1,213 results
All reviews blue mall christopher hamra the executive lounge glass floor vertigo bar bathroom mirror upscale mall louis vuitton high end mall infinity pool excellent service winston churchill same building the entire staff amazing hotel home away from home make you feel at home
Reviewed 8 September 2018

The JW Marriott in Santo Domingo is a relatively new and modern hotel. Actually I wanted to give them a 5 rating, however during my stay, I recognized they not yet deserv it. Positive notes is the design, and here especially the terrace consisting of a glassy floor. In case if you‘re afraid of hights, watch your step. In addition there is a nice glassy pool where you can enjoy the sun, the view over some parts of the city and just relax. The service was ok, staff for sure is very friendly, the only part I have to complain, is when the TV service employee stepped in my room without knocking. Breakfast has good choices, and overall the food quality is good. I can recommend the steaks, which the prepare delicious. Rooms are equipped with flat TV, phone, security box, hair dryer, mini bar (which was somehow locked), and of course internet.
Why not 5 points? Well, after I went Friday afternoon to the pool, I had to leave because they had to prepare the area for a wedding. Hotel managemnt however was so kind, to provide some cheese, a small bottle of wine with some salami. The second no go was of course stepping in the room without knocking to fix the TV which did not worked up from the day I moved in.
So, overall, yes agood hotel, very friendly staff and without these discrepancies a 5 rating would have been justified.

p.S. There is a larger shopping mall in the lower parts/ area

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Everything you need in a single place.Food,wines,people,all the magic you will find it here! Diego,Diomarys,Katherine,Franklyn,Margarita, Wladimir,luis,sandy,yovin,jordan,elvys,teresa,juan carlos,jhonny,arline,arley,belkys,edgar.... the list continues! I love you all.

Ana Pezzoti

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank anapezzoti201
Nigel C, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear anapezzoti201,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. It gives me great pleasure that you had a wonderful time and that my ladies and gentlemen were able to make you feel at home, exceeding your expectations. Just like you said, this IS “home away from home!”.

At the JW Marriott Santo Domingo, each detail, big or small, is designed to make you feel richer and taken care of. Our brand is dedicated to a simple but powerful idea, inspired by J. Willard Marriott himself, “if we take good care of our employees, they will take good care of our customers”, and that is the JW treatment; to make you feel as part of our own family.

I will share your comment with my ladies and gentlemen and make a special call out to Diego, Diomarys, Katherine, Franklyn, Margarita, Wladimir, Luis, Sandy, Yovin, Jordan, Elvys, Teresa, Juan Carlos, Jhonny, Arline, Arley, Belkys, Edgar and everyone who made an impact on your visit.

Once again, thank you so much for your loyalty and we hope you return to your luxury home away home.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience
5 star service.
The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable!
The food was okay in the restaurant but room service was better.
Prices were decent for the service and quality.
I will be returning!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear wendy M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences with us. As the general manager of the JW Marriott Santo Domingo it is always rewarding to read when our guests have had a great experience and to see the service and attention of the ladies and gentlemen highlighted in their review.

Please know that I have shared your review with all my ladies & gentlemen, who you mentioned were “very helpful and knowledgeable”. It is rewarding to see they exceeded your expectations and to read that you will be returning to our JW.

I hope we have another opportunity to serve you again soon and that you will continue to choose the JW Santo Domingo as your preferred hotel in the capital.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the JW Thursday to Sunday for business and pleasure. Amazing staff and great hotel. Worth staying on the concierge level for 3 meal presentations plus drinks and snacks. Of particular note was the bartending staff in the lobby bar. Julio was an expert mixologist who took great pride in the work! So sad to leave, but will be back!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear SPate117,

On behalf of my Ladies and Gentlemen, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us. Our passion is to make each guest feel at home away from home. I’m glad you were able to experienced what we do best, treat people exceptionally well, which is what we call the JW Treatment.

We are the masters of providing an intuitive service, as you can tell by our reviews in our JW Marriott Santo Domingo TripAdvisor’s page. Attention to detail, dedicated and personalized service as well as providing the best of the best products and services, is what makes us the best hotel in the city. I will definitely share your comments with my ladies and gentlemen and congratulate them for exceeding your expectations to the fullest and make a special mention to Julio for creating a one of a kind experience.

We are looking forward to have the opportunity to serve you again very soon and I to meet you personally. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Clean, modern and updated. Cool pool with city view. Attentive staff and great service. We upgraded to the concierge floor and it toally worth it. It is connected to a small upscale mall that offers easy dining options.

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank Brett Z

Dear Brett Z,

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing with me and future travelers your experience in our property. We are ideally and strategically located on top of the most high end mall in the country, Blue Mall, where you can find amazing stores, recognized nationally and internationally. This oasis of tranquility is definitely a one of a kind in the city, offering breath taking views of either the ocean, city, or mountains. It truly shows it all.

I’m very proud of each and every one of my ladies and gentlemen. They all provide top notch service to either guests or visitors. They don’t receive a special training for this; this is just the Dominican hospitality showcasing at is most genuine state.

I hope you will continue to choose our JW Marriott as your preferred hotel in Santo Domingo, and discover more on your next stay. We look forward to serving you again soon.