Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$412
US$322
Bookit.com
US$395
US$288
US$174
US$102
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$327
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Del Mar by Joy Resorts(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$116
Travelocity
US$331
US$241
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$378
US$279
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$318/night.

The MT Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$43
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$276
  • Breakfast included
Club Med Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$560
clubmed.us
14,631 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolegabi beachjensy rijojuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spamain poolswim up barkids zonepersonal butlerdominican republictime sharedestination wedding
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was our first time at this resort, and as we booked it on an RCI exchange we opted to go without the all-inclusive package, hoping to eat at restaurants off the resort and also buy food locally to cook in our room [there is a small kitchenette]. This turned out to be impossible as the drinks were $10 each at the bar, and it was very difficult to eat outside the resort [we had one meal at the Hard Rock Cafe but it was quite an ordeal to get there]. So we ended up purchasing the A-I package [$90pp/day], and having typical A-I food [bland and monotonous] and drinks [watered-down alcohol, undrinkable wine, beer that was never cold enough] for the rest of the week. The exception was Vento, a restaurant available to Reserve guests. They had great food [try the Oso Buco] and good wine for purchase. Otherwise the resort was great - beautiful pools and grounds, a nicely equipped gym, excellent service, a good beach [a little too wavy for us?], decent entertainment each night, and nice rooms. All in all we had a good time and would probably return to the Paradisus Punta Cana if we ever go back to the DR.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank farcloser
Reviewed 3 February 2012

THIS IS NOT A 5 STAR!!!
This resort was a 3 star at most, I'm being generous.
We stayed in the junior suit with gardenview & royal service for a week.
I am an avid traveller who is not a resort snob with ridiculously high expectations. I have stayed in
Villas, hostels, hotels and renting condo's. I have also had the experience of working in the service industry for over 15 years, so I know when the job is done right and when it has not been.
The room was the worst part so let me start there. I don't know if it was pure laziness on the cleaning lady's part, or that the resort didnt have up-to-par standards, but the room was anything but clean. The first thing I noticed was the missing bathroom door! It was missing and shards of glass remained in the ceiling. We asked for this to be replaced everyday for our 7 days and our request was taken down, passed on, and obviously ignored because we never got that replaced during our stay. Then I noticed all the sand & debris in the carpets, they looked as if they had never been vacuumed.. I later found out they never had been because the resort does not have vacuum cleaners. This is the point I really started to look around.. Nothing was clean, the counter tops were covered in dust, dirt, dried food & drink. The mirrors were streaked as if someone had wiped them with a dirty rag, and the glass divider in the room was COVERED in splatters of, well I'm not sure what. The bathroom was decent, but stray hairs and fluff balls were around the sink & toilet & floors. The drawers in the bathroom smelled like a dirty wet dog & were covered in hair. We opted to keep our clothes in our suitcases which is a pain for a week. The phone also smelled like wet dog. It was honestly as if the cleaner used dirty raggs & mop to wipe some things down. I was honestly so disgusted I called to royal service right away. They did send someone immediately to clean the place but they did an equally lazy & quick wipe over - not an actual cleaning of the room. The cleaning lady also made sure I knew how unhappy she was that I complained, as she kept throwing me dirty looks while she was in the room. EVERY DAY that we were here, I had to call royal service and ask that they send someone to put fresh sheets on the bed; the cleaning lady merely made the beds up without using fresh sheets.. I was under the impression fresh sheets were part of the luxury of staying in a 5 star, in this case I was wrong. By the end of the stay my pillows stunk of mildew from being so old, I took the pillow cases off myself to see and they indeed had green coloured spots in them, as well as stains all over them.

If you don't speak Spanish, you will have a hard time communicating with the employees of this resort as most of them (80%) speak very little English. This was extremely frustrating as they would constantly be saying "what" "huh", it was rude, unprofessional and totally made me feel like I didn't belong there.

The most frightening of all the let downs was that the locks on the sliding doors to our "garden view" (which was a back area the cleaning lady's would constantly walk through) were broken. We asked on the first day that they be fixed so we could lock our room, the guy came to fix it, but he never ACTUALLY fixed it. So the entire week we stayed in this room in was unlocked to the outside. Every night I tried to sleep that was on my mind and it didn't make for a relaxing trip.

As for the resort itself, the beach was beautiful, clean, roomy, great chairs & good beach service with the royal service package. The main lobby was clean, open air and lush with tropical gardens & large ponds, very nice. Getting around on the carts was fun at first, but waiting for one every time you wanted to go somewhere wore out the novelty quickly. The nightly entertainment was as good as it gets in a resort.

The service: the employees of the royal service were very friendly, courteous and tried their best to make us happy at all times. They adressed our concerns immediately, and although they didn't fix everything, they did try. The employees of the rest of the resort however, need an attitude adjustment. Many were short with us, not hiding their contempt for serving us even though we tipped generously. Some were super nice though, I give credit where it's due; but in general, I'd say they needed more training on how to treat a guest.

The food: average, nothing special, nothing too awful. Too much seafood, almost every dish had some sort of seafood sauce that limited the variety. I usually enjoy seafood, but this seafood (I tried a few dishes) had that "fishy" taste to it, very unappetizing. Fuego, the steakhouse, the reserves buffet as well as the royal service buffet were my favorite places.

Overall: the room soured our stay as it was disappointing on so many levels. This resort is in desperate need of new management and better training for cleaning & service employees. The management should know what a 5 star vacationer would expect, and they should constantly strive to achieve and maintain those standards.
I would NOT recommend this resort until they do this. I will never be returning to this resort, I may never return to Punta Cana if this resort is any indication of the standards here.

• Stayed: January 2012
6  Thank Novi-Li
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Before hands I want to apologies for the incommodities you had during your vacations in Paradisus Punta Cana. Let me tell you that we are grateful for your compliments on our beach, staff, lobby, gardens and other amenities. For us it is of a great value to receive our guest’s compliments and observations for it helps us maintain and improve the quality service that we provide on current and future stays.
I am concern to learn that you did not like our rooms and that you found our housekeeping service poor. I can assure you that the housekeeping department follows our higher standards proper to our five stars resorts to make sure we met the guest expectation and satisfaction. Also, please know that we have recently renovated rooms and if you weren’t pleased with the room assigned you could’ve approached your corresponding reception and requested a change and believe me if the hotel have available rooms we would be more than please to made the changes needed in order to make the quality of your stay as good as you well deserve.
On the other hand, it is unfortunate that you did not like our food; I reassure you that we are equipped with well prepared personnel in order to provide our guests the best quality, variety and service possible. Also, know that Paradisus Punta Cana is going to open a new restaurant and it will count with the participation a renowned chef from Spain.
I can assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the departments involved in order to find and apply ways of improvement.
Once again thank you for your observations and compliments on our rooms and compound; I extend you my apologies for any discomfort caused. If you wish to contact me on a private matter you may reach me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com

Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Check-in and out are long and we also had to basically argue with the front desk for wi-fi that should've been included in our rate. Drinks and food are ok - some spots were closed some nights, activities were also canceled most of the days we were there due to "conditions" but overall a good experience.

Room Tip: beach & pool view may be worth the extra charge
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MoonPete
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This was the third time my husband and I travelled to Punta Cana and the third hotel we stayed at. Again the experience was amazing, the hotel was beautiful and took pride in it's ECO friendly theme. We decided to do the Sunquest Roulette and let me tell you what a surprize. We thought we would be ending up at the Gran Bahia Principe again, but at the last moment we were informed that they we overbooked and we were being sent to the Paradius Punta Cana instead. The hotel was filled with many Canadians and as the Bus Tour guy took us it felt like "PUNTA CANADA"....we met some awesome people.
The hotel grounds were immaculate and the rooms were beautiful. the of the best things that I LOVED about this resort was the Reclining Bed and flat beds that were availble for sun tanning on the beach that were available to everyone not just the upgraded sections. There were plenty of beach chairs as well.
Here a few tips:
-When checking in tell them that you have been at other Paradius' and you would like an upgrade if possible.
-Ask to stay near the middle of the resort, we stayed in Building 10 and we were close to the beach and the pool and even the restaurants...The reserve section is the farthest away from beach. But with the trains every 5-7 mins it's not that big of an issue.
-The Chinese restaurant food was terrible, but El Romantico was the best food we ate. Order the grilled shrimp for appetizer and beef fillet for main course and the soufflé. YUM!!!
-The cigar seminar at the pool was very informative and the La Perla Rep was amazing, he even came back to the resort and swapped the box of cigars for a brand new box that my husband purchased when we called and told him that we were not satisfied with them. I must say he was a very classy business man. Satisfaction guaranteed.
-If you love to bake even if it's once and a while grab some white vanilla from the gift shop or better yet from one of the vendors markets on the beach, (don't pay more than $7) it is soooooo good and make my regular cookies taste like the tropics. It's concentrated so a little goes a long way. I picked up 2 bottles to hold me over until next year.
-Be careful when purchasing anything from the gift make sure that they add up everything in front of you before putting it in the cash register. I noticed that they round up and sometimes it makes a BIG difference I was overcharged by $5 one day.
SUNQUEST ROULETTE was a great idea for all you Canadians reading this message, we save about $400 each and stilled stayed at a 5+ star resort at a very good price and the fun part being you don't know where staying until 4-5 days before you leave, but the savings are great and well worth it if you don't mind booking early.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JazzyTraveller_74
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed in the reserve section. When we arrived late on a Saturday evening we were directed to the main lobby instead of the reserve lobby as indicated on the website. After standing in line for what felt like eternity we were finally checked in and on our way to our room. We were there for 5 days and had some great times...

Beautiful beach with plenty of chairs and beds (early bird gets the best spot at the beach and the pool)

Gorgeous grounds (super relaxing atmosphere, secured from the rest of the resort, be prepared to walk or take the shuttle to the main dining area and the beach)

Food is challenging
Breakfast we stuck to pineapple, yogurt and toast. We should have brought Starbucks via.
The only spots we liked we're the Japanese steak house, Fuego, and the pool grill.
Everything else we tried was very poor. One of us had a touch of Motezuma's revenge for a few days.

Staff was very friendly, the beer and drinks were good, and the weather was awesome! We recommend the day trip to Soana island on the catamaran. We did have a field mouse in our room on the last night. We had a good time but it was rather adventurous.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bailenz

Dear Bailenz,

I want to assure you that it is a great pleasure for us to hear your direct feedback from our customers, is the most valuable advice we can receive, it gives us the approval and the energy to keep going all the way long and becomes a reward to us since our main purpose is to fulfill and most of all exceed our guests needs and wishes.
Before hand I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana and complimenting our compound, beach, pool, grounds, staff, drinks, our restaurants Sakura (Japanesse), Terra, and other amenities. I assure you that your comment has been extended to the corresponding departments in order to keep our personnel motivated and committed to our guest’s complete satisfaction.
I am concern to know you found our food challenging. I extend my apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you during your vacations. Know that we have well trained staff and a very equipped food service which it is prepared to provide our guest with the best quality and satisfaction possible.
Please understand that it is our commitment to make everyday a unique experience.
Rest of assure that we are acting upon your feedback. If there is anything that you feel that I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Truly yours,