6,172 results
All reviews vip package hour bar brazilian restaurant guest services swim up bar el pescador a la carte restaurants animation team pasta bar sunwing rep dominican republic main pool bottle of rum premium drinks main buffet hot dogs different theme
Reviewed 23 April 2012

When going to an all-inclusive, I am typically looking for relaxation, convenience and service. I had actually booked my trip to the Dominican Republic intending to stay elsewhere but our first choice was booked for the final 3 days so after some browsing, settled on Caribe Club b/c though the reviews were not stellar, they seemed okay and the prices were more than fair. And that's what this place is...an average all-inclusive.

Check in is at a lobby which unfortunately you have to take a trolley to get down to the hotel rooms. I prefer walking distance...just don't feel like taking a trolley to get around.

Food & Drink: I don't expect food to be gourmet or even very good at most all-inclusives, but the food here was a step down from that. First, I don't care for the reservation system and twice a night seating. It's the farthest thing from being convenient...and no one sits at that desk they're supposed to be at till 3pm. So if check in is at 3 and no one is there, you are stuck eating buffet...which is even more dissappointing. I will also say the standard alcohol is low quality. I believe you can upgrade your drinks for a upgrade price and if you are sensitive to cheap booze, I recommend you upgrade.

Beach: the highlight of the trip...it was lovely and you can walk down the beach to an area with shops right on the beach selling misc gifts and trinkets to take home...a magnet for your collection perhaps. Mostly, I just tried to get there in time to get a nice palapa, b/c they will run out.

Room: We upgraded to a Honeymoon Suite. Thank gyod it wasn't our honeymoon tho b/c I would have been irate. The room was clean and they did stock the frig (tho didn't give us a bottle opener??). Our maid made pretty towel decorations on the bed and she was very nice. However, the shampoo, conditioner, etc... bottles looked old...the tags on them all looked ragged and faded. Why would brand new bottles look that way? Just made me nervous so I used my own. And there was hardly any hot water. We got a room with a jacuzzi only to realize we couldn't get any hot water to use it. We had to ask for extra towels & yes we did tip, but there were literally 2 bath towels and 1 hand towel when we first arrived...I guess it is just enough, but hardly 4.5 star level.

Staff: For the most part, very nice & good service. Were there some that could use some help in the manners and service department...sure. And it's true as other reviewers state...very little English for the most part. It helps to tip which I don't mind doing...if it gets me better service, I am fine with that.

While nothing was horrible, it just did not accuratly reflect a 4.5 star property. This is really more on par with a 3 star resort. I personally wished I paid a little more and went to an actual 4 star property.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite not worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Soo_Han
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My mother, aunt and cousin went to this resort during the week of April 12-19, 2012. All I loved about this resort was the beach. THE PICTURES DO NOT DO JUSTICE ON THIS SITE. The beach is truly gorgeous!!!! White sandy beach and no rocks. The food was also unbelievable! Very delicious and had us going back for seconds. It is a very family oriented resort, so if you are planning a trip with the children this would be the place, that is of course if you speak French. The entertainment was horrible and no one spoke english. The programs were either in French, German or Spanish with hints of english words here and there. The only employee that was nice to us was Sergio and the rest of the staff and the Brazilian restaurant. The waiters in the buffet and other parts of the resort made us very uncomfortable with sexual comments and looks