“had a wonderful time, relaxing, sights to see, wonderful people”

Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I have to say Radella at the front desk was very helpful. She told me about restaurants, Thursday night fireworks over the pontoon bridge, safety tips, and was just very friendly. I enjoyed chatting with her every day that I passed by the front desk on my way to wherever. I have been to 5 star hotels and also motels. I thought this property was very comfortable. I would have liked to have more restaurant choices close by. Rif Fort was only about a 10 minute walk away. The downtown is very colorful...and very walkable. I would like if they would update their gym. They have a really good Caesar salad at the restaurant by the lagoon. I am craving it now.

Room Tip: I liked the pool view, I chose that over the lagoon.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

You get what you pay for !
Bed makes squicky noise, old fashioned tv, dirty bathrooms and the bathroom doors doesn't lock , very old elevator, But they do have a friendly staff and Dennys is really close.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I stayed in here for 3 months on business. Not the best hotel to stay on the island by any means. The pictures are very misleading, the rooms and hotel amenities look nothing like what is advertised. The hotel is very outdated, poor upkeep, rats, mold, slow wifi. I had no issues with the hotel staff, they all seemed pleasant during my interactions with them. This hotel is in a prime location with a lot of potential, but unfortunately the maintenance and upkeep of the hotel has been neglected. This hotel needs a total overhaul and major renovations to revive it. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank sent4rmheaven83
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I had to stay here for work for five weeks. Don't let the pictures fool you. This place is a real dump. Ants, rats, and lizards IN YOUR ROOM. Ants in your bed. The bed is bowl shaped by the way. The mattresses should have been tossed out 20 years ago. There is mold everywhere. The furniture is not only old and worn out, it's also terrible to sit in. The door to my balcony was rusted shut. I never went out there in five weeks. If there was a fire, my plan was to throw the 30 year old tube TV through the glass. The shower water would go from freezing cold to melting your skin off in about two seconds. The toilet would flush sometimes. The toilet paper was in a lock box making it difficult to get any out. The internet is nonexistent. They could care less about getting it fixed. They don't care about anything here it seems. The maids would just toss the comforter back on the bed. The hallway is creepy and dark as well. Also, the air conditioner in my room made a lot of noise all night long. Kept the temperature about 75 to 80 degrees. Staff could care less.

The lobby is barely any better. The staff is rude and they could care less about your basic needs. Like, "I need to not have this giant rat in my room any more". They don't care. One of my co-workers was bitten by a rat while he was here. He was sleeping and the rat was in bed with him and bit him. He had to go to the hospital and is taking a bunch of meds for it still. The pool is pretty gross too. Lots of stuff floating around in there.

The beach is pretty sad too. The sand is just crushed up coral. There is broken glass in the water. Don't get in the water barefoot. Half of the beach is eroded out and hasn't seen any sort of maintenance in years. There is trash everywhere.

The Tanga Bar is a joke. It's like they hate making money. They will avoid eye contact with you and let you sit there all day without ever coming to check on you. The food there was actually pretty decent. The service is abysmal though. They regularly tried to over charge or do the dollars to gilders conversion wrong. There are ants crawling all over the bar. Bird poop is everywhere too. They have zero pride in the appearance of this place.

The casino is pretty sad. Lots of drunk locals. They move over to Dennys later on and it's just as sad. Service is pathetic there as is the food.

This hotel is one of the worst places I've ever stayed. Motel 6 is leaps and bounds better than the HBH. Rooms here are about $50 to $70 a night and you're definitely over paying. Rent a car and sleep in the car instead.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt F
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I walked through the hotel lobby so that I could scuba dive with Goby Divers which is located on the hotel grounds. I had the most incredible, perfect diving experience with Goby Divers and highly recommend Goby Divers for all of your Curacao diving needs.

As we were leaving I stopped by the front desk of the hotel, thinking we would talk to someone about possibly booking a future trip. I started the conversation with the front desk employee by just asking for a hotel business card. The woman looked up at me and said "no business cards" and then looked back down at what she was working on. She seemed indifferent to the fact that I was still standing there and seemed to have no interest in continuing to talk to me about anything.

The hotel has a small beach that is protected from the ocean surf by jetties. The outside beach / dive shop is one of the best things about this hotel. As we walked around the grounds we noticed the rooms looked a bit dated which isn't always a huge issue, as long as they are maintained and clean. Since we didn't go inside any of the rooms we can't personally attest to the cleanliness of the rooms, but there are plenty of other reviews that can give details about that.

Now that I'm back home, I'm not at all surprised at all of the 1 star reviews I see for this hotel. I'll be taking my future Curacao hotel/resort business to a different hotel. The hotel is at the perfect location and has a ton of potential. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that it's being managed or maintained properly, which is very sad. A 2 cent business card and a positive, friendly front desk clerk probably could have sold me on a future week long stay with the possibility of me bringing a group of divers down at the same time.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple