Presidential Suites by Lifestyle(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$170
Bookit.com
  • Pool
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$173
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$133
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$197
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$122
US$265
US$242
Hotels.com
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$131
Travelocity
Tubagua Plantation Eco Lodge(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$50
Priceline
VH Atmosphere - Adults Only - All Inclusive(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$174
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$155
All reviewsriu merenguedance movesevery other dayfriedrichsunwingcleanersguysblastrumpoolsshowsexcursionsbartenderbeachentertainmentvacationresort
Reviewed 17 May 2018

My husband and I just returned from a lovely week-long vacation. We stayed May 7th to 14th. We had a blast! Our room was clean and quiet, and close to everything (pool, buffet, beach). The food was great; there was always something new to try. The service was excellent! Everyone was super friendly and fun. We had a great time with the animation staff, playing games around the pool and meeting new people. I would highly recommend this resort and would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Went here for 3 day, easy check in, hotel was clean, staff was courteous. Had amazing time in the hotel, plenty of choice in the buffet area.The beach is calm and hotel has shows to entertain guest from magician, dancers, guest participation. The morning walk around the hotel is peaceful and plenty to see.

Room Tip: get away from the hotel entrance
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank lalocadr19
Reviewed 14 May 2018

A cousin and I travelled alone from May 4th to 11th and were completely blown away. (Ages 28 and 14)
Travelled with Sunwing as always! Great service!
Check In- quick and organized, our bags arrived to our room within 5 minutes.
Food- Fresh and delicious, we never got sick and didn’t know of anyone who had gotten sick during our stay. Diego’s omelets were the best way to start the day. The a-la-carte options are Italian and steakhouse. Reservations were never an issue, they were done at breakfast and the food was really good!
Rooms- big and clean. The surroundings are beautiful and very quiet. I’ve read reviews saying the beds were uncomfortable, however, this was not the case during my stay. I slept very well every night. No issues.
Resort/facilities- although you may read horror reviews about it being “old”, don’t let those scare you away. Yes, this resort it older however it is very well maintained and clean. And the greenery is absolutely stunning. Large mature palm trees decorate this place very well and it was the scene for a perfect vacation.
Pools- don’t be fooled by the reviews stating the pools are dirty. Due to the mature trees, many pieces will fall into the water, but the staff work around the clock to keep it clean. There are disrespectful travellers who do eat around and in the pool, leaving their remainders behind, but this is not the fault of the resort. Do your part and use the garbage can.
Staff- Where to begin, you’ll never find a resort like this one. The staff go above and beyond for you. From the maintenance guys to the bar staff, everyone greets you and treats you like royalty. There are tons of activities to partake in. I highly recommend 12pm aquagym with Mr. Blue, he is absolutely excellent. His personality, dance moves and energy will make your week a memorable one. I highly praise the animation team, they are fun and energetic. Spaguetty will keep you laughing.
Evening entertainment- live music and dancing was so much fun. And don’t worry if you can’t dance, the animation team will make sure you are professional by the end of your stay. The shows were stunning, and this resort had the best dancers I’ve ever seen perform at any resort. Mr. Blue will keep you dancing at the disco, he’s an excellent DJ.
Beach- beautiful! Take advantage of the scenery and walk to the gazebo. The cruise ships are breathtaking and the shops at the end of the beach were interesting. There are free water activities that you can enjoy as well. The beach is clean and the water was beautiful.
Excursions- there are so many to choose from.
My next trip will be easy to plan, there’s no other place I’d rather stay. I’ve met guests who have been staying there for 4 weeks at a time for the last 10 years, THAT is just a testimony of how great this place is. Ignore the negative comments, this place is amazing. I would feel 100% if I were to travel alone.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Lace D
Senator-Hotels, Gerente at Playabachata Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Guest,

First at all, thank you very much for taking the time to provide your excellent positive feedback regarding our hotel.

It´s a pleasure for us to know that your stay in our hotel was as pleasant as you indicated. Your comment makes us feel proud of the work done on a daily basis, with the only aim of satisfying the needs of our guests.

Regarding our staff I will take your positive comments them personally. Our goal is that all our guests leave our establishments, like you did, with wonderful memories of their holidays.

We are your disposal at any time and we´re looking forward to welcoming you back again.

General Manager Playa Bachata Resort

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We spent 2 weeks at PlayaBachata, it was our third time there (previously this resort had a different name and owner). The whole resort consists of three separate parts (with their own pools and restaurants), one of them was just closing for renovation.

1. Service and staff
Reception staff seemed OK. Luckily we didn´t have to solve any problems so we got in touch only during check-in and check-out.

