Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
US$253
Barcelo.com
US$210
US$178
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$259
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$270
Barcelo.com
US$437
US$300
Bookit.com
US$165
  • Pool
Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$231
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
US$251
  • Breakfast included
Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$193
HotelsForEveryone
14,095 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolejensy rijogabi beachjuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spaswim up barmain lobbykids zonedominican republicpersonal butlertime sharedestination wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been traveling for 20+ years for business and leisure.I am an event planner and travel agent. I am very familiar with hotels from Hampton Inns to the Four Seasons. I stay at both equally pending the situation. Hampton Inns give you exactly what your expect; clean room, with basic service. A Four Seasons gives you exact what you expect as well; impeccable service, catering to your every need. THEY are a 5 star hotel. I arrived at the Paradisus Punta Cana All Inclusive Resort expecting the advertised 5 Star property and was hugely disappointed. Had I paid and planned on staying at a 3.5 star property, I would have been satisfied, and managed my expectations for a 3.5 star, but NOT 5 Star. The positives, the grounds are gorgeous, the ocean as blue as blue can be. Now the low down. The staff is at best 3 star. The facility, beat up and past it's prime, coats of paint will not fix, which they've clearly tried to do. There is island time, and then there is "I can't wait to get home" workers, this staff is the latter. Everyone we encountered, who could speak some English (about 35% of the people) could care less about customer service, and were just going through the motions for a paycheck. When I stay at a 5 star hotel I expect a certain caliber of people - this is a Whoo Hoo crowd, happy to get as many free drinks in paper cups as possible. The beach has zero service. You get your towel and find a chair - no one there to greet you and set you up (see, real 5 star hotel service). No waiter service on the beach, in fact no service, even picking up trash. There is trash everywhere from the Whoo Hoo drinkers cups, and paper plates left on the beach because they couldn't possibly put it in the trash can a few feet away. You cannot just relax, and enjoy the ocean view because there are scammers hocking you non stop for parasailing, pictures with animals, hats to buy and "can you get me some food, you get it for free." I can't even get into the quality of the rooms, we were in a "luxury suite." See the pictures, that will tell you all you need to know. The food, well, it's average at best. You can have the all you can eat buffet for breakfast and lunch, and it will fill you up, but that's about it. Here is the kicker, once we arrived, we could not get any dinner reservations, in any of their 7 or so restaurants until after 9PM. THAT was the tipping point for me. I PAID for a 5 Star property, and you are now telling me I cannot have dinner with my kids until they are asleep! The customer service desk's response "well there is the buffet." So breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet. Not going to happen. Relaxing vacation gone. I had to throw down and demand a refund if I couldn't be accommodated in one of their 7 or more restaurants before 9PM on any of our nights. I booked our stay with a Melia hotel rep, not through any 3rd party. Never once was I informed that I should book dinner prior to coming on site. Since I was not about to eat 3 meals at the "buffet" every day, I asked multiple time for the managers - no one would get him, then they really acted like they didn't speak English. Finally one women at the front desk (who checked me in, and I would be remiss if I didn't say she tried her best to help- thanks Adrianna C.) miraculously was able to get us in for dinner at a reasonable time BUT not until I had a meltdown (on my vacation) demanding I receive what I paid for or refund my money. Since I know hotel GMs do review trip advisor, Mr. Sanchez, since your staff refused to connect me with you, how about refunding my less then stellar stay at your property. I assure you Adrianna C. will remember me, and can give you my contact information. We are currently on property March31-April 3.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank edf662018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just returned from our trip to Paradisus by Melia in Punta Cana last week. We had a great stay on the island. This was mostly due to the great hospitality and service in the lobby bar where Julio, Juan and José danced, entertained, and made us the best drinks we have ever had. We made great friends and we will be returning next year! Bring a bluetooth speaker!

Room Tip: Room service delivery for 5$ 24/7
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 951tylert,

Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana!

Thank you for letting us host your vacation. It is always delightful for us to know that we were able to exceed our guest expectations, we feel gratified with your kind words and positive feedback regarding your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana.

We will share with Julio, Juan and Jose the great work you described.

We are going to be waiting for your return!

Best regards,

Guest Experience Director.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really enjoyed our 10 day stay. The food was excellent and lot’s of choices, great presentation. The grounds were well maintained and clean. Easy to get around the grounds either walking or shuttle service. Special thanks to Melbin Villaman for his excellent service at Fuego Restaurant and Naos Restaurant, he made us want to go back. Everything was to our liking only set back is the language barrier you need to know Spanish or a knowledge of it. We would definitely go back

Room Tip: Higher floors less humid, ask for luxury junior suites worth it
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear John C,

Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We appreciate that you took the time to let us know your good feedback regarding your recent stay with us.We took notes of our points of opportunities to improve them.

Stay sure that we will congratulate Melbin Villaman for their great service and special attention.

We are going to be waiting for your return!

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Director.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great resort, excellent food! Good entertainment! Buffet is better than the restaurants. Rooms are clean and spacious. Internet works on the beach but sketchy in the rooms. Huge resort! The workout room is small for the size of the resort and needs updating and a larger area.

Stayed: February 2018

Dear garbanzo2017,

Receive sunny greetings from Punta Cana.

We are very glad to know the exceptional time you had here with us at our hotel. It was and will always be a privilege to host you and spoiled all your needs, since it is our main goal to make of your vacations a memorable stay.

Thank you very much for sharing your comment with us and for have chosen us as your holiday destination.

Paradisus Punta Cana is waiting for your return with arms wide open.

Best regards.

Guest Experience Dirrector.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great resort. Beautiful beach. Gorgeous grounds. Great restaurant options (more below). Very comfortable rooms. Nice people. Plenty of activities.

The beach is fantastic and there are plenty of comfortable chairs. There are many good restaurant options. We had Royal service so were able to make reservations, which is a good idea. Passion was special and very good but a bit pricey at $85/person. Mole, Aqua, Fuego, Bana all did a great job. Breakfast at Gabi Beach was very good. LaPalapa was a reliable and relaxing backup. Nice nightly entertainment. Also a good number of daily activities like yoga, painting, exercises, etc.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BrianHughes7

Dear BrianHughes7,

It is great to read how wonderful stay you had in our beautiful Resort. Thanks for highlighting our attributes as we strive and are committed to serve our guest as they expect. If we exceed you expectation, we exceed ours.

Thank you so much!

We are hoping to see you back very soon!

Best Regards,