All reviews boutique hotel a family run hotel balcony overlooking main street full length mirror small room small hotel short stroll the water's edge a wonderful stay street noise close to the hotel walking distance to downtown fantastic hotel rain shower late flight comfortable stay location was perfect
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Upon arrival at Bij Blauw we felt right at home! The staff welcomed us warmly and they were super friendly. The beautiful style and colors of the hotel were so amazing. We couldn't stop taking pictures. I said to myself I could live here. But seriously every corner of the hotel was well taken care of and clean. The detail and uniqueness was second to none. Our room had a sea view and you could here the sea 24 hours a day. The hotel also had a pool and a really cool shop inside it. It was walking distance to town and other nearby coffee shops and restaurants. We highly recommend staying there and we can't wait to go back and visit!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Britt v, Manager at BijBlauw, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Mikey D,

It was great having you as our guests! Thank you for your wonderful review and you are more than welcome to enjoy BijBlauw again!

Team BijBlauw

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Took my girlfriend for a getaway and was so happy I picked BijBlauw for my stay.
Here you will find a clean and beautiful location. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The on-site restaurant is very good. It is also conveniently located.
I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Britt v, Manager at BijBlauw, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear mgmfish,

What a wonderful review, thank you very much! We loved having you as our guests.

Hope to meet you again some day,

Team BijBlauw

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Pros:
•the island has the most beautiful beaches I’ve seen in my life!!
•The hotel is situated on the ocean!
•there’s a restaurant/bar on the premises.
•The staff was extremely friendly (Tearsa was my favorite).
•We rented an entire apartment. The apartment was spacious, clean and had updated everything.
•The location was in walking distance to downtown and 10 minute drive from Mambo beach.
•Staff arranged transportation and arranged a rental car pick up.
•there’s a pharmacy in walking distance and restaurants all around.
•WiFi was good.
•my room had an apartment with a view of the city in front and a gorgeous ocean view from the veranda.

Cons:
•the neighborhood doesn’t feel the safest at night (however there is a security guard that sits outside the resort until about 2am).
•Food wasn’t the greatest in Curacao overall.
•The hotel menu was super limited.
•The hotel room doesnt contain a phone.
•There’s a pool at the hotel but i think the limited water supply in the country prohibits the use of the pool because it was blocked off.
•The taxi cab rates were expensive. You’re better off renting a car.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Latrece L
Britt v, Manager at BijBlauw, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Latrece L,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate you taking the time for it!

We are sorry that you thought the pool was closed. Clearly we did not communicate properly that it was allowed to make use of it. For our future guests we will make sure to mentioned it properly, thank you for the feedback.

I loved having you as our guests, hopefully we may welcome you again some day!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I reserved this hotel due to its location, and I must say that my stay at the hotel exceeded expectations. Upon my arrival Tieresa,from the reception personally gave me a tour of the hotel, and sat down with me to discuss my travel plans for my stay here. Her recommendations definitely enhanced my island experience. The hotel is a 10 min walk from the bustle and party galore of Punda, and a 10 min walk to Avila beach. It's also perfectly located to enjoy the party scenes in Pietermaai. As a solo traveller everything about the hotel was perfect. It was safe and clean. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious, equipped with a fridge and a dreamy bathroom. The windows were ocean facing. The hotel is waterfront, albiey lacking in a beach. But it borders CityBeach 88 which is a great spot for some evening chill vibes. The restaurant has a great ambience, but is a tad bit expensive. My stay at Bij Blauw was a great contributor to a blissful holiday in Curacao.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank sumedha r
Britt v, Manager at BijBlauw, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear sumedha r,

You were a wonderful guest, it was a pleasure hosting you and I am glad we could assist to make your holiday a memorable one!
Thank you very much for your really nice review.

Hope to meet you again!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. First, the locations it’s perfect, near to the downtown (5 minutes walking), near to some restaurants,near to the sea, it’s really good.
The room was excellent, perfectly clean, good size, comfortable, don’t need more.
Restaurant, short menu but great flavors!!!!
And the staff 10/10 excellent service, specially Thyrza help me a lot!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Suco I
Britt v, Manager at BijBlauw, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Suco I,

It was a pleasure assisting you during your business trip! Guests like you truly are the reason people like me love to do this job!

Hope to see you again some day and to meet your girlfriend of course!