always open!
The resort is located at 15 min walk from Downtown Varadero, and 5 Cuc will take you a long way in a taxi.
There's no way to exchange your money at the resort, but you can do so at the bank down the street (Mon-Fri).
This is a nice Cuban operated resort, know what to expect and you'll have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: specify non smoking room if non-smoker second floor room are quieter beach acces available
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
9  Thank Mireille P
Reviewed 7 April 2015

I liked Club Karey because it has small bungalows accommodation and I had a room with a perfect view and direct access to a wonderful quiet beach where I could be all by myself. The staff was really nice. The bungalow had cracks and was a bit old but it was clean and the room and bathrooms were big. The food was not great, especially for a vegetarian like me, but I liked their breakfast and ate lots of bananas. Overall for the price I paid, I am totally satisfied and would go again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
8  Thank RejanneS88
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Travelled here during a break week for university so rooms in Varadero were hard to get. The room was ok, a bit of a musty smell. No fridge. As I said to my wife it is like camping. The food, very very basic. At breakfast I would have an omelette, or hard boiled eggs with sliced ham and cheese. They had bacon once in the week we were here. At lunch and supper the soups were good. There was fish a few times. The best meal they did was pork roast with beans and rice. We went to the a la carte once, it was a set menu not special at all. By the the a la carte they have a bar, not free but for 2 CUC you can get the best mojito in Varadero from Domingo, And he brings them down to the beach. Canned beer here is 1.50 CUC. The staff do the best they can with the very little they have to work with. We loved the location very much and would stay again if we could assure we would get a room that we wanted, we checked out some in other houses on the resort.

Room Tip: We would ask to get in one of the houses with larger rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Travelling_with_Bob
Reviewed 2 April 2015

here is my review of this resort that I visited from March 21-28

++++++++

This is a terrible resort.
Bugs on bed ; strong smell of sewer; poor food choices ; dirty room ; shower head blocked ; Room Door Lock very fragile ; tiny TV no remote; dinner plates chipped ; no bottled water available ; fridge didn't work ; pillow like a wafer ; curtains hanging off windows ; spider nest hanging from bathroom ceiling ; coffe was warm only in cafeteria ; plastic plates at snack bar too thin to hold food securely ; Beach was messy with seaweed , discarded cigars and cigarettes ; room safe there but available at high cost only ; NO KAYAKS - my primary reason for going - was confirmed by my travel representative- totally dissatisfied with this trip of March 21 - March 28. Club Karey does not deserve 3 Stars - 1 would be generous.

++++++

I forgot to say - the food was not always recognizable . Presentation was poor also.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo