Just returned from a 7 day vacation at Royal Suites Turquesa (2/5-2/12). This is my 5th time to the Dominican and first time at Royal Suites. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite as it turned out to be our engagement vacation! The suite was nothing over the top and honestly I don't believe we received many of the perks we should have. The concept of a butler is non existent. We had 3 over the course of 1 week and unless we needed them, we never saw them.
Overall, glad we came, would not come back due to lack of personal attention and the enormity of the resort (Trolley everywhere)
-Royal Suites patrons have a private area that the rest of the resort cannot use.
-Royal Suites has 2 private restaurants that do not need reservations (still can be a wait and still need long pants for men)
-Restaurant 1: Royal Gourmet - HORRIBLE! Ate there for breakfast and dinner the first day and never went back
-Restaurant 2: Le Chanterelle - Our favorite in the resort overall. Definitely order the Chateaubriand for 2. We went 2 times - delicious!
-The property is very well maintained, beautiful beach and pool is clean. If you are not out by the pool or beach by 9am, latest, you will not get a desirable chair location.
-Best place for lunch is a quick walk down the beach to the Bohia Buffet.. not part of Royal Suites, but not as many kids as the other buffets and still good food.
-Couples massages on the beach were well worth it at a good deal of $139USD/couple. Fantastic! We did this twice
- Room Service is beyond anything even edible.. do not order it (only the pizza is decent)
- Breakfast on the resort is not very good
- The resort is very very very large. You need to take a trolley anywhere you want to go other than a few things in Royal Suites
- Only 1 ATM machine in the entire Palladium resort and it only dispenses Pesos...
- Very loud obnoxious Russian groups invaded the Royal Suites the week we were there and truly ruined several beach days (and upon reading other reviews, this seems to be an ongoing issue)
- If your looking for nightlife or anything exciting to do after dinner, do not count on it. However, after a day in the sun and drinking, a night out isn't very necessary
- Book dinner reservations ahead of time. The day we arrived, we were told all restaurants were sold out. Half way thru our trip, we realized we didn't always need reservations because we were Royal Suites patrons, but still had to wait about 20 min.
Restaurants on resort that we tried were: (need pants for all, except buffets)
- Rodizio - pretty good meat selection and tasty food
- Arrecife - Steak/Seafood: not very good - would not go back. If you are from the Northeast, do not get the lobsters as they are spiny lobsters and not what you would expect.
- Le Chanterelle - Royal Suites only - fantastic.. get the fondue and Chateaubriand.
- Royal Gourmet - Not good
- El Torres - our favorite breakfast buffet
- Bohio - our favorite lunch buffet
Random others :
Saona Island excursion - 3 hour bus ride, 2 hour catamaran, and a nice beach.. then the same ride back.. not worth $180 USD.
Photography session at Royal Suites - very well worth it! We had fantastic shots taken for our engagement and would suggest it to anyone who wants great pictures taken of themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Turquesa is an exclusive VIP area of 372 luxurious rooms located within the Grand Palladium Resort in Punta Cana. Featuring private facilities and personalised service, the area includes an exclusive restaurant, concierge service and free Internet in the private lobby, air conditioned bar serving premium International beverages, exclusive pool with built-in Jacuzzis and bar service to the sun beds by the pool and at the beach, and much more. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRS Turquesa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Turquesa By Palladium Hotel Punta Cana
- Royal Hotel Punta Cana