10,669 results
All reviews mini club kids club petit club hispaniola restaurant circus team chef de village zen pool flying trapeze crazy signs the white chocolate bread indigo bar la cave couscous team trident space tiara suites tennis team tiara section
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Had a wonderful experience at the Club Med Punta Cana in February. The rooms were clean and spacious, the food was delicious and plentiful. The best part was the variety of activities on offer. My husband and I had a fantastic couples massage at the spa (thank you Ruth for the relaxing and rejuvenating massage). Everyone in our family took the opportunity to try the trapeze with the Cirque du Soleil performers in the Creactive area. I had a great time at the Yoga and Zumba classes. By far, for me, the highlight of my trip were the sailing lessons my husband and I took from Ryan. The Club Med has a fleet of Laser sail boats on hand. Ryan was extremely knowledgeable and extremely patient. I have never sailed a boat before, but had an awesome time learning the basics with Ryan. If you visit this resort, I would highly recommend making a point of visiting the sailing center and taking a sailing lesson.

Room Tip: My husband and I walked through the Zen Oasis area, it is quiet and beautiful, but not for us, no children allowed.
1  Thank wcober
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you had a wonderful experience with us and loved the sailing lessons with our G.O.s! Hope to see you back soon. - The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We traveled to Club Med Punta Cana in February for our bi-yearly family get together. There were 11 of us total. The check in was a little hectic but the complimentary ice tea they gave helped us through it. Raphael was a great source of knowledge as he walked us to our rooms (a bit warm of a walk since we had just arrived and were wearing jeans and boots). Of our 2 rooms the one for my wife and I and our 4 y.o. wasn't ready yet. A bit surprising since it was after 3:00 when we arrived but we hung out in my older sons room just above and they got it ready quickly. My first impressions of this place were simply, "This place is beautiful!". The room wasn't huge but with the first room having 2 couches that can also double as single beds and the second room having what felt like a King bed there was plenty of room for the 3 of us. The patio just off the bedroom gave us a view of green grass with palm trees and the ocean just beyond. Picture perfect!
After we changed into shorts and sandals, we headed off to Indigo which was the only open restaurant at the time. Service was slow and took forever to get even drinks. We also weren't overly impressed with the food at this time although it did get better later on. Go at night for dinner when it's MUCH better.
Samana restaurant is buffet and has something different all the time. It's also right in front of my favorite bar Cielo. If you have kids when you first go into Samana, turn right and then another right at the ice cream station. That room is mostly for families with kids and it's out of the hustle and bustle of the buffet. If you're a large group, Samana has big tables to the far right down the steps. That section is usually closed in the A.M. to let the GOs eat.
Hispaniola restaurant is to the right past the reception area just past Club Mini Med. It's also buffet and right on the water but it's open air with no air conditioning. Go in the morning before it gets hot. They have specialty evenings here with food from different places. Everything I had was tasty but I suspect the Mahi mahi salad type dish on Caribbean night for some stomach issues I had for 2 days after.
Now the bars....Cielo bar overlooking the pool is where I got most of my drinks. I have no recommendations for who to talk to during the day but in the evenings look for Rony. He makes an awesome Margarita and once he gets to know you he'll make sure you're always taken care of. Just make sure at the end of your stay you take care of him. It can be difficult to get drinks at times so having a regular bartender comes in handy.
At Indigo bar, during the day, I didn't get her name but it's the girl with the big curly hair. She makes such good drinks that my brother started calling her his goddess. In the evening, Mehgan or Zappa. Mehgan just makes awesome drinks and Zappa likes to experiment. Both of them are great.
As for entertainment, there's plenty of that to go around. Creactive is just awesome. I watched my 4 y.o. swing on a full sized trapeze. My wife did it too but it was more exciting to see my son. The Mini Med program does a thing here every day at 10:00. I suggest taking your child there just before Mini Med gets there. They'll get in line ahead of them and you're guaranteed they'll get time on whatever equipment you have them at. If you let Mini Med take them, they have to wait in a much longer line and sometimes end up on things they don't want instead. The one time my son went with them, he wound up taking turns with the same other 5-6 kids swinging on the climbing scarf thing. After that, he wouldn't go back to Creactive with them any more. After Mini Med goes to Creactive, they go back to their center and the kids decide if they want to go play on the beach of play in the Mini Med pool. The pool is pretty cool looking and the kids really enjoy it. That's from 11:00-12:00. After that they take the kids to lunch but I kept mine with me. All in all it seems like a pretty cool program but this was a FAMILY vacation so we kept it that way.
Almost every night they have themed parties somewhere in the resort. We went to a Bubble party, a Neon party and a Star Wars party. During the day there were usually parties and food on the beach.
Now the beach! What a lovely beach. They were at capacity the week we were there but it never really felt like it. Unless you tried to get a seat at the pool....15 people there but every chair had a towel saving it. But the beach has lots of room and you don't need a chair when you have a towel and sand.
We also took the Sunset cruise boat ride. A BIG shout out to Denny and his guys. They made the ride truly enjoyable and man does he mix those Rum Punches strong.
The language of Dominican Republic is Spanish and about 2/3 of the clientele are French, I didn't really have any communication problems but it would have been easier if I spoke either language.
Criselva took care of our room and she was wonderful. Along with housekeeping the unsung heros are undoubtedly the Jardinero, the groundskeepers. There's a small army of them working all the time to keep this place as beautiful as it is and they do a fantastic job. Say Hola to them as you're walking by, let them know they're appreciated.
One last thought before I close....the walking trails. You're going to be tempted to use them. Unless you're doing extra walking for fitness reasons, just cut through the grass as often as possible. Those trails wander all over but they take forever to end up where you want to go. Just cut through and save the time.
So all in all, for a first time all inclusive traveler, This was a great place to go to. The natural beauty just makes you smile and the employees help you keep it there. I would vacation here again without a doubt.

4  Thank SteveH19

We are so happy to hear that we were able to accommodate for your group during your stay with us at Club Med Punta Cana. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration. Hope to see you and your family back again soon. - The Club Med Staff

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We visited Punta Cana Club Med on Feb 2017 on our school break in Barcelona. After staying 7 other Club Med's I can say that this was the one we enjoyed the best. The GEO's was very friendly, the staff was very helpfull especially the restaurant & bar called INDIGO was excellent place to hang out from breakfast to dinner time. The manager of the restaurant Mr. BIRKAN was excellent host and made our vacation a real joy. Also the bar manager AHMET was at his best preparing us the best drinks all day long. The room was okay, no big deal. Common areas and the sports activities were great. Especially the diving team was very professional and very safe. Transfers from and to the airport was very curtious and panctual. PHOTO Store was very professional and their service and pricing was great. The WIFI was unbeliviable and worked perfect everywhere in the village.
All and all, we will definitely go back to spend another fanmily vacation in that village. Chef de Village Mr. THOMAS was very helpfull and friendly at all times. Asking for any need that we might have almost every single day.
Hopefully, we will go there. Soon !!

Thanks everyone to make this vacation unforgetable :)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Moze R

We are so pleased to hear that you and your family had an amazing time at Club Med Punta Cana. We are glad that you loved our activities. Hope to see you soon. - The Club Med Team

Reviewed 3 March 2017

This was our fourth trip to Punta Cana Club Med. Over the last 2 years the club got a new bar/restaurant, a very nice creactive activity area, new restrooms at the main bar and the beautiful and peaceful zen area with its own pool. They are all nice and definitely added value to the resort. During our stay we also took tennis classes and the GO team there was excellent. Compared to our previous experiences a few things were not as good as they were before: Food and entertainment. I guess doing all the renovations had an effect on the budget. The food was not as good and has less variety (although the new indigo restaurant was a nice addition for breakfast and lunch) and the entertainment lost its grandiosity. In past years they were outside professional groups doing a few of the shows, this time there was only one such show. The rest was done all by GOs. They were okay but most nights I wanted to go back to my room. Overall the club was cleaner than before. Bathrooms were very clean and all of them had soap (that was a major problem in past especially at mini club), there were new places like zen oasis and creactive area, the spa got some improvements etc. We will definitely go back again and who knows maybe the food and entertainment will get their shine back.

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
2  Thank okarsligil

Thank you for your review! Your loyalty and feedback about your experience is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration. We hope to see you back for your 5th trip soon. - The Club Med Team

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Visited Feb 2017, 2 adults and 3 kids. We went with two other families.
Check-in: the check-in process was a breeze, after a short 10 min drive form airport. We received our room in the family quarter, room 175. You could probably see the ocean from a specific angle. The rooms are nice, renovated with 2 TVs, one 27” and one 42”.
The room’s corridor is a bit small and claustrophobic. One kid had to sleep in the corridor.
Food: Plenty of food, no lines, food quality is so-so, the grilled fish and sea food area was always good. Breakfast has lines for omelets / eggs, the vegetables for the omelets are not inviting and has lots of flies on them all the times.
Beach: Fantastic beach, clean sands and clear waters, a bar close by to enjoy a nice alcohol beverage, coffee, iced coffee etc. The downside is fighting for chairs, the hotel had 100% occupancy and when we came at 10am to the beach, no chairs were available… another missing piece is shade, no umbrellas on the beach.
Pool: nice, large pool with enough space in the shallow and across the pool. The pool need some fixing, it is chipping the bottom. No hot tub/ Jacuzzi is available. The Zen Pool (Only for 18 Y/O and above) is very nice, clean and accommodating.
Kids Club: This is the area that I thought Club Med is all about and should have been super nice to check in the kids in their clubs and hear in the evening how great everything was and what have they learned every day. That didn’t work as expected, the instructors spoke Spanish and French, not a great English across all ages (7,10 & 13). The kids didn’t enjoy at all and asked not to return to the club.
An area that looked great was the TARIA, an exclusive area if you rented a villa in that area. The issue was that you cannot buy a pass to the area, one of our families traveling with us was there, but we could not visit them and one time we were asked to leave the property immediately.
Gym: Very nice, large gym, but it is closing every day at 8pm.
Evening Events: To whoever like the Club Med events, we enjoyed the Saturday and the circus events, the other events especially for kids were too violent and in French.
SPA: The spa looks amazing, the stuff is VERY accommodating, management took me to visit the rooms and the couple spa Jacuzzi (see pictures), I wish I had the time to have a massage or any other treatment there, very recommended.
Checkout: We checked out three days earlier and Club med customer service was very accommodating.

Room Tip: Should invest and go to the, Trident Space, private pool etc.
1  Thank guywellesley
Club Med Ψ, Customer Relations at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Dear guywellesley,
Thank you for choosing Club Med. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to learn that your children did not participate in the mini-club activities and that you left earlier than planned. If you haven't already, please contact us at us.guestrelations@clubmed.com so that we can discuss any concerns that you may have. We would like to see you at another Club Med resort again soon.
Best Regards,