I was very happy with the fact that all my requests I had sent via e-mail were met. When we arrived at the airport it was very fast getting our luggage, got on our waiting bus and there was a hotel worker with everything in an envelope for each guest. They had our room our bracelet in white for repeat guests and all my dinner reservations that I had done on line before we went. I was very pleased because they had made sure we got everything we asked for.
When we arrived at the resort they had a welcome drink waiting for us right outside the bus and trolleys waiting to take us to our rooms. There was no waiting around and no wasting our time.When we arrived in our room they had our welcome gift a bottle of rum and two t-shirts along with beautiful towel art and a fruit basket. Our beach towels were also in our room along with two bath robes and slippers, very nice!
The resort is huge and the beach is very crowded, not the best. If you wanted a spot by the pool you would have to reserve your chairs by 8:00 am and no later than 8:30 because they would all be gone! I noticed that on more than one occasion that some ignorant people would reserve several chairs by the pool and not use them all day long because they also had chairs on the beach shame on you people who do that!
We had amazing service at all the restaurants and most of the bars. I say this because on one night we ordered an after dinner drink called Porto and we were told that they had run out, I couldn't believe this as it was very early in the evening and there was no way that they should be out, so we left and went to another lobby bar and requested the same drink and we were served. So they did not run out of this drink in the resort as we were told by the person in charge of the other lobby bar, they were just too lazy or didn't care enough to make sure such a popular drink was available, not impressed!
Entertainment was good but much better in the past years that I've been there. The Michael Jackson show that I just love because they have had amazing performers in the past, was very disappointing. Unfortunately the Michael Jackson imitator was so poor, they need to bring back that original staff.
Would I go back, only if the price was amazing otherwise I'd like to see some other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe