US$327
US$210
  • Free Breakfast
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$225
US$331
US$230
US$343
Barcelo.com
  • Free Breakfast
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$378
US$295
  • Free Breakfast
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$285
US$174
US$102
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$412
US$310
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
Del Mar by Joy Resorts(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
Cancelon
7,463 results
All reviewsking kongroyal gourmetswim up roomle chanterelleroyal suites guestspalladium complexroyal lobbyroom servicebutler servicecheese fonduelas torresel bohionew sectiontravel clubromance suitelobstersports bar
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My wife and I went here for our honeymoon and loved it. We had a great time walking everywhere throughout the four campuses, and enjoyed all the dinners we had. The breakfasts and lunches left something to be desired, and there were times when we just wished we could get a good salad or deli sandwich rather than lasagna or pizza on the beach. Overall, the food was never horrible and sometimes fantastic (dinners were amazing and the fresh juices made the breakfast). We would gladly stay here again, but would also be interested in other resorts in Punta Cana, as the service sometimes left us wishing we made a better effort to overtly tip staff immediately. We were often times ignored because our Spanish and French is less-than serviceable, but we didn't expect them to cater to our lack of culture. We did, however, wish they'd treat us more like people who just spent $4,000 with them. The room and resort was well worth the rate, however, as it was exceptionally clean and manicured. I would recommend this place to anyone, but would suggest being better versed in at least one foreign language, preferably Spanish or French.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ArkansasExPat
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I went with my family. It was a girls trip. If you don't know Spanish expect to have difficulty communicating with everyone. My niece knew a little Spanish but not enough to carry on a conversation with staff and guests. The room was average, the food was average. Our favorite restaurant was the steak house. They had great customer service and the food was good. This is not a five star resort by any means. And although the RST offers adults only, to go to the restaurants or activities you must go over to the Bavara or Palace which is family oriented. If you have kids and speak Spanish then you are set! We have been to Jamaica twice and I can't say I'll go back to a Palladium resort again.

Room Tip: The swim up rooms looked nice. We stayed in the block of 55 and the rooms were average. The maids did a great job keeping it clean and decorating it with flowers.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Deseree E
Reviewed 30 June 2012

After visiting Palladium in Mexico, we did not think long before choosing a resort for our honeymoon in Dominican. And that was a big mistake, as it came out an average holiday, though in Royal Suites.The hotel itself is OK, but not great and definitely not 5 stars.

We tried to ask for any upgrades on arrival, but no one even offered us anything, as there was only a butler on the reception meeting us, who seemed like did not quite know how to check-in people.
As we arrived late, due to plane delay, we just dropped luggage and went out to get some food, as restaurants were already closing. On the way back to the room we could not get in, as the door lock was blocked. We had to sit 2 hours outside (though it was 23.00 the temperature outside was still +30C) while 4 different people from stuff were trying to open the door. Eventually after couple more days and few times of the same issue, the door lock was fixed.

The food is good, but not too many varieties. From one side it is good, as you won't put too much weight on, but on the other side - after one week you get bored of having almost same things every day.

The main issue with a stuff, is that it is hard to find a person who would speak English. Due to big amount of Spanish and Dominican people visiting resort, looks like they don't even bother to learn some English. The ones who speak English perfectly are from the Palladium Club. But stay away from these people, as they will take almost whole of your day trying to sell Travel Club Membership.

Entertainment was a bit boring. Most of the times it was just dances in the evening, and you could see people leaving their sits after 10-15 minutes. Once again comparing to Punta Cana, Mexican POP team was much more fun!!!!!

If you like activities - prepare to spend a lot of money. In all the hotels we have been before there was always an offer of pedalos, catamarans, snorkels for FREE. The only free thing in this hotel is canoe or catamaran and wind serfing only if you know how to "drive" it, otherwise it would cost you 100$.

Also there is a big problem with a music in the resort and the restaurants - or it does not play, or it stops after an hour or so.

Overall I would say it is a good hotel when you come with a kids and family, or if you are the first time in Dominican. But I would not recommend it for the couples, honeymooners and definitely not for the getting married.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are good, as there are less insects in the room, though the ground floor rooms have swim-up, what is quite nice.
1  Thank Afalina
Reviewed 27 June 2012

RST June 15-June 22
Arrival:
It was so nice to get back to The Royal Suites Turquesa. This was our second trip to this resort. It was very nice to see so many familiar faces that recognized us as well. Check in was very fast and we were on our way to our room without any delays.
Staff:
It was so nice to see so many familiar faces from our previous trip in 2011. Many recognized us as well and we were welcomed with warm smiles and hugs. Everyone is so happy and pleasant and take much pride in their work! Melky was awesome even though she was not our assigned Butler she was helpful with confirming reservations and such, we just love her!
Grounds:
The grounds are immaculate! The grounds keepers are always busy making sure everything is tidy and looking great! Each morning I could see them raking what little sea weed there was off the beach. They were always busy trimming, and cutting and washing things down. In the evening they would line up all the beach chairs in an orderly fashion to get ready for the next round of sunbathers. It’s just a breath taking resort!
Food:
We still weren't able to visit ALL the resturants this time either.. so I guess we'll just have to go again.. hehee.
Our favorite was the Japanese. We missed out on it last visit so made sure we ate there this time. My husband is a VERY picky eater and while he was looking at the menu he kept saying to me.. I wont eat this I wont eat this.. I go just try it and pick out what you don't want. He LOVED it! I was so happy that he actually tried something new! We sat at the Tapenyaki (Hibatchi) and had a great show and will make sure we eat there again on our next visit. We ate at the Brazillian Rest. twice. Last year we did not care for it very much, not that the food was bad but service was so slow. This year we met another couple and ate there and liked it so much we went there the next night. Mare Nostrums was good as usual. I had the Rizotto which was good and my husband ordered the Lobster which he loved! We ate at Le Chenterelle's one evening and the Chatua Briand was fabulous!! Royal Gourmet was great for breakfast as usual. We did try the new Steak House and were not very happy. The food was ok but for a 3 hour event I would have thought it should have been better! They were very busy and even with a reservation it took 3 hours to get out of there. The service was VERY slow! We ate lunch once at the Palace buffet and I took one bite of my hamburger only to find it raw. I couldn't even eat anything else on my plate so we left and went over to the Royal Gourment and ate there. Most lunches we just grabbed the little pizzas they had at the bars or a sandwhich OR the snack bar.. yummy! The onion rings are the best and the nachos are hot!
Excursions:
We went on the Marinarium excursion again this year. It was great fun and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a half day excursion to snorkle, eat and drink and just have fun.
Shows:
We missed the Michael Jackson show this year but went to the Divas show instead. Unless you have nothing else to do... I would skip it.. Of course that's my opinion, but did not really enjoy it. Thought it was quite cheesy and we left half way through. I know they work hard on their routines but I just couldn't get into it.
Clinic:
Hubby acquired a nasty case of swimmers ear on Tuesday. We stopped by the clinic and just asked the Dr. about the ear drops they had at the little store. She said we could try them but couldn't really say for sure if they'd work unless she examined my husband. He didn't want to pay the $98 consultation fee so just went and got the drops. By Thursday morning I was begging him to go back to the Dr's so that's what we did first thing in the morning. Because he waited so long (men are so stubborn!) She couldn't treat him with pills and had to give him IV treatment.. $310 later he was feeling better and cleared to fly home the following morning. It did put a damper on the last 3 days though because he really couldn't get in the water like he wanted too and had to watch from the boat while I snorkeled.. Oh well you live and you learn! BRING earplugs and MEDS with you!! :) The Dr. and I really had my husband going telling him he couldn't have alcohol or anything.. LOL.. he was not happy (we were joking) She was very nice and helpful and even gave hugs when we left.
On a follow up note, my husband went to our local Dr. today because his ear was still bothering him and it seems he’s ruptured his ear drum.  Make sure you bring ear plugs!

All in all we had a great time (minus the ear infection). The beach was beautiful and clean as well as all the pools and grounds! The staff is amazing and even if they don't know English they try their hardest to help you. Everyone thinks my husband is Dominican and are shocked to find out he is not and I joke and tell them, he can't even say 'NO' in spanish.. LOL We love The Palladium and have already made a visit to our travel agent about next years trip!
Here is a link to my photos on photo bucket.

8  Thank TeriMD
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband & I stayed at Royal Suites Deluxe Swim up Room for 9 days at the beginning of June. I did a lot of research and finally decided on this place... it was the best price for what we were looking for. There were many mixed reviews. We've stayed at several all-inclusives in Mexico and Punta Cana and this place was at the top of our list, we would definitely return.

There are 4 resorts in the Grand Palladium Complex, as a guest of Royal suites you have access to ALL 4 resorts. But the other 3 resorts guests cannot come to your Royal Suites area---score!

Royal Suites...
If you are an adult and you don't want kids doing cannonballs in the pool around you... this is the place to stay!! Adults ONLY!! There were many perks to staying in this hotel....

1. Golf Carts---the Palladium Complex is really big, might take about 15-20 minutes to walk from one end to the other. As a guest of Royal Suites you could go to the lobby and ask them to shuttle you in a golf cart to wherever you wanted to go. Then when you were finished you could ask someone to phone RST and someone would come pick you up. We didn't figure out the return trip phone call thing until a couple days in. They also have touristy trains that flow through all 4 resorts, you can sit at a stop and wait to jump on, but it just takes longer then the private golf cart.

2. Butler-- Each building has it's own Butler that sits at a desk on the ground floor of your building all day until 11pm at night to help you with whatever you need. Dinner Reservations, excursions, mini bar requests, etc... We used them several times and found them pretty helpful. When we arrived & went to Butler for the first time, there was a form for us to fill out--- Pillow Menu(ordering whatever suits your fancy), Mini bar requests, aromatherapy for room (which costs extra), etc... I recommend filling this out upon your arrival.

3. Mini-Bar--- Stocked daily. We filled out a request to have only water, beer and diet coke. We also wrote a note and put it in the fridge with a couple bucks, we asked the butler several times to follow up, but they always stocked it with the variety of drinks that was standard. This was about the only gripe I had all week. They just didn't get it right. But... we could order from room service and get the drinks we wanted if we ran out. No big deal. Standard stocked: Sprite, Diet Coke, Coke, Beer, Peanuts, Water.
The bar area in your room also had several bottles of alcohol that you could drink from-you just couldn't take anything home with you or you would be charged. There was also a wine bar, but you had to pay extra if you wanted to drink that.

4. The ROOM... Our room was awesome! We had the swim up Royal Deluxe Jr. Suite. Decor was very modern and updated. Jacuzzi tub in the room (that we never used :(, 2 sinks in vanity, and stand up shower. Everything was kind of in one room-not a lot of separation. There was a toilet that had a door on it, but the tops and bottoms of door were open air... I thought if I was there with a "date" I would be self conscious about that. There was also a sitting area with couch, coffee table. Beds were VERY comfortable. A/C was great, ceiling fan was awesome too.

We stayed at the building closest to the lobby... we actually had Wi-Fi in our room most of the time which was pretty awesome.

5. SWIM UP ROOM-- LOVED THIS, we said now that we have experienced this we would never go back to staying in a regular room again. It was AWESOME! Just walk out your patio and into the pool. I was a little taken back by how close the other patios were to us, but in the entire 9 days we stayed there... there was only ONE time that someone else was out on their patio at the same time I was... and I layed out there ALL day until the shade rolled in. I was kind of shocked, I don't know if it was a slow time for the hotel or people were at the beach? Very peaceful.
There was a waitress that would come around the pool and take drink orders, and once a day would bring fruit over and also these mini pizzas, as a mid-day snack. Most days the service was great. There was one day when I had to hunt down my waitress.
We also brought with us a few pool rafts, we figured it would be cheaper to buy at Wal-mart before we left... so glad that we did that!!
The Swim up Suites are on the sides of the building, half the rooms get morning sun, the other half get afternoon sun. You can ask when you check in which you prefer.

We decided on Morning sun at our pool... we would wake up and sit out there until about 1-2pm when the shade would roll in, go grab some lunch and then head to the beach. By this time a lot of the beach chairs were freeing up... we NEVER had a problem finding a beach chair. I will say people clearly leave their towels on chairs and then never show up... this is the everlasting resort problem, isn't it? It is what it is people. Not sure how they can regulate that.

6. BEACH... Beautiful. Great sand, water was awesome temperature.... a little bit of sea weed, not too bad. My husband brought goggles and actually snorkeled a little right off our beach. He also went to the "dive center" and got a kayak to use for a few hours & loved it.

The Royal Suites Turquesa is literally at the end of the Palladium Resort Complex, right next to the resort (on the beach) was a market type place and a tourist boating area. There were many stalls with locals trying to sell their goods (and haggle with you to come into THEIR shop), it was pretty annoying if you were just trying to enjoy a nice walk on the beach. But it's very convenient to pick up some souvenirs and also if you are interested in any parasailing, banana boat, speed boat, etc... (all at an extra charge of course). It kind of broke up the view and the vastness of the sea to look at all the boats next to the resort... but it really wasn't an issue at all.

7. FOOD:
The FOOD was FANTASTIC!! We were pretty shocked by how consistently good the food was in every place we ate.
Here's how it works... The RST has 2 restaurants on it's grounds (La Chantarelle, and Royal Gourmet) You do NOT have to make reservations at either of these resorts if you want to eat there. You can walk up and go right in. Each of those restaurants has a mini buffet/salad bar type place and a menu that you order off of. Very nice food, great flavor, decent variety. Royal Gourmet had an awesome Filet that I ate a couple times. The Crepe Bar in the morning is the best!! I didn't even know I liked crepes :)

The other restaurants at the other 3 Palladium resorts were also available to you... there were a couple buffets and many ala carte themed restaurants. You could make a reservation with your butler for any of these ala carte restaurants the morning of. Your butler would give you a ticket that you would bring to the hostess at that restaurant... they would literally walk you straight into a table. I believe the other people that stay at the 3 resorts have to show up and wait in line at any of the ala carts---they had those lighted beeper things and lines--nothing too bad. But it was another perk of staying at RST... no waiting in line at restaurants.

We ate at the Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse Mare Nostrum, Mexican restaurant (our favorite), Japanese Steakhouse/Chop Chop, Chinese, Royal Gourmet, 2 of the buffets.
The Chinese restaurant was the worst... but what do you expect, you are in Punta Cana ;)
Everything else was AWESOME!! Great quality of beef and sea food. It was nice that each restaurant had a little salad bar/mini buffet too each night.

You should always check the hours of your preferred restaurants, they aren't open all day and night, and some even close one day a week.

We also did the "beach party" one night... I had read about it and heard good things. I honestly would skip it the next time. It was fine, cool eating near the water, but the lines were brutal long for the beach buffet, and drink service was slow because they sat everyone at the same time... like an 8pm and 10:00pm seating.

8. SERVICE...
Service was very good. No complaints. Other then the mini-bar not being what we wanted, things went well. You have to slow down and relax when you are there. You are on vacation after all.... what is the hurry? :) It is a different mentality of being on the island.... slower paced. So embrace it, don't fight it. We were very well taken care of.

9. AIRPORT...
Don't forget you need $10 cash for each person to get in the country. Airport was a little hectic and very hot. Make sure you have a transportation plan when you arrive, you get off the plane Fantasy Island style and walk down the steps... then pick up your bags and the chaos begins. People will try to lead you to their vehicles and grab your bags to help you carry them, just politely say "No thank you".
I hope this helps you in your decision. I would love to return again.. it really was an excellent vacation.

Room Tip: Swim up Suite, closest to the lobby--you can get spotty wi-fi
24  Thank Catchtape