Bar staff is hard working, but sometimes the drinks are not tasty at all (see bellow). Waiters at the restaurants are friendly and attentive, especially Neury and Adolfo in the main restaurant. But at the weekends, when local people come, the staff has an issue with making the tables, refilling the food and cleaning.

Gardeners and cleaning staff are working almost all the time.

2. Room and cleaning
Rooms are average, with older furniture, bathroom is outdated. But there are comfortable beds, air-conditioning and fan, safe for free, minibar for free refilled every other day. There are also bottles of rum, gin, vodka and brandy directly in the rooms.
Cleaning was quite OK, changing of the towels and bed linen was sufficient.

3. Food
Food was great in the main restaurant and the previous "Village part" restaurant. Good choice of meats (fish was usually overcooked), side dishes, fruits, sweets, ice-cream etc. Once or twice there were also sushi or for example Italian specialities. There is also "pool restaurant" for snacks or lunch with limited offer - mostly hamburgers, French fries, pizza.

4. Beach and pools
The beach is long and beautiful, there are plenty of loungers and palm trees. The sea was great, quite calm, the beach area was cleaned every day. Pools are nice, but we didn´t use them. At the weekends they become busy because of the local people. As a result of this they were dirty until the next cleaning.

5. Entertainment
There are plenty of activities during the day in both opened parts of the hotel. I took part in morning gymnastics and dancing lessons, but there are also aqua aerobic, darts, pool games, volleyball etc.

Each part of the hotel has its own night entertainment. There is life music every evening, mini disco and night programs such as contests, karaoke, beach party, magic show. On most nights there were various dancing shows which we liked best. The dancing group of PlayaBachata is on professional level (I think I have a good grasp of it). Special thanks to the choreographers Roberto Carlos and Alberto! But I would like to say hi to all the dancers, I will miss you, guys :-).

6. Flaws
As I mentioned above, there are some drawbacks. First of all - local people keep coming for the weekends. They are very loud with many children. The whole resort gets busy (especially the pools) and there are lines at the restaurants a mess everywhere. I accept that they are in their own country, but they could be at least accommodated separately from "quieter nations", because the hotel consists of many buildings.

I would also prefer the management to insist on a bit formal clothes required for the dinners. There were people sitting in their baseball caps and undershirts (local people as well as Canadiens, Americans and Europeans), which is not nice to look at.

Another little flaw - Margarita cocktail. I love this drink, but I was disappointed this year. It seems like the bartenders were competing for who makes it the worst. The only exception - Baby at the bar near the main restaurant.

To sum up - previously this hotel resort was rated as four/five-star, I would give it 3,5 stars. Picky persons looking for luxury could be disappointed. But we really enjoyed our stay, because we came maily to enjoy the weather and food, Caribbean music, the beach and bathing in the sea. I want to go back one day.
Romynka84@seznam.cz

Stayed: May 2018
6  Thank EvaP1984

Dear Guest,.

Thank you for your comments given towards our establishment, and our staff, specially to our dancing group.

Your comment makes us feel really proud of our daily work, with the only goal of meeting our guests’ needs. With your opinion we can improve the quality of our service, to know the perception of our product an even more important, the quality and the kindness of the service.

Concerning your comment about the lack of the hotel renovation and reform, we would like to inform you that we´re in a process of regular updating and renovation of our facilities.

We will have very much in mind your impressions and we will work to improve these different points marked so that in the next visit your perception of the product received is entirely satisfactory.

The whole Playa Bachata Hotel team is at your disposal and we hope you come back to visit us on another occasion. Meanwhile we will keep working to achieve all our guests enjoy their stay with us.

General Manager Playa Bachata Resort

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Well i am comming from germany since 7 years to the ex Riu Bachata hotel and now it is closed down since a week and i changed over to ex merenge village (now called Playa Bachata 2) and let me tell you same staff and verry nice little hotel.verry clean . cute well maintaned ,friendly staff ,
Friedrich ,Francisco ,Luna and Yesenia ,Managers from Ex Riu bachata are all
at this nice little location making sure clients are do super good under the new Hotel chain Senator Resorts.
The New Project manager Mr. Alejandro Castillo runing all 3 resorts is verry friendly and saying hallo to all his guests..i find that verry professional and charming ,
well i have to go home tomorow but i will be back.
Hope you will like it
best Jutta from Manheim

Room Tip: All those rooms are in a quiet location
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Jutta F

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback and sharing your impressions with other readers .

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our service. Our main goal is to make our guests feel comfortable in our establishment and leaving us with wonderful memories of their holidays.

Regarding our staff I will take your positive comments them personally, your comments makes us feel really proud of our daily work, with the only goal of meeting our guests’ needs.

I would like to repeat our gratitude and hope we can meet you as soonest as possible in our hotel or in any Senator Hotels & Resorts chain establishments.

General Manager Playabachata Resort