15 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$175
PricelineUS$175
Destinia.comUS$336
2,669 results
All reviews beer bar oregano restaurant batting cages adult section tiki tiki juan luis beach bar dominican restaurant family vacation animation team kids club great resort a la carte restaurants smaller resort amazing vacation other resorts dominican republic
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2022

Jose 5star and Carlos carried the resort. Very fun friendly funny handsome amazing you know the vibes. The weather is always good, food good, people good, good entertainment. Overall great experience!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2022

We travelled as a family of 5 with 3 kids (11, 9 and 4), We are an easy going family who just wants to relax, have fun and eat good food. Overall that is what we got at this hotel. I always read reviews before I go away, and I take them with a grain of salt, as some people really just look for a reason to complain and be un happy on a trip. Here is my honest thoughts and experience at this hotel. Hotel is advertised as a 5 star, id say more of a 4 star (4.3 star lol) Here's why:

Things i Cant speak on because we didn't do:" A La Cartes (ill explain why), Kids Club, Night time shows.

We checked in at 1am. It went fine and got our room on the ground floor. The next morning we noticed a few ants in our room which didn't bother us really. That afternoon however a few ants turned into ALOT of ants everywhere- and then it was a problem. We asked for a new room at the front desk, they said we would have to wait a few hours as the rooms were being cleaned and ppl were checking out. We got our new room- beautiful, no ants. The hotel handled this well and in a timely manner. We did noticed that around 5pm (prime time shower time for dinner i guess..) the hot water was minimal, warm at best. But all other times of the day- hot shower.
Hotel itself was beautiful. Grounds kept immaculate, staff working constantly to keep it like this. It was a very quiet hotel- not a party hotel. During the day they had some music playing from a speaker near the pool- and exercise once a day. But no loud MC's, No loud music and dance parties. No foam parties and dance contests or trivia games yo see at alot of other hotels. This was okay for us, but if you want lively entertainment 24-7, this is not the hotel for you.

Beach was amazing. Water was a little rough for the smaller kids so just be aware if you want to snorkel or anything- maybe a no go due to the waves. There are vendors on the beach but they were not as bad as some of these reviews make it seem. They walk by, we say no thank you- they keep going. Yes, you may have to say no thank you to 7 ppl, but they just keep it moving and don't harass you. If you do buy from them negotiate down the price of everything,

Pool- the large pool was nice and where we spent most of our time. They should ramp up the cleaning (and the chlorine) on the busy days of the weekend. On the busy days we did notice it was a little gross by the stairs (trapped stuff due to water flow?).

Food- We had no issues with the food; Even with picky kids. I was thrown at first due to the size of the buffet "room", but got over that quickly. Good selection, taste of the food was good as well. There was always something everyone. The snack bar at the beach was on and off. Great views, but the food would be hot and fresh one day- and then way over done the next. Worth a try, and if you aren't satisfied just walk to the buffet.

We did not attend any shows at all- but we heard they were there, and were okay- kinda run of the mill hotel shows. Fun tho I'm sure my kids would have liked to see them. We went to the kids "Disco" which happens by the pool area/ bar- its just a few songs and a turtle dancing around. I thought it was kinda pointless and minimal, but my kids had fun and they're the experts.

A La Cartes: We didn't do any. We cancelled the one reservation we had, and weren't able to make any more as they were fully booked. Maybe they were? Maybe they weren't i didn't care enough to look into it, We were fine with the buffet. Do use the app to book- there are QR codes all over the place for it. Don't do what I did and waste your time standing in line at the Customer service office- only top be told to go online.

Staff: Staff was always very nice and helpful. We did get asked 19374 times about the "VIP Meeting and the free gifts we would get" from the guys in the Blue shirts. We did have to tell the guy NO- alot, but we got the point across that he was wasting his time with us and we weren't going to attend-ever. After that he never said a word to us- not even Hi lol.
Some expected language barriers with some, but everyone tried to understand and help us each step of the way. No issues with the staff at all. We are believers that you get more flies with sugar- then vinegar. Be nice, respectful and be patient, they run on island time - and so should you- you're on vacation!

Delays: Our flight was delayed a full day. The hotel accommodated us flawlessly. The only annoying thing was- our flight left at 11pm, and we had to be out of our room for 1pm (that was the latest we could stay without paying anything additional). I was more worried about my kids- and where i could clean them up after long day in the sun. The hotel gave us a courtesy room

So so far, so good, but- this is the issue I did have.

On Friday the locals show up, which was fine- as there is alot of them and it brought some life into a usually quiet hotel. The issue i had was they TOOK OVER- and as a week long guest it was hard to maneuver around, find seats- get served etc, The pool area was rammed- they started a full on football game in the middle of the pool no regard for anyone around them. I had to take my kids out of the pool- and instead had a 'beach day'. This also makes the pool extra nasty- cups floating around, a scum line formed around the stair area...i am easy going but this was not cool at all.
There is one main bar at the pool area- a group of local men set a ring of chairs up right in from of the bar. To get a drink you had to walk thru the group- and every time wait for them to order (literally 40 drinks) to pass around their circle. (Kudos to the bartenders working their butts off!)
The day pass people could care less about the other guests and their enjoyment and it did really take away form the experience. We had one lady hop out the pool and wipe her hands and face on my towel- like WTF, I was like- NO NO NO - get your own towel. It was wild! A woman came and took my chair with my towel on it and sat next to my hubby, the chair was clearly taken- and I had to ask her to get up and move.
During the weekend with the locals was the only time we had to wait in line for buffet (and it was a long line too) This is where we had our only issues.

Clearly the hotel knows the locals come out in the 100s- why not prepare for that? Extra tables, extra chairs- towels etc, extra staff to accommodate people at the buffet and bars? This would be hugely beneficial to the property and the resulting reviews they get because of this.
If I came back (which I would!) I would just ensure plan to maybe to an excursion on these days, have beach days- and eat at the A La Cartes to avoid the chaos and the lines.

Overall- I Gave it a 4.3 star as I believe a 5 star should knock your socks off- LUXURIIOUS. This was not that. It was a beautiful and great hotel, but not at that 5 star level. I would go back again if I was looking for a very laid back vacation. We got a great price for the vacation we had, and at that price I'd return for sure.

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank C38j
Reviewed 12 August 2022

It was a good vacation destination with family. We went as a family of five for one week. The beach is nice and the restaurant food was good. It seems like they have great dishes on Fridays. The service was good. The people are very friendly, especially Augustin Panedec. He is very kind, always saved seats for us, and brought local and organic goods for us. There are activities at the resort, but the night shows are good and pretty funny. There are three restaurants you can go for dinner that are reservation restaurants (for free since included in the all inclusive package). There are Italian (Amici), Mexican (Lolita), and Dominican (Oregano) restaurants. The Italian and Mexican restaurants have aesthetic and delicious food. The Mexican restaurant was nice inside and had a live performance as well. Oregano was pretty nice, but not good for vegetarians.

Room tip: Rooms near the beach are quieter. The ones near the pool can be noisy from late night shows (it is only loud until shows end at 11pm).
Reviewed 12 August 2022

Honestly it’s hard trying to find a resort with staff that would make you feel like family but emotions has made our stay feel so comfortable and happy. Every morning we’re greeted with so much positive energy, every person on the resort clearly loves their job and it shows. Wish we could’ve extended our stay and if given the chance we really would have. Emotions will for sure be seeing us again. Our favourites are Jose and Chocolate for entertainment and Alexandra for serving, make sure you get a chance to talk to them and feel their positive and welcoming energy:)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2022 via mobile

No frills place - you pay for what you get. If you are looking to relax and be served in a luxurious resort for a break, this place is not for you. You need to line up with other visiting guests and locals for EVERYTHING from Friday to Monday - including towels, buffet, drinks, etc. Rooms need either a makeover or a deep cleaning. No one was at the kids club on multiple days and times. Beach was too rough for my 2 and 10 year old to enjoy. Kid pool was sad.

Trip type: Travelled with family