Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
US$395
US$309
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$412
Melia.com
US$281
US$235
Official Site
NH Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$83
Travelocity
Del Mar by Joy Resorts(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$149
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$288
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$239
  • Breakfast included
The MT Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$49
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$299
10,784 results
All reviewsseaside grilleddie murphyentertainment teamla rivieramilky waybaopreferred clubthe lazy river pooljuan manuelpool barbig papispaghettiour honeymoonsexy chocolateswim up roompreferred poolunlimited vacation club
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I spent 5 days over Christmas at Secrets. We have been to numerous resorts in the Caribbean and believe Secrets is probably the prettiest and most relaxing one ever. The service is incomparable. The rooms are large and very clean. The grounds are gorgeous On the down side we were surprised to learn you have to pay $10 each to use the non-motorized water sports The $25 @ day charge for internet service is ridiculous..We found the food to be very good but were shocked to learn they expect gentlemen to wear long pants at the restaurants ( but at the buffet it is acceptable.) That seems a little too formal for a tropical resort. The staff was very friendly and sincerely wanted to make our stay as wonderful as possible.

6  Thank KBLeyden
JazminRojas, Front Desk Manager Assistant at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of our General Manager we want to thank you for choosing Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana for your vacations and taking your time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that our property meet your expectation concerning relax and beauty and thank you for your appreciation in all our services and staff friendliness during your stay, working to make it unforgettable. Just to clarify, The internet ticket is not a US$25 a day, is US$25 for 25 hours that you can use within 6 days from the purchase time. You have the chance to log in and out and save time for your next connection, as it is a service provided by an external company as the water sports.

We hope that those little points have not ruin your experience and have the opportunity to serve you again in a near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

My fiancé and I (and her family, 7 in total) just spent 7 days at Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana. What a great place. I would like special mention 3 workers at this location! Look for Maritza (at the buffet at the Riviera). She made me smile every morning and every afternoon! Makes great eggs and AMAZING pasta! The other 2 are Hector and Hector. The first Hector is a manager at the Oceana restaurant and is just a great guy who made us feel right at home and always had a smile ad happy to talk with us! The other Hector is a server who is one of the nicest guys around! Great server, very funny and very attentive to your needs!
Well I hope the hotel reads this review and gives a copy to the 3 employees I mentioned! Again, look for Maritza, Hector and Hector!!!
Lee and the Familia!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Leedo21

Dear guest,

We are delighted to know that you had a amazing time during your stay with us and our staff went above and beyond to meet your expectations. Maritza, Hector and Hector thank you for your remarks, collaborators like them make us everyday give more for our guest satisfaction.

We hope to see you back soon with us to give you a warm welcome back home.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Over all pretty nice. Food was terrible. Made a reservation for a special Christmas Eve dinner. They sat us up on bar stools on a high table. No way to set on a stool for two hours for a formal dinner, we left. I tried to explain the seating arrangements, I don't think I could get anyone to understand how uncomfortable it was.

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank George E

Dear guest,

We regretted that our hotel didn't meet your expectation and our special celebration on Christmas eve was not as wonderful as we want it to be for all our guest. Is a shame that you didn't notify us at the moment so we could do something to make you feel better.

Anyway, we expect to have the opportunity to serve you again and show you the real way our guest are used to be treat and feel when sharing a vacation time with us.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

