US$182
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$282
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$203
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$371
Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
US$346
US$270
Barcelo.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$305/night.

US$220
US$172
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$384
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$174
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Club Med Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$417
clubmed.us
6,432 results
All reviewscolonial restaurantdeluxe roomswim up barpalm treescaribbean streetevery other daythomson repssteakmain restaurantmama juanamini bardominican republicsmaller poolentertainment staffoutback safaribeautiful beachmain pool
A TripAdvisor Member
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2006

We had a wonderful week in Riu Bambu. I don't understand that somebody would complain about food. We had a duck, turkey, fish, crab, caviar, salmon, shrimps, special pasta, pork chops, steaks....There was a lot's of variety. Regarding to a review from Jan. 1st I would like to know what these people are eating at home.! It really upsets me that some people are never happy. Everybody at the resort is working very hard and also very long hours. They have always big smile on their faces and try to make everybody happy. To me you must have stayed in different resort. We had 2 teenagers with us and they absolutely loved the place. Staff was friendly, we asked to be moved closer to the beach and next day we were able to move.
Our room was always clean and decorated with different animals made out of towels. So please when you go for holiday be happy and enjoy your stay. Don't try to look for negatives because you are not only ruining your holiday but also giving people wrong idea about this place.
Lucy

29  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 January 2006

If you have been to the Riu Bambu before you will know why I chose this title!

My husband and I, along with our three teen boys aged 19,16 &15 stayed at the RIU Bambu Dec 8-23rd.

We found the rooms always clean and never saw a bug in them! We went for a good time and certainly had it. It is not a "party place", but the boys still found quiet abit to do at night and connected with some fellow Canadians! The language (spanish) was a barrier for them, they probably would have enjoyed their time in the DR alot more had they listened to their Mom and taken some spanish classes!

The night time entertainment was ok, the staff work so very hard you just had to appreciate it!

Food - all of us found the food excellent (we mostly ate at the buffet) and the wait staff fabulous.

Bars - we also had no problem getting a good drink, we did learn (thanks to some regular Bambu travelers) that you need to ask for "top shelf" when ordering liquor, this ensures you get the good stuff!

Beach - Oh wow, this was my favorite part of the whole vacation! It is really beautiful, I am so sad not to have it in MY backyard! We never had a problem finding a chair at the beach, or near the pool for that matter.

I could go on and on about this place, but if you want a beautiful beach, good food and great service book at the Riu Bambu. The only way you will be disapointed is if you are an extremley fussy person!

Relax and enjoy yourself!

31  Thank iwanna
Reviewed 4 January 2006

Where do I begin, this place is amazing. We traveled there during the Thanksgiving holiday which was 3 adults and two children. We arrived at the airport mid day and they greeted us warmly with the local music playing and the ladies were dressed in traditional dresses. It was A 20 minute bus ride to the hotel through the town which was a bumpy ride as the roads do need some improvement but it gave us a chance to see the local community and their lifestyle. The Hotel was a grand place where we were greeted with open arms and a fresh drink of our choice, the rooms and the staff was prepared and ready for us with no problems. We checked into our rooms and they were great, the rooms had a large bathroom with all the necessary items. You will need an adapter for the plugs are different which you can pick one up n the airport along the way. The rooms had a nice view of the area and the grounds were well maintained as they were constantly working to improve the landscaping. The beds are a bit firm but not uncomfortable at all. The maid service was detailed and they were always pleasant. There is a small bar in the room for drinks, snacks and alcohol, all free of charge and can be restocked at any time. It was just a short walk to the beach area and there was abundant space if you wanted to be alone or plenty of action if you choose to participate in the daily activities. The area around the pool was spacious and plenty of loungers in the area to choose. There was a swim up bar in place where and you could relax and have your drinks without ever leaving the water. They begin serving drinks at 0900 everyday and you are welcomed to drink your heart out if you so desire. The meals are grand, there are three different areas where you have your dinner and you make your reservations the morning of the meal. Each one had a big variety of choices, was well prepared and the staff was exceptionally nice. For breakfast and lunch you could just choose which one and when you wanted to go without any reservations. No one got sick during our trip, many reviews discuss this issue so I will as well, anytime you travel and you are new to an area if you drink a abundant amount of the local water, stomach virus are bound to happen, if the locals traveled to America they would probably encounter the same thing from our water as it is just different things in the water that our body gets used to. If you want to prevent this drink bottled water only and you will be just fine. The restaurants are very clean and sanitary and no one should have any problems with the way the meals are prepared. They were nice and had plenty of choices as well. Breakfast and lunch is casual dress code, swimsuits are fine as well as flip flops, however for dinner dress clothes are strongly urged, this is a great opportunity to mingle and get dressed up with all your new found friends. There is always something going on till the late night if you are into late nights and activities. There are plenty of things for the kids and the facility is surely kid-friendly as there is plenty to do with them. There are three other RIU complexes in the area and you are welcomed to share there facilities as well but the Bambu was the best overall in our opinion. There are shops in the area were you can find just about anything you need or want as well as the gift shops. Some key things to note for the trip are drink bottled water only, bring zip lock bags to prevent your valuables form getting wet while on the beach. This is a tropical island and you will have frequent short rain showers but they will quickly pass. The beach is topless at your discretion so be fore warned if this is a problem for you and there is no ATM machine nearby so bring plenty of cash and they can exchange it for local currency if you need. Most all places there will accept dollars if you choose to buy anything. The staff has some parrots and others to take pictures with if you like. Overall we had a blast and did not want to leave at all. I give it two thumbs up for sure, loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: November 2005
26  Thank rrrcoo
Reviewed 2 January 2006

