See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2016

To start off I want to recommend dolphin suites to everyone going to Willemstad. The Rooms are very large, clean, have a big bathroom which can easily fit wheelchairs, a nice little kitchen and a big washing table which you can use. Most of all it’s the staff that makes the stay great by the service they provide which includes help renting a car, advice where the best places are to dive and snorkel , we requested twin beds but that wasn’t available so they put an extra bed in our room which had a double in it normally. Karin went up and beyond the call of duty helping us out and the staff informed us very timely that Hurricane Matthew was coming so we had time to get supplies before everyone else rushed the supermarkets and they made sure that staff was present and would be able to be there in case of emergency the night it was supposed to hit Curacao.

The extras that the hotel offers are great too because you get free entrance to dolphin aquarium, to all the beaches at Mambo beach and even free standard beds at Madero, you can pick up beach towels each morning which you can turn in that evening or exchange for fresh ones the next morning, free parking for your car and we got a very good deal on the diving masks which they either sell or rent to guests and were allowed to test in the sea before deciding to buy them or not. We didn’t need it but it was very clear that this hotel is very good for disabled people(I notice it because my father was disabled) because everything is leveled so you can get around in a wheelchair easily, there is a very big bath room including supports so you can lift yourself from the chair onto the toilet, you can rent beach wheelchairs so you can easily access the beach too and for the upper floors there is an elevator that is big enough to fit wheelchairs and the people accompanying them.
All in all a very pleasant stay with very friendly staff at a good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martijn_en_Inge
TeamDSH, Front Office Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Dear guest,

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful review. We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are ready to be of service again in the future. We are always doing our best to provide a perfect service for our guests and to make each and everyone happy.

With sunny regards,
Team Dolphin Suites

Reviewed 17 March 2016

We stayed here a couple of nights both before and after our Caribbean cruise. The frist time we had a big apartment on the 1st floor. Two bedrooms either side of an ample bathroom. Sppacious living / dining area with well-equiped open plan kitchen (not taht we used it. Lots of cupboards everywhere. Nice balcony with chairs as well as a comfy bean bag.
Breakfast was a few minutes walk to the beach restaurant of another hotel. Very pleasant buffet, with enough choice. Long queues though, during Valentine's weekend!
Apartments situated within walking distance of fairly new Mambo Boulevard, with various restaurants and shops.
Second time we had a slightly smaller apartment on the ground floor. Still 2 bedrooms, but everything on a slightly smaller scale. "Terrace"was practically on the parking lot, not much privacy.
Reception staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Not on ground floor as you are right across from the parking lot. Higher up, with balcony, is better.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
TeamDSH, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again in Dolphin Suites.

Warm regards,
Management Dolphin Suites

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

So our family visited Curacao and I booked a room at the Dolphin Suites for a family vacation. Our friend referred us to the island and gave us some tips on where to stay and what to do etc. I mistakenly booked this hotel instead of the one I was supposed to. I realized I had booked the wrong hotel a few hours after I did it. The dolphin suites did have a cancelation penalty of (I believe it was 50% of the stay). After being charged the penalty the manager there did end up crediting me back the full amount a few days later. So because of their professional and kind customer service I would definitely give them a try next time we go to the island.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. We would really like to say that it was a pleasure to have you stay with us but now we just look forward to welcome you in the future in Dolphin Suites!

Warm regards,
Management Dolphin Suites

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Great friendly staff. Had an amazing time over my 6 dat stay. It wasn't on the beach but walking distance from one . They offer a free shuttle to an amazing grocery as the hotel itself has no restaurant. Renting a car maybe best to get around the island and seeing it has to offer.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Duration: 4 night

First Impression:
Pulling up, I realized how quint it was. Not so commercialized and massive with people running all over the place. I love the subdued appeal of the property. The grounds were clean and well kept.

------------
Parking:
Note at the end of the road, the large parking lot is shared with the Aquarium/Academy guests. However, the reserved area on the right of the guard post, is for the Suites. Btw, make sure you get the parking placard at check in, so you don't get a parking fine.

------------
Check-in
The reception area is open air. You will be greeted by some nice folks. They will check you in, provide an info packet (details, coupons, etc). Karen is the master concierge....she knows everything about the island. 5 min and I was in my room.

--------
Room:
From what I can tell, the first floor is typically single bed rooms, while the 2nd / 3rd are larger rooms. The doors are glass doors with real keys :)

Upon entering, the rooms were simple and clean. Definitely not cluttered. I got a comfy King bed with four semi firm pillows. A couch, table, 32" LCD TV w/HBO, TV table. In back you have a little kitchenette (microwave, fridge, dishes, cups, utensils, water boiler, coffee maker.) and storage dresser drawers/closet (with extra towels, iron, safe).

Btw, the outlets in this hotel is the two pin 220v outlet type (not US two blade prong). But you can go to the front desk to get an adapter (not 220v-120v though). But most electrical devices adjust and accept 120/220 automatically.

----------------
Bathroom:
As advertised, this is set up for folks with disabilities as well. With hold bars all over the bathroom. A good benefit is it is much more roomy without feeling so confined. However, all the rooms I believe are set up that way.

The design is modern with tile floors throughout. If you need other supplies like hair dryer, the front desk will loan it to you...along with anything else.

---------
Staff:
As I am always a happy customer, I tend to get good service all the time. The ladies here are great. They always say hi, ask about my day, etc. Asked if I need anything or need recommendations for tours, sightseeing, adventures, food, etc. I love it.

--------------
Overall: I really enjoyed my stay here. If back, I would comeback here. The value is great too.

-------------
Added Info:
1) If you want to exchange currency (USD -> ANG). they can do it free. Rates are the market conversion rate. Don't panic.

2) Car gas fill up procedures. There is a gas station just down the street. Stations only accept cash (ANG in all denominations, while USD is $20 or less bill size). Though I wouldn't recommend USD, as their conv rate is bad.

Additionally, you pay first. So go to the cashier and give money..always give more than you anticipate especially when you try to "fill up". Once filled up, just go back to the cashier to get any money back if overpaid.

During the day sometimes an attendant will fill up for you, and other times, if is self service. Either way, the payment part with the cashier you do.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo