It was my third time visiting Carribeans and I had mixed feelings before visiting this hotel, after reading the reviews, but I've decided to give it a try. It proved to be quite good, with some flaws.
+ We stayed in the villa nr. 54 and decided that the upper floor will be more private that the swim-up suite. The room was spacious, cleaned twice a day and the fridge was always full. We have asked the bulter few times to give us more soft drinks and it was sent right away. I found the idea of the room delivery through a hidden door very nice, as it gives you some privacy, however the delivered food could be better and the time of delivery (between 40 to 50 minutes) shorter.
- The villa was placed pretty close to the street, which was not a problem during the day. However there was a very loud disco going on during weekends until 4 AM. Unfortunately we had to realise that the first day we have arrived, after 12 hours flight, jet-lagged and desperately trying to fall asleep! If you are not a party person like me, prepare your ear plugs or stay away from the villa 54 during weekends (at least in august)!
+ There were renovations going on around the hotel, but it was not loud nor disturbing.
+ For me it is the strongest feature of the hotel. The beach bar was closed under renovation, however drinks and snacks were delivered frequently by the staff to your sunbed. People selling stuff at the beach were not intrusive. The beach was kept clean and there was plenty of shade to hide from the burning sun.
As TRS guest you have access to all the restaurants and bars around the Palladium resort, but at the end, in my opinion, the best ones are those reserved for the TRS guests - the Royal Gourmet and the Chanterelle.
For lunch, the Royal Gourmet has a quite limited selection of food at the buffet, but thanks to the a la carte menu, which is changing daily, you can have a lot of variety everyday.
From the a la carte restaurants we have tried the Japanese (sushi not recommended!), Brazilian (good if you eat a lot!) and the Mexican restaurant, which were good, but not amazing. I've found the a la carte food at the Mexican restaurant worse that the food at their buffet menu. It was a bit cold, however my husband really liked the food there, so it depends on a person.
The teppanyaki was entertaining. Good thing is that as a royal guest you can book the restaurants with your butler instead of waiting in a long queue, so it is good to do this the first day you arrive. And don't go to Les Torres - the food was horrible!
+ Amazingly friendly and helpfull. You feel like they are your friends the moment you get there. It is good to know some Spanish, as a part of the staff does not speak English!. You tip them because you like their service, not because you have to pay them, to get a better one.
The level of service at the buffet restaurant varies depending on the time when you get the. It is better to go there right after they open, when the place is less busy and the staff seem to be more efficient than when the buffet is full.
The swimming pools:
The adults only swimming pool is very relaxing during the day with good drinks and few people around. However, it transforms into a noisy party pool at night, as it is open untill midnight and "party people" gather there to have fun.The swim-up pools placed further from the beach are more relaxing, with easy access to the bar and few people around - good if you want to relax.
As a TRS guest, you have free access to the water area of the SPA. It is good to give it a try if you want to relax. And the have good selection of fresh fruit and vegetables cocktails.The gym is very well equipped compared to the other Dominican hotels I have been to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Turquesa is an exclusive VIP area of 372 luxurious rooms located within the Grand Palladium Resort in Punta Cana. Featuring private facilities and personalised service, the area includes an exclusive restaurant, concierge service and free Internet in the private lobby, air conditioned bar serving premium International beverages, exclusive pool with built-in Jacuzzis and bar service to the sun beds by the pool and at the beach, and much more. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRS Turquesa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Turquesa By Palladium Hotel Punta Cana
- Royal Hotel Punta Cana