TRS Turquesa Hotel
US$201
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$270/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$193
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$273/night.

US$293
US$188
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

US$242
US$252
US$205
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$305
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$226
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$229
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$392
US$286
  • Breakfast included
The MT Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$49
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

7,334 results
All reviewsroyal gourmetking kongswim up roomroom servicele chanterelleroyal suitepalladium complexroyal lobbybutler servicelas torresel bohionew sectiontravel clubroyal guestsromance suitelobstersports bar
Reviewed 13 February 2012

this trip was awsome. It was our honeymoon and every thing was perfect.We were at the newest part room 5536 the room was so beautiful clean nothing to say. The service was perfect, the food, the drink, the place wow! nothing negative to say. The 2 restaurants à la carte Le gourmet and Le Chanterelle are very good Châteaubriand and langouste miam miam! Champagna everyday the place is very quiet no animation, it,s very peaceful.what else to say that we enjoy every moment we had over there. we will go back for sure.
The beach is so beautiful , the sea is bleu-green and the sand is white. the weather was always 28 C every day.

Room Tip: choose the new section very nice
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank simocam
Reviewed 10 February 2012

A bit late with my review. I stayed at the Royal Turquesa in November 2011. This was a girls trip only and my first time to Punta Cana.
The resort is very beautiful and big, but I knew that going in. We were lucky enough to get a swim up suite. We really enjoyed having the swim-up but I think next time I would rather be closer to the beach in the older section. The beach there is just beautiful..pure white sand. I could walk on the beach all day. The food was pretty good except for the Mexican restaurant it was terrible, don't waste your time.
The drinks were very good through out the entire resort. The weather could have been better but that is no ones fault. It was always warm just a lot of rain on this trip. We found the staff to be very nice not overly friendly but not terrible either.
I do hope to return to the resort sometime in the future. While Punta Cana is very nice I think I still like Riviera Maya area better.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank beachlover65
Reviewed 10 February 2012

It would appear the majority of the negative comments are due to the Spanish speaking Dominicans not being totally fluent in American. Not many Canadians or Americans at this resort mostly Europeans. Food was very good at the Royal Suites resturants the swim up rooms are some of the nicest rooms anywhere in the world. Lobster was avialable to Royal suite guests at any of the other resturants and was very good and would be grilled anyway you asked for it. The resort is adults only and there were never any issues with children the beach is private with security guards. Nice touches were the personal pizzas and fruits brought to you on the beach. The only time I had to get a drink in two weeks there was when I wanted to get up and get one pool and beach service was the best I have seen. Service for us was mostly good however we do have limited knowledge of Spanish and that help quite a bit. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gcatta
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Went with 2 other couples - each of us had different rooms, us new section standard king room, the others in new section swim up - Very Nice! and the other couple in a king room in the old section by the pool. The new section is quiet and hotter during the day as it gets less wind off the ocean. The swim up room is a great upgrade - same as ours inside but a lovely deck off the back right into the pool.

So this place is hard to pin down rating wise... The rooms are modern and large, nice furniture, nice modern lobby and the grounds are gorgeous. The beach area is outstanding, especially compared to the other resorts within the palladium complex. Lots of palm trees and tiki umbrellas, loungers and beds - one of the best beaches I've seen at any resort. Usually I lay by the pool, but the beach was the place to be. As for the pool - it was on the cold side. Weather was good, mid 80's sunny everyday, and standing in the pool at the swim up bar was way too cold for me. The Palace pool next door was warmer, but dilapidated in spots.

The staff service was good and bad. Max who checked us in was fantastic and a few other servers were great other than that, rough! Huge language barrier. I called to use the pillow menu 3 times, I was hung up on, then transferred to the wrong person, then I think transferred again to the wrong person because when I tired to order a pillow the man replied " No, pizza, hamburger, fries." I think he thought I wanted room service?? This went on for quite a while. So we never took advantage of the pillows, but my friends said the down pillow was great!
The butlers are non existent. Very tough to make a reservation, as they make them for you. They are only at the desk for a couple hours in the morning to do this, yet ours was rarely seen. We called the extension as the note on the desk advised, only to be hung up on. Another time they spoke some quiet low gibberish and hung up. We called another time and the woman said they were having a "briefing" and to call back in 10 minutes, meanwhile we could hear them watching tv in their little room. We stood around in the boiling heat, called back no answer. We eventually abandoned all hope of using the building 53 service so we'd track down a building that had a butler. Make all your reservations the first morning, as they do fill up. The Mexican Restaurant was good, and the Royal Gourmet was pretty good too. Otherwise I wasn't very impressed with the food. Everything kind of tastes the same, they must put the same seasoning spice in everything?? Veggies were low quality, and surprisingly the fruit wasn't that great either. I lived on bread and meat essentially.
All six of us agreed it wasn't the best food compared to other resorts, with the exception of some good meals of course!
The Japanese show dinner is great too.

The spa is gorgeous - worth going to!

So it was an average experience, the look of the place and beach is 5 star but the service and food is not 5 star. Between the 3 of us there were inconsistencies, margarita pizza from room service was different every night, sometimes delicious, other times gross. Once it never arrived at all. Our breakfast from room service was utterly terrible, our friends had a decent one, so who knows!

I guess for the price of an all inclusive you can't expect the world, but compared to other all inclusive resorts this isn't the ultimate.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank greatdivide11
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I just returned from six days at this resort. Overall, I would give it a 3.5 of 5. There are some aspects which in our opinion prevent it from being the truly end resort it wants to be.
HIGHS-
The Property- the grounds are lovely, wonderfully landscaped and maintained and very clean. I hardly saw a loose paper floating about. It is a former cocounut plantation so there are tons of palm trees and greenery. The beach is truly beautiful; white sand, turquoise water and tons of huts with shade, as well as hammocks. The suite rooms are very spacious with nice terraces. Tons of pools with abundant chairs, beds, and huts.
The weather- Excellent. Low 80s in the day, but always a balmy breeze and warm at night in 70s.
Things to do: We did the swim with Dolphins at Dolphin Explorer and it was awesome. An unforgettable experience.
Spa- very nice. Had a great couples massage with jacquzzi.
LOWS-
Service- The service was average overall and at times poor. In general there is a lack of attention to detail and an unwillingness to put in any extra effort for guests. We heard a lot of we don't, we can't, or sorry no. For example, I was told at midnight that I couldn't order a bottle of water with my room service pizza and had a call a different number for beverages. When I did call that number it just rang and rang continuously. People would come to take our order at dinner and then look as if they'd forgotten something and leave without saying a word and reappear 5 min later. I saw a guest ask for coffee at a bar to be told there was none until later in the day, but then 5 min ltr noticed one of the staff pouring himself a cup! The bar nearest our room was out of rum cream-our favorite nightcap- for over two days and never oh we'll get it for you or it will be coming tomorrow. Just no don't have it. We were supposed to be able to customize our mini-bar but it took 3 phone calls & a personal visit to the butler to get two bottles of tonic water. Over the course of a few days these combined experiences proved frustrating.
Food- I will put out the disclaimer that I live in the NYC metro area in a very varied and competitive restaurant scene, and have a high standard for good food. Nonetheless, we found the food to be extremely average. Most dishes were either bland or over salted to the point of almost being inedible. It seemed that the same brick of mashed potatoes was on every plate. Best bets were breakfast at the Royal Gourmet or some of the items like the cheese and hams on the evening appetizer buffets.
So basically, if you are looking for a lovely spot, good weather, and have a high tolerance for food and service missteps, you'll be fine. However, for the money, I think there are better high end options on other islands. This is my third time to DR and food and service have been a pervasive disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2012