It has been 14 years since my husband and I have been able to get away without the kids for some rest and relaxation, so for our 25 wedding anniversary we chose Secrets. Here is what WE feel are some of the highlighs of the resort: 1) The weather was fantastic 2) The room and entire resort was very clean 3) The service was incredible. Here are some of areas that need some improvement: 1) The food - maybe I enjoy too much sugar and butter in my diet, but the food was very blah and my husband and I never got excited about going out to eat. In fact even thought each day had a different "theme" it was more like "Ground Hog Day" going to at at the buffet. 2) Crazy dress "rules" to eat at their restaurants. My husband and I get dressed up in suits every day for work so it was the last thing that we though of to bring dress clothing especially pants for him on a much needed vacation. On our 25 anniversary night we had reservations at the Spice Restaurant (many great reviews of this restaurant) and were told we could not go in because my husband had dress shorts on and not pants. To say that my husband was angry at the Manager there was an understatement. As we watched other men walk in with jeans on, it dawned on my husband that he had a pair of sweat pants with him - off he ran to the room to put them on and we were able to gain access to the restaurant. So, even though you pay $3000 for your vacation, make sure if you are a guy that you pants/jeans/seat pants with you to get into the restaurants. We also saw another guy wearing a nice polo shirt and dress pants who wasn't able to get into the French restaurant because he was wearing Rainbow flip flops. 3) To tip or not to tip - we paid for an all inclusive vacation so we would not have to keep grabbing for our wallets to pay for services. Well... be prepared to tip. We saw people tipping a lot and there were a few waiters at dinner that really gave you the feeling that they were expecting one. One newly married couple who just arrived at the resort and was sitting next to us at dinner one night was very uncomfortable just getting up and leaving their table without tipping the waiter - she leaned over and asked me what to do and I told her that she should not feel bad about not tipping them. This is an uncomfortable feeling that no one on vacation at an all inclusive resort should feel. 4) Hotel presentation and coupon credits - as soon as we checked into the hotel we were asked to sit down, have a drink and speak with a hotel representation. Of course after a long trip to get there, the last thing you want to talk about it how important it is to attend a beakfast for the resort to tell you more about there vacation services --UGH!!! After about 40 minutes of being nice, my husband and I told the representative that we were not interested and wanted to get to our room. No... but wait... we needed to learn how to use our coupon book for upgraded services at the hotel - we ended up not using any of these coupons - why do we want to spend more money when we already paid so much to be at an all inclusive? 5) Night time entertainment - not much to write about because there wasn't much to choose from. 6) Lights - hopefully the resort will invest in some lighting outside - very dark and easy to miss some steps. Lighting was also very poor in the bedroom.
7) Beach - the sand is beautiful, however there is so much seaweed it makes it hard to enjoy a swim. We also found the water colder then what we expected.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed having a "Swim Up" room.
11  Thank Heather S
JazminRojas, Front Desk Manager Assistant at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review and highlight those opportunities points for us. Please be aware that most of our restaurants a la carte are inside services and our dress code is published in our website, Facebook, twitter and all information in the hotel. People seating in any outside restaurant, terrace or buffet are allowed to wear short pants and dress sandals. For our guest safety, Flip Flops are not allowed in any of the a la carte restaurants.

Tips are included in your vacation package, so tipping is optional and not expected from our personal.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in a near future and you give us the chance to show you the real services we are recognized for.

Jazmín Rojas

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Spent 10 nights in mid-December at Secrets Royal Beach, Punta Cana.

Secrets own by AMResorts Group, and I had a chance to stay at 3 out of 5 AMResorts properties: Now, Dreams and Secrets.
What about Secrets?
Small, Cozy, Quite, Adults Only Contemporary Resort.
Perfectly clean.
Absolutely friendly staff.
Great quality and quantity food (I complained last year about Dreams La Romana varieties and quality of food). Food at Secrets is good.

Restaurants:

Main Buffet: Lots of great food. Perfect cheeses selection. Grill station is great, so, everything else. Excellent waiters staff. Oscar and others are great. Thank you, guys, very much.

Seafood Restaurant: Good selection. Small portions, as it should be at the a la carte restaurant. Little bit confusing offer to have lobster dinner for $42 per person (it is way too much). Just wait til Monday Gala night at the Buffet,and you can get unlimited lobsters at the grill station.

Grill Restaurant: Waist of time. Same quality meat you can get at the Buffet.

We went to French and Oriental Restaurants at NOW resort. Very decent. No complaints.

Bars: Good alcohol selection. Almost top shelf liquors by my taste.
Special thanks to Jose form the Barracuda bar, who went above and beyond to satisfy his customers.

My wife enjoyed everyday beach stretching and yoga under the supervision of Laurie Delaney.

Entertainment:
Surprisingly very good. Great shows by professionals and local entertaining Team. "Jeerk" group will be famous soon. Enjoy watching their show free for now.
Thanks to Speedy, Winnie, Isaias, Micky, Akon.

I would recommend Secrets Royal Beach Resort.
Hope, next year I will go to Zoetry (it out of my league now) to complete my reviews of the AMResort properties.

Room Tip: We stayed at 500 buildings. Very quite.
9  Thank 4Bruce

Dear guest,

We are delighted to read about your satisfaction with our hotel and the services in every single corner of our property. All AMResorts are proud to know about your loyalty and any of us are eager to welcome you when you decide to visit us again.

Do not hesitate to contact us before your next visit.

Jazmín Rojas