“Beautiful beach with lots to do!”
Review of Playa Porto Mari

Playa Porto Mari
Ranked #11 of 381 Restaurants in Curacao
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Playa Porto Mari is a lovely beach... white sand, lots of chairs, umbrellas and trees for shade and oh, that beautiful turquoise water! There is a dive shop there with easy access into the water. There is restaurant there for lunches and snacks and we ate dinner there one night, too. I highly recommend spending at least a day there!

1  Thank theglassgoddess

Reviewed 25 June 2017

I loved this beach. It is very beautiful with very nice chairs in shade--either under trees or the umbrellas. The fish we saw here while snorkeling were amazing. The showers are free, there is a foot bath to rinse off as you leave, the snack bar area was nice and it is easy to get back and forth from the parking lot. There is also a dock out in the cove that you can swim to and rest on. It also somehow felt safest at this beach out of any of them, perhaps because the staff watching over the beach seemed so competent. This beach has a focus on nature conservation and uses recycled resources when possible. Their t-shirts said something like "Where Nature Comes First." There is also a dive center here and, although I wasn't scuba diving, they took to time to answer my questions about where the best areas to snorkel were. On the weekends there was live music and a security guard in the parking lot. If I came back, I would likely spend every day on this beach.

1  Thank Trisha44Colorado
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We were told about this beach by our host at Jan Kok Lodges. It did not disappoint. The water was unbelievably clear, making it a good place for snorkeling. There is plenty of shade with a nominal charge for beach privilege and lounge. The parking is easy with no worry about security. There is also a great little restaurant with a good selection. Snorkeling/dive equipment may be rented here as well. We loved the whole day spent here.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We were seated promptly and enjoyed a refreshing drink whilst our order was taken for food. Our Dutch waiter spoke excellent English and between the four of us we mixed it up with pancakes, fries and I think a crab baguette if memory serves, and all were polished off without delay.
(There was a wedding on the day we were there and although the bar area was busy there were lots of staff on so no problem in getting served )
We called back later for cocktails as you do, and enjoyed a relaxing end of a great day on the beach, which I suggest should be one of your five a day !

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Nice waiting staff, fair prices (along the fairest on the island I guess), fast service, cozy atmosphere, good quality food (some stuff was even cooked on the rightfully world famous Big Green Egg!!) and an amazing view on the beach and azure blue bay. After our holidays we decided that this beach was the nicest of all those that we visited!