“My Punta Cana Wedding”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I visited this resort with my entire family. We were a group of 66 and the purpose was for my wedding.. We enjoyed every aspect of this resort. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was attentive, helpful and friendly. Every employee of the resort went out of their way to make sure our entire vacation was an incredible experience. I had my wedding at the resort and I could not have asked for anything more. Everything was beautiful and everyone had a great time. I would not hesitate to return and definetly will. The food and alcohol was amazing and the service was beyond anything we could have expected.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Dear Meli,

First of all thank you for choosing to come to Paradisus Punta Cana on such a special occasion, we wish you the best on your new life. It is a great pleasure to learn that your experience has met your complete satisfaction for providing our guest the best quality service possible is our number one goal.
Thank you for complimenting our rooms, personnel, food and beverages, I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the corresponding departments in order to show them that their hard work and efforts to meet our guests complete comfort has been accomplished and therefore keep them motivated and committed to keeping up the good work.
We await you at your “home away from home” in the Caribbean Paradisus Punta Cana.

My best regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2011

As a frequently traveler and vacationer I have seen it all, From Great experiences to not so good experiences but for the most part you can laugh most of the issues away or tip your way to great service. I found this to be true in my extensive 25 years of international travel. The Rooms and Resort at the Paridisus Reserve were beautiful, totally top notch. However the experience falls very short from there. I was shocked by the absolutely horrible service, worst food (inedible) and generally negative attitudes of many ( not all) of the service people at the Punta Cana Reserve. Despite tipping very well. I told my wife and kids not to worry about getting food poison as not even bacteria could live in that food! Plus sadly, the numerous low class individuals from the NJ/NY area and else where that were there that week. It made me sick to my stomach as a fellow New Jerseyan to see these people be so disrepectful to other guests and the staff and using the F word in most of their sentences even with children present. No wonder why so many think so poorly of the east coast! We also had quite a bit of rain which is unfortunate for the beach or pool but thats the breaks however I did not expect to have 6 inches of water and raw sewage flooding the paths and walk ways for days making it difficult to navigate by foot and OH what a smell. Its clear from talking with people at the resort that it is difficult for handicap or disabled people given the number of steps and lack of ramps etc. The transporation on the resort is also unpredictable and spotty. Lastly, I had a number of conversations with people working at the resort, It was clear that people in the DR are very unhappy with the political state and affairs of the country and the reality of the growing numbers of "have nots" versus the political elites. I sense that these difficulties could be driving the apathy and attitudes observed.Overall, If your looking for a vacation, GO ELSEWHERE !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Stan L
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Stan,

First of all thank you for extending to us your observations and compliments on our rooms and compound, it is a great pleasure to get direct feed back from our guests in order to help us maintain and work on our service quality.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused, I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the departments involved in order to find and apply ways of improvement.
I am concerned about you saying that you’ve gotten an unpleasant attitude on behalf of the staff, for being polite and available with our guests is one of our main priorities.
As regards the sewage and floods it is inevitable to prevent due to the rainy weather and most importantly because most compounds in the Bavaro area are built upon mangrove, yet we’ve contacted our engineers in order to find and develop ways to prevent future floods.
On the subject of the food I assure you that our hotel is not only equipped with the best quality tools and machinery but with well prepared and experienced chefs in order to provide the best service quality possible.
Concerning the ramps, I must point out that next to every set of stairs there is a ramp and we also have bathroom areas to fill the needs of a disabled person.

Once again thank you for your observations and compliments on our rooms and compound; I extend you my apologies for any discomfort caused. If you wish to contact me on a private matter you may reach me at calidad@paradisuspc.com .

Reviewed 12 November 2011

My wife and I loved staying at this resort and are anxious to return. The master suite was clean, spacious and comfortable. The resort itself has many pools and beautiful beachfront to enjoy. There are so many restaurants and bars on the property that you can eat somewhere different every night. Our next trip here will be with our kids.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Reserve part of the resort. We enjoyed the room very much and were told that the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken V

Dear Ken,

First of all thank you for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana. I am more than pleased to learn that your experience with us has been of your complete satisfaction that assures me that the hard work and efforts to providing our guests with the best quality service has been accomplished. Thank you for your compliments on our master suite, pools and beachfront.
Once again thank you, I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the corresponding departments in order to keep up the good work.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

We had an excellent experience and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana. I am pleased to learn that your experience has been of your complete satisfaction.
We await you soon at your “home away from home” in the Caribbean Paradisus Punta Cana.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I had my first trip to Dominican Republic in June. I stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana.
The scenery was lovely. The rooms, clean and bright and the food remarkably good. I especially looked forward to the breakfast buffet. Breakfast is always my favourite.meal and here was no exception. I was always very satisfied.
Staff were always friendly and helpful. The shows in the evening were eenjoyed by all. This was a most enjoyabe, relaxing holiday and I hope to return again next year!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ROCKLAND345

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana. I am more than pleased to learn that your experience with us has been of your complete satisfaction and that our personnel were able to enable that for you.
Once again thank you for complementing our rooms, shows and personnel; I assure you that your comment has been extended to the corresponding departments in order to keep them motivated and committed to providing our guests with the best quality service that they well deserve.

Kindest regards,