5,209 results
All reviews blue marlin love bar casa bella juanillo beach ocean bar monarch villa taco truck wok restaurant castle pool castle suite royalty villa main pool room service baby face punta espada our honeymoon ocean view
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We just came back after a week's stay - the resort is beautiful - we stayed in the monarch villa -the villa was literally right on the ocean - spectacular view - the staff at this resort was by far the best - friendliest staff that I have ever experienced. It is not often that you see guests hugging staff before they leave a resort. Food was good - buffets were excellent for breakfast and lunch (and we typically do not like buffets). Favorite restaurant was Fusion (which is just a fun experience) and the Wok -hibachi
I would highly recommend

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debra H
SanctuaryByPlaya, Gerente at Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Debra H,

Taiguey!

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your stay with us at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

We look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Very nice uncrowded pools. Bar staff was great. Food could be better. Room service took over 2 hours to come. The chicken and fish at the beach grill was my favorite. Loved the ambiance at night time. The foam party was a lot of fun for everyone.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank shelbyc265

Dear shelbyc265,

Taiguey!

We appreciate you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your visit.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hopes in not too distant future.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 December 2017

It's all about the Staff...We went for a friends Birthday party and this was our second time at this resort. We had over 100 people and I didn't hear one single complaint. One person said, "I've stayed at a better hotel, but the staff here is awesome so I'm coming back here, next time". We will be making this a 3-peat for the party. Next year we are doing it again! Great job Sanctuary....Now, let me give a thank you to some people.
Paola - didn't have to interact with you personally but I know that you got any problem that anyone was having fixed.
La Capa Yasmin - the breakfast and dinner were awesome. Your staff Valentina, Brilis and Yaris showed us their usual excellence.
Cesarin - The bell boy staff was awesome. Thanks to you, Javier and Francisco for the service and the laughs.
The staff in Carpaccio, thanks. We had a Vegan friend and they went out of the way to make his meal for him. Greatly appreciated!
To the most beautiful and helpful concierges....Nicole, Jasmin, and Carmen....your work was always excellent and appreciated.
Special thanks to the Pool Bar, Carlos, you kept us laughing and drinking. Welcome aboard Rubi we loved you....Kevin Hart, keep doing what you do.
New York, thanks for the love in the gym and the pool.

Facilities, love the rainfall shower and digital controls in my room in the castle....Can I have that in my room next year? Pretty please!

If I missed anyone, you are certainly in my heart. We will see you all again next December.

Room Tip: Castle is awesome
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kennyon S
Kawana P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Kennyon S,
Taiguey!!

First and foremost allow me to thank you very much for choosing Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts as host to your holidays.

It is an honor to read such kind review that highlights important aspect of our Resort and we are happy!! to know that by being very attentive towards your needs providing you and excellent service we achieved making your stay as perfect and memorable as it could have possibly been.

Please know that the staff members you have mentioned will surely receive the kind words you expressed about how the excellent service they provided to you did exceed your expectations, allow me to let you know that they will be recognized for making your stay a truly Sanctuary experience.

I hope to welcome you once again in another paradisiacal getaway,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

The resort is immaculate. The staff is super friendly, the facility is very clean and the beach is amazing. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 circle (5 star) rating is because the food service could use some improvement. The food is extremely tasty but the availability needs to be enhanced. You do have the option of using room service, but the food choices through room service are limited and room service was pretty slow.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lorne P

Dear Lorne P,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for choosing Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts as host to your previous holidays.

I feel pleased to know how much you enjoyed our Resort and room facilities, as well as how we manage to exceed your expectations by providing you an outstanding service and by being very attentive and accomplish your every needs.

In the meantime, we value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and have noted your comments about food with the concerned department in order to ensure we maintain our usual high standards.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future in another Sanctuary experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

If your are looking for a place to cut loose and party until 3 am, this is not the place for your. If you want a quiet, relaxing, comfortable resort with excellent food and outstanding service then this is your place. The grounds were beautifully manicured and extremely well kept. Every bathroom I walked into was spotless and I did not once pass a staff member without being greeted with a smile. We stayed in one of the Junior Suites. It was very large and comfortable. The food was excellent with a good variety. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and were greeted in our room on arrival with a "Happy Anniversary" banner on the door, a bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. It made our celebration extra special. We were so impressed with this resort that we booked another trip for next year before we left....

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank prowicki

Dear prowicki,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for choosing our Resort as host to your holidays.

On behalf of the staff at our Resort it is my pleasure to let you know how satisfied we are when receiving this kind words about how much you enjoyed your holidays and how we exceed your expectations by providing you the service you expect and deserve during your stay.

Thanks for the compliments to the hotel grounds and facilities, we are glad to see that you really enjoyed staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and create a memorable Sanctuary experience.

Best Regards,