We visited Curacao for the first time this past August and were pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the island. Lions Dive & Beach Resort is a wonderful property with a very nice beach. We stayed in the two bedroom apartment and rented a car to explore the island. The accommodations were perfect for our family. I liked the proximity of the pool and beach to the room. The property never felt crowded and there were always beach chairs available. Mambo Beach Boulevard is adjacent to the property and very convenient for dining or shopping if you don't have a car. We did eat on premises at Nemo our first night and lunch at Hemingways. The food at Nemo was very good, but pricey. Lunch at Hemingways sufficed. Having a kitchen in the apartment allowed me to make most lunches and cook a few dinners. I recommend Centrum Supermarket in Mahaai neighborhood if you have a car.
My only minor gripe about our stay was the lack of hand towels and no toaster or oven. The oven was a small microwave. I didn't ask, but perhaps management would have provided a toaster or even a counter top broiler/oven upon request. The staff was very pleasant and responsive to other requests (mostly about towels).
If we were to return to Curacao, I'd definitely stay at Lions Dive again. (I also considered staying at a resort near Jan Thiel Beach. We took the drive to visit Jan Thiel and were so happy we made the decision to stay at Lions Dive. Jan Thiel has more bars & eateries and a beautiful surrounding neighborhood with gorgeous villas, but the beach wasn't as nice in my opinion.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad