“Nice hotel”

Howard Johnson Inn Hotel & Casino
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Willemstad
Howard Johnson Inn Hotel & Casino
Ranked #32 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We had a room with an overview on Brionplein and the sea. However, the rooms are out dated. No internet in the rooms, but their service is good. Leakage in the room was solved very fast. Also we were allowed to check in earlier, because the room was available. The hotel is in the city, so its very easy to do shopping.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Well the view from the room was beautiful, looking over the Handelskade and the Natural harbor of St. Anna Bay

We stayed in room 304 and here we found a piece of paper on the windows stating that the window is defect and should not be opened. the window's hinge was broken and the window wasn't closing tightly. Problem was that every sound on the street will penetrate in the room.

The beds were ok.
There is no free wi-fi, you have to buy a pin in order to use the wi-fi, which i think should be free since you are staying at the hotel.

Another problem was the power outlets, they are using the European power outlets.
so i had to go out and buy adapters in order to charge my phone and laptop.

We didn't get enough towels for 4 guests.
The room has like a carpet smell in it too. Chair in the room had stains on it.

The location of the hotel is very convenient since you are in the city, you can walk to Shops in Otrobanda and Punda by Crossing the bridge.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2015

The location of this hotel is in Otrabanda, a step away from the waterfront, the square where people like to hang out on the weekends, the casino and several good restaurants as well as fast food chains and a minimarket. That's the good part. On the other hand, the parking lot is impossible to find. Even the hotel itself is hard to find until you learn how to drive into the bus station behind the hotel and wind around through the bus parking area to the hotel parking lot.
As for the room, apparently they don't trust their clients enough to put out a bath mat or a hand towel - too easy to steal. The hallway leading to my room smelled like urine. The carpet inside my room smelled like someone had tried to clean it recently but didn't get it really clean. The pillow was lumpy. The bed wasn't much better. There was no tea/coffee maker and no toiletries - only a bar of soap. The outlets were 220 so you needed to borrow an adapter from the front desk (with a deposit of $5). There is no restaurant - have to go to the little eatery in the square to get coffee in the morning. There was very little lighting in my room - good in the day but not at night. The remote for the TV didn't work. Lastly, I had to pay up front for the entire stay and was given only the credit card receipt. When I asked for a print-out I was told I would get that when I checked out. I didn't remember to ask when I checked out early in the morning, so I didn't get it at all.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I am traumatized from this hotel. It was my first time visiting curacao so i didnt really know what was good or bad and through my traveling agent we booked HJ. Oh lord have mercy. We arrived 8pm at the hotel and it starts right outside the building. The paint is already wearing off, then comes the lobby; very smelly place, the sofas look old and have molds. the sofas are a dark yellow brownish kind of color and its just not very appealing. we then moved to our room....oh god i almost wanted to cry. The room STANK! the smell was hideous. it smelled of old clothes and mold. the mats on the floor were humid, no wifi in the rooms, very small and ugly bathroom, the chairs had stains on them, the beds were wobbly and noisy. the lamps didn't work. no coffee or tea machinery, no desk or extra table to put your stuff on, ugly stains on the walls. the lifts also don't work that good. we asked for another room and they brought us to another room after searching for I don't know what 30 minutes long. same situation in that room. also the window was broken and didn't close, which the hotel wasn't aware of so the room was filled with flies. we eventually checked out 4 rooms, but all 4 were horrible so we decided to check into another hotel. the reception was also very bad and not very helpful at all. they did not help with the bags or luggage and not cooperative when we asked for other hotels nearby. I really really really honestly advise you not to stay at the howard johnson. You will regret this decision very very much!

Room Tip: Just DON'T stay at this hotel . You will cry
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Harley Q
Reviewed 16 April 2015

$95 dollars for the room I got is an assault. It is not worth $10...

- Door lock don't work
- Room smells
- Carpet stains and dirt
- Closet door will not slide
- Bed mattresses wasted
- Pillows stuffing very uncomfortable
- Night stand lamps broken and twisted
- Broken window hinge (almost hit me as it fell off when trying to open it)
- Stains all over sofa fabric
- Broken and stained curtains
- All electrical outlet were the european kind, only.
- Bathroom in very poor condition
- Sink is too high
- Bath tub needs step in order to climb in and out
- Shower head full of water residue and mold
- Shower handles broken
- Bath tub surface stains
- Bathroom ceiling full of stains and leak residue
- No ice machine in the whole floor area
- No complimentary nothing except bathroom soap
- Lobby totally outside of room building
- Stains all over lobby furniture and floor
- Hotel is exposed to street all around
- Drunk and indigent people around building

In general, this hotel is a shameful attempt to make money. Curaçao tourist industry and government should review this.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business