Curacao is a beautiful island! The water is stunning, temperatures warm, and little rain. Our stay at Sunscape overall was good, a few areas that the resort could be improved upon but Kenneth from the Sun Club has really made it an enjoyable experience. Beyond making a mean mojito, he is extremely personable and has been a joy to interact with!
The decor of the room is very nice. The air conditioning in the room worked very well and it was needed! Sadly, the exterior could use some love. I saw shingles falling off or missing from several buildings.
Service / restaurants- restaurants were good but not consistent and had long wait times both to get in and to get served once seated. There was also inconsistencies between tables and food (e.g one night we didnt get bread although other tables had it, food seemed to be distributed haphazardly not in the order of tables being seated, and I ordered the same meal 2 nights and they were not actually the same).
The World cafe for breakfast and lunch lacked organization in seating and service. Often times we had been half through a meal before getting a beverage. It also would be great if some fans could be added to circulate air.
One mystery to me is why after the first 2 days we were never given any new wash cloths. Consistency and standards....
Sun Club - we liked the check in process, having a beverage right there and a shorter wait time. Hit or miss on attentiveness and friendliness of staff when I went into the lounge. We liked that we had our own pool and seperate beach area. Downfall it was far from restaurants and nightlife and next to public beach. Kenneth was amazing but sadly the Sun club bar closed at 5 and there wasnt another one in close proximity. It also felt like a makeshift bar unlike other spots on the resort property. Give Kenneth a real bar! Also as paying a higher rate, I was personally upset that some of the higher quality liquors were only avaialble at the sun Club again which had limited hours.
Overall, a good experience but some of the details were lacking that I have come to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad