“Casino”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #25 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Everyday my family, friends and I went to the casino at the resort. The people in there are very nice and dealers were very good. The best thing about the casino was the bartender, Shaddai "Danny" Romero. He was very intelligent and could communicate very well. He could speak English very good, and I had many conversations with him about sports. He knew his drinks very well, and never messed one up. He really enjoys what he does for a living and he is very good at his job in my family, friends, and my own opinion. Overall the trip was very nice and I enjoyed every minute I was there, but every night I looked forward to going to the casino and the bar in the casino.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Andrew,

First of all allow me to thank you for choosing us your vacation destination and for taking the time to express your impression during your stay.
I am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed our Casino and that part of the staff had an important participation to make your vacation more unforgettable by providing you with excellent service, and your mention of him in this review is really appreciated.
I welcome your compliments and look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana.

Regards,

Francisco Castillo

Write a ReviewReviews (13,641)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I just returned yesterday from my first visit to Paradisus...My first impression of the hotel was wow its beautiful and it truly is.. The rooms are really clean and the maid comes like 4 times and she was really nice. there was also like always a mini bar with water and coca-cola plus juices. My room was beautiful and the bath was nice too.. If you can get the building # 31 will be A + cause it has a ocean view soo its awesome and its like 20 steps from the restaurants so for me that was the best building. The food: they have like 10 restaurants maybe more i went to 5 of them and the main restaurant where you can have a buffet for me the food was ok but no like great at all.. i went to the italian restaurant and i must say the food was great also went to stake one and it was delicious... The sea food restaurant was great too.. They have a lot of bars but actually the drinks they made are not good at all... its like you take water, sugar and MIX IT... THE staff in general from 1 to 10 it will be a 4 they are not so nice except for a couple of them like Amaury in the italian restaurant he was sooo nice. if i had to rate the hotel its not bad but its not great they have to improve the staff and also variety in the buffet restaurant plus they have to change they way they make drinks in the bar. The shows are really good... You will really enjoy it... the hotel its really big and you will have to take the train sometimes cause if not you will be tired lol... it takes 10 minutes to wait for the them in the bus stop but sometimes they come earlier.

Room Tip: Building # 31 ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear guest,

Before hand I want to thank you for taking the time to airing your impression about our Paradisus Punta Cana.
I am thrilled to know that you enjoy your vacation with us. Please know that our biggest commitment to each one of our guest is to satisfy their needs and make sure they enjoy their vacations. I want to thank you for your compliments to the room, the bathroom, the mini bar and to some of our Restaurants.
On the other hand, I am sorry to know that my staff did not meet your expectations. Please be conscious that each one of my staff is trained to give a caring, attentive, apprehensive, professional and friendly service. I know that it is difficult sometimes because we have more than 1000 employees but know that the Resort is constantly giving courses to reinforce our training.
If there is anything that you feel that I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I best vacation. I have some doubts after reading the reviews but we got there had no problem with checking in or out was really quick. The services excellent especially by the lobby bar, servers Roberto, Jorge Luis and all other guys’ do an extraordinary work. They take a good care of you. Food was good, a lot of choices to pick, most of the restaurant no reservation need it. The beach is a real beauty white sand and very clean. The entertaiment is all day and night. A great place to enjoy nature ……Great people. Definitely would go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ANA R

Dear Ana,

On behalf of the Paradisus Punta Cana members, we thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience during your vacations with us.
I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceed and that you will return to us. Please know that your feedback in invaluable as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service provided to each one of our guest.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our Paradisus Punta Cana “your home away from home”

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

The bartenders in the main lobby were amazing. Jorgeluis Vilorio Ramirez and Roberto Espinal were very fun and accomodating. They were friendly and we felt that they were truly there to make our stay enjoyable. They really enjoy their jobs and it shows in their excellent service. I will never forget this trip because of the way they write Punta Cana in chocolate syrup in my drink!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Allyssa H,

On behalf of team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to complete our guest comment form on your vacation at Paradisus Punta Cana.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded but I am more delighted to know that my staff make you feel welcome and you enjoy your stay thanks to them.
Please know that your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Paradisus Punta Cana in the future “your home away from home”.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Over all this hotel was good. The variety and quality of food was quite good. However the nightly entertainment was very limited. Other than the theatre and disco which was rather similar i.e. (musical based) there was nothing else to select from. Some alternative ideas to consider are magicians, comedians, acrobats, animal shows etc,etc? The service we received from one particular gentleman was exceptional. I hope I have his name correct I believe his name is Larry Vilorio. Every time we visited restaurant Terra he remembered my name, remembered the drink I liked and was always smiling. He was delightful to have serve us. Although the other restaurants servers were good as well Larry was better. In fact we frequented the Terra more than other restaurants because we wanted him to serve us. If he is reading this review I want to thank him again and wish him good luck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is close to the sea as well as being near to restaurants. We had a good room in...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear John,

Before hand I thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination. I am very pleased to know that you found a relaxing vacation place.
I feel proud to know that a member of my staff participated in making your stay more enjoyable by providing you with excellent service, and your mention of him in this review is really appreciated. On the other hand, regarding to your comment about the activities please let me emphasis that we have a calendar for each day in which is place all the variety activities that we have for every day in the Resort. This calendar is giving it to our guest in the check in to make sure they have it in their package. These activities go from an extended variety of workshops, dance classes, yoga, pool and beach activities, and so on.
Once again I will like to thank you for taking a space from your valuable time to give your feedback. I must say that it gives us the approval and the energy to keep going all the way long.
We hope to see you again in the Resort enjoying other vacations.

Regards,