“To Juan Cruz from Beronica w/ Love”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #25 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was at the Paradisus April 15-22 for Mike and Nicole's epic wedding adventure....all the way from Brantford, ON, Canada. I think it is safe to say that our entire group had a blast at this resort. We partied and played hard. The food was good, atmosphere was gorgeous, and the people who work so hard there, treated us with nothing but respect and kindness.... one or two minor incidents....but in the words of our dear friend Nikki: "Big Wopper"...Don't sweat the small stuff and keep on Dranking the Drank. Shouts out to JUAN CRUZ holding it down at the pool bar. He is the man! that is all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Veronica M
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Veronica,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments about your recent stay at our Paradisus Punta Cana. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you enjoyed the service provided by my staff members. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again to our Paradisus Punta Cana.

Yours sincerely,

Francisco Castillo

Write a ReviewReviews (13,661)

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had the pleasure of going to Dominican for a holiday and trusted that Westjet vacations was telling the truth when they told me it was a 5 star hotel!! Not!!! The front desk staff were not very accommodating at all but the rest of the staff were phenomenal!! The actual hotel was probably a 5 star years ago but it has since been run down and needs some help. I had a picture that was supposedly attached to the wall, fall on my head as I sat on the coach reading, there were bugs in my room, I went to use a towel that was rolled up so nicely and when I unrolled it there was tooth paste stuck on the inside of it - I flipped a pillow over and there was dried vomit on the pillow.
Please also let me say that the people there go out of their way to care for you. They truly are beautiful people and I would go back to Dominican - just not to this resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Gwen S,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at our Tortuga Bay Hotel. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.
I am very pleased with the compliments you gave to my staff.
Regarding to your comment in the room please know that we have a very strict cleaning program in which we certify the rooms to make sure we met the guest satisfaction but I can assure you I will send your comments to the departments involve making sure they reinforce the cleaning program in case of need.
If you will like to contact me in a private matter please do not hesitate to write me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@melia.com

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 24 April 2012

It was the perfect holiday! Great weather *although some scattered rain but not a problem) and the hotel is quite nice. I went there for a week in easter holiday 2012 with my husband and my 8-month old baby and it was really nice!! The room (the reserve one bedroom suite) was really nice; it was modern and seemed new but a bit small because the bed/crib they gave us for the baby was so big it occupied a big space leaving less space in the room but it was not so bad after all. I must say some details of the room were not top quality like some parts of the walls had some cracks / paint peeling also and some parts of the tiles were a bit broken but in general it was fine and if you did not look at all the small details (I am quite a detail-viewing person) then it was nice and OK. The most important thing is that it was super clean and they refreshed the room in the afternoon if you wanted to. Service was excellent. The concierge that was working only for our villa was always there and always helpful and attentive and always gave us a great service. Thanks Jennifer!! I must say the food was not the best I ever had but it was OK and most often it was very good but not exceptional. The breakfast and lunches were OK with good variety and good taste buffets and the dinners were OK too.For dinner, I recommend the 'Vento' restaurant (only accesible to the Reserve guests) which was by far the best (mediterranean food). The Rodizio was also good. In general I highly recommend this hotel but only in case you pay the extra an go to the Reserve. My sister-in-law was in the 'normal' part of the hotel at the same time as we were there (she was with her husband and 2 kids and her family in-law) and she was not at all happy with the hotel. Her room was really old and they even saw a cockroach on the drawers of the cupboard. It was also hard for her to have dinner since there is no reservation possible at any restaurant and she sometimes had to wait 1.5 hours to get a table for 9 !!! That said, for us (2 persons + 1 baby) we never had that problem and we had a very pleasant good holiday. Thanks Paradisus The Reserve!!! I do not put a 5 star because the Reserve area was a bit far from the beach and restaurants area and most of the time we had to wait from 5 to15 minutes for the train specially because we transported our baby in a stroller and we could not use the little trains and had to wait for the bigger / more empty ones and so we had to walk (10-12 minutes walk) most of the time or wait which was not very pleasant. Apart from that, everything was great, the beach was great, the drinks at the beach could have been better quality but they were OK for an all-inclusive, the pools were great especially the one of the Reserve area where there was a nice grill where you could have a bite. All in all an excellent holiday at the Reserve!!

Room Tip: If you have a stroller ask for a room on the ground floor since there are no elevators.

Dear Misha H,

I would like to thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed our facilities, our beach, rooms, restaurants, as well the friendliness of our staff.
At the Paradisus Punta Cana we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guest’s expectations, and it is a great pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.
I appreciate your compliments and let me tell you I am very proud to hear that our staff did the best in order to turn your vacation in a memorable stay.
I look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was our second time staying at Paradisus. We liked it so much the first time, we came back for our wedding. The staff was excellent. The wedding planners handled every last detail - many that I would have never thought of. Food was very good. Staff is very friendly. Check in was a little chaotic - especially for a group of 22, but otherwise a wonderful trip.

Dear Terri,

Thank you for the confidence that you put in us staying at our Paradisus Punta Cana and allowing us to prepared your wedding.
It is of great honor to us to receive a review like this one that you have kindly shared with us. We are delighted to read that your experience was so nice and memorable here with us.
We thank you for your compliments and for appreciating the efforts of our staff to transform this stay for you as an unforgettable one.
We would be very honored to have you back here at your “home away from home”, Paradisus Punta Cana.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Overall we had a very good time at the resort. My wife and I stayed here with our 3 year old son. I would say that the "bad" reviews are pretty harsh. We have stayed at many Fairmonts and other high end hotels and while this is no "Fairmont", it is not meant to be and does a great job with handling families.

We were with a larger group of people that were there to attend a wedding and it was pretty clear that the Reserve section rooms where we stayed are a significant cut above the rooms in the standard part of the resort. For those in our group not staying at the Reserve or in Royal Service, there was some switching of rooms because of problems.

The food is okay/edible and is not restaurant quality food if that helps to set your expectations. That being said it also isn't as bad as some other reviews would lead you to believe. I am not sure you would do much better with the food at any large all inclusive resort in the Caribean anyways. They're feeding 1000's of people every day and there just isn't the ability to wow you with food under these conditions.

The beach and Reserve grills are a really good bet if you want something quick and made to order. We used them frequently.

And yes, you might need to use a shuttle to get to the beach depending on your desire to walk. But we loved the ride. The grounds are quite stunning and it was a joy to sit and watch them - our 3 year old looked forward to it every day.

The staff were for the most part quite good. Many of them are absolute characters and will have you belly laughing with their antics. I had more than a few hearty laughs watching our son interact with the staff.

The beach is nice and they have you packed in there pretty tight. The waves are pretty aggressive for smaller kids though.

Kids pool area was a pleasant surprise for us. Really well done with cabanas to sit in to shade your kids. Water depth was just right for a 3-6 year old and they also have a small baby swimming pool there as well.

Family concierge was actually worth it. He booked us restaurants and did so on a moment's notice (normally requiring 24-48 hrs notice). He had bottles of wine in our room for us, made sure we had more choc milk for our son in the fridge. He sped up our cleaning so it didn't interfere with nap time. He reserved cabanas and beach chairs for us.

The main thing is that there are more highly rated resorts on tripadvisor if you look at the rankings. For the money it does make me wonder whether if you picked a family resort in the top 15 rated resorts whether this wouldn't put you in a whole different category of experience?

All in all, you will have an absolutely lovely experience here I am sure. Some of those really harsh reviews need not concern you (as they did us).

Happy vacationing!

3  Thank #1Vancouverite

Dear guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort as well for sharing your impressions about your experience.
I am please to know you like our Reserve areas as well as the compliments you gave to our facilities, some of our restaurants, and the staff.
I am please to know that you enjoy your vacations with us. At the Paradisus Punta Cana Resort we have the commitment to provide quality service beyond our guest´s expectations.
I hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again at this, your home away from home in the Caribbean.

Sincerely yours,