All reviews time share grocery store free admission dolphin show mambo beach timeshare week man made island unlimited access full kitchen private beach ocean encounters living room open ocean kiddie pool room facing one bedroom unit fish
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I went with my family on a week long trip to the Royal Sea Aquarium and Resort. The staff is very friendly but we were unhappy with the maintenance there. Some other guests were upset too. Upon checking Into the room there was a pretty noticeable stain on the sheets and pillows that looked like blood. At first I thought maybe it was from one of our bags so I tried to get it out and it wouldn't even come out! My family mentioned they saw it there when we first walked in. I called the desk and asked both beds to have all the sheets changed and new. At first glance, the switched sheets appeared fine so we slept comfortably that night. The next day I lifted the sheet as I was waking up to notice the comforter was FILTHY. I'm not sure if they flipped it upside down or just brought another dirty one but there was a huge mysterious green stain that looked like food or vomit. I was so sick that I slept in it we demanded a brand new comforter immediately. Someone came and opened a comforter out of plastic but that set the tone for the week. Although, the people were friendly I also felt that it lacked some diversity (LGBT couples) it definitely was an older, retirement crowd.

The Italian restaurant downstairs, Limoncello, is really terrible. The only good item on the menu is the gnocchi. I had to send back the risotto because it was inedible, the chef had the nerve to ask me what was wrong with it. The panna cotta dessert had too much gelatin in it, I was spitting out hard, rubbery clumps. The pizza also tasted like cardboard and was thrown together hastily. We were told the limoncello cheesecake had alcohol on it in the lemon sauce and it was just plain cheesecake, I didn't order any because I'm allergic to alcohol but I could have!!! The wait staff also doesn't know what they're doing besides one nice man. You have to ask to be served and for silverware to eat. You even have to ask for menus.

The Lions Dive Resort across the little bridge along the boardwalk has much better food choices and a more lively crowd including Hemingway's --- best fish sandwich I've ever had, Nemo's, Piazza (a much better Italian restaurant) and chill.

What sucked the most about the resort is the beach is very small, it's basically a lagoon and it's COVERED IN ROCKS. If you swim across to the other side there are less rocks. If you're looking for a smooth sandy bottom, this is not the place for you. I was disappointed.

ALSO, there is no shuttle to and from the airport which Lions Dive Resort includes in their online booking. You have to pay a taxi driver. The taxi driver broke my luggage upon arrival and almost forced us into a tour. Will be staying at a different resort next time I'm in Curacao.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AlyssaTravels_101
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Alyssa,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We feel sorry that we couldn't meet your expectations during your last trip to Curacao. We have worked for many years and it has always been our primary goal to provide excellent service to the guests who stay with us.
We are sorry that the accommodations did not live up to those goals for you. We will make every effort to address your comments and find different ideas to surprise you next time.
I hope you can afford us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a very well maintained, secure tropical oasis. Next to the Aquarium which is a nice venue. They serve breakfast by the pool's over looking the ocean so tranquil. Mombo beach across from this little island. There really is to much to put into this review, just do it.

Room tip: Your on a little island with a waterway between it is a tropical paradise location.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Wayne,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your kind words. It is so great to hear that our team is doing a good job and it is comments like yours that keep us going!
Best wishes from sunny Curacao.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and a friend just stayed at this resort and it was absolutely wonderful! The first desk is helpful with anything you may need and you staying on a resort that's also an aquarium so you get to see many things. Luckily we got the dolphin room and were able to wake up every morning and see a free show with them. It is also in a great location for younger crowds since it is just a walk away from Mambo Beach and the Wet and Wild beach party. The only thing that was a little annoying is the extra $200 fee they give you once you check in that is non-refundable. Also our room did not have an iron, but other than those minor things I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaqueece W

Dear Jaqueece,
Thank you for sharing your comments with the community and us. I would like to thank you for visiting us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We feel very happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal, based on that reasoning we will take action in the cons you found during your stay, so feel free to contact us through our official website to give special follow up in reference to your $200 deposit. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best.
Kind regards from sunny Curacao.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Ok resort for price.

Good things:

Pool
Near Eric's Adventures
Near Shopping
Aquarium on Site
Ocean Side

Bad:
Did not care for the tile flooring in room
You need to go to front desk to get a towel
Limited room cleaning

Room tip: Get ocean view, it's worth it
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Raul,
Thank you for sharing your comments with the community and us. We would like to thank you for visiting us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We feel very happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal. Also, we will take action in the cons you found during your visit.
We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.
We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best.
Kind regards from sunny Curacao.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I booked 1 night before catching my flight after working in the area. The room is quite simple, mobiliair does look a bit dated. The balcony, the swimming pool looks nice. Breakfast was simple but good. Price was also on the simple side, so overall is ok. It has direct view to the aquarium and the shows. You even get the entrance ticket, which is very nice! Mambo beach is within walking distance. Get a car/taxi for everything else.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank servas31
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Servando,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We want you to know that we truly enjoy serving you and feel honored to be your chosen resort for your recent trip to Curacao.
Your trust is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet your expectations. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful. Thanks again! We look forward to serve you for many years to come.