“Nice Beach”
Review of Playa Kalki

Playa Kalki
Ranked #36 of 148 things to do in Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Inlet on the less-developed western side of the island.
Reviewed 24 May 2017

OMG a nice natural beach on the west coast of curacao... its like the perfect spot for relaxing and refreshing from the hot sun in Curacao

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We stopped here for lunch and snorkeling. Lunch was good but pricey. We shared a burger, got a beer and bottle of water and it was US$30. We walked out the dock and snorkeled from there. The guy in the dive shop told us the best places to go for our comfort level. We went out to where the reef appeared to drop off quite a bit. It was beautiful. Nice calm water. My hubby did get stung by what we assume was a jellyfish or something similiar near the pier. Great little spot.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The beach is easy to get to, about 20 steps down from a small parking lot. There is a small restaurant and a nice dive shop with lockers and wash tanks for 7.00 usd if you want to use them.
The reef is close, easy to find, and easy to guide along. The reef starts at about 25 feet and goes on forever. You will run out of time before air.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Playa Kalki is a nice small beach with an very nice snack bar and diving services. The snorkeling was wonderful with a lot of marine life to see. You need to get there early to be able to get one of the palapas. Parking was good and the Curacao tourism board has a paid security guard to watch the small parking lot.
We had the fresh fruit salad which was wonderful.
It's a great location to go and relax.

1  Thank Fhp3
Reviewed 7 April 2017

DON'T GO EAT AT THE RESTAURANT ON THEIR BEACH IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUISTING! First of all it's really expensive for a restaurant where you have to go to the counter to get service a simple can of soda was nafl. 7,- they charge the same for a coke and the coke doesn't even come in a can just from a soda fountain machine.. me and my friends orderd I had the dutch kroketten and a side of fries. I took about three bites of the krokket and couldn't eat anymore it tasted frozen so I took my plate went to the counter and told the girl I'm sorry but I can't eat this...she gives me this unfriendly look and says absolutely nothing I tell her again I can't eat this. She then asks me if I want a new one or not... I tell her no but I'm not going to pay for it as I walk away back to my table I hear her tell her colleague "she doesnt want to pay for it but she ate half already" when we went to pay I saw that they put it on the bill anyways I left it at that and payed nafl 120,- next to this restaurant you have a dive shop and they told us they hear complaints about the place all the time and the nice lady working told me to go up to the restaurant above and ask for the manager so I did....and ofcourse there was no manager only an HR manager who clearly has no expirience with restaurant issues when I explained what happened she kept asking me....yes but...how much did you eat of your food?? (I ate 3 bites of your horrible food!!) She asked this about five times and I knew I wasn't gonna get my money back...and then she asked if I would come again fed up and angry I answered NO I had a horrible expirience the food was nasty and the customer service is horrible! She then told me I cant say that from a one time expirience! Well Lady the dive school said this happens all the time! In the end I received an apology from the HR manager not even the restaurant manager cause he wasn't there and 2 soda cans according to them worth nfl 14,- my advice to future guests bring your own food and buy soda cans at the dive school next to it they give much better service and the soda cans are only 3,50 as for me I am never going there again :)

1  Thank Marie Z