We stayed in Riu Bambu from 18-26 December and had a great relaxing time.

The beach is beautiful, amazing how far you can walk, especially if you go left! The sea water becomes clear as soon as you have passed the last hotel. It is as nice as on the postcards. We wanted to walk all the way to the end, but after 1.5 hrs walking we decided to turn and go back. After the last hotel, there were just 5 other people walking there. Incredible!

Rooms were nice and clean. As we always turned off the a/c the humidity smell wasn't that wonderful, but after opening the doors it was perfect. First time that I've seen so many clothes hangers in the cupboard!
The negatives: the bathroom is quite small and matrass is too hard.
A big disappointment: 1 day I forgot to put my NEW watch in the safe and yes.... it was stolen. I probably won't get any money back from my insurance as I didn't go to the police.

The staff is extremely friendly, even though they hardly get any tips.

The buffet restaurant is good, the theme restaurants are terrible. I found it really weird that they serve the same meal every day.
Mamajuana restaurant for lunch is excellent. I still miss the hamburger and fries....

Entertainment: not so impressive. I thought the magic show was boring. I am not into the "adult entertainment", I find that so childish and kind of vulgar.

Bar: of all the pina coladas I had, I guess there were only 2 or 3 that had rum in it. Even if I asked to add the rum, they would "forget" it. In the end I started drinking Cuba Libre.
The house wine was like vinegar. The bottled wine was a bit better.

We did a bus tour to Santa Domingo. It took 4.5 hours to get there and we were not very impressed. We now know how the people live and what the island looks like, but it's not worth the trip.

13  Thank BianchiNetherlands
A TripAdvisor Member
washington, dc
Reviewed 1 January 2006

Positives:
- gorgeous beach with plenty of chairs and palms on beach for shade and sun at the same time
- perfect weather 83F sunny and cloudless daily
- free water sports (if you thought ahead to reserve two to three days in advance)
- attractive pool area
- no tipping necessary or expected

Negatives:
- Really really bad food - We found nothing appetizing in the main dining areas and there was no variety each day. So, we tried the ala carte restaurants where reservations could only be made between 7am and 10am the day of (very annoying). This food was worse than the buffet food to the point where people were walking out in the midst of their meals. Specifically, the "Steak House" was horrible. My steak was "medium rare" and I have never chewed so hard on a piece of steak - it was like beef jerky. And, the "restaurant" was the regular Mama Juana dining pavilion with a section set aside for "Steak House" and "Mediterrean". Also, I found several insects in my food.
- bad drinks - the drinks were all sugar, no alcohol and not very diverse. What bar can't make a mudslide? Also the bars smelled a little like rotten fruit
- unaccomodating staff (1) they ran out of pool towels at 10am and would not hand out more until 3:00 (2)we didnt get maid service on our second day and they would not call housekeeping to the room when we called the front desk - they told us to wait until the next day and would not give us fresh towels in the mean time (3) no change at the water sports booth - so when we gave $10 for the $3 daily insurance - they couldnt make the $7 change - so we had to walk around with hand written IOUs and hope they had change the next day
- bugs in rooms - bed bugs, floor bugs, you name it bugs
- awful bedding
- pushy resort staff walking up and down beach constantly trying to sell extra activities
- no ATM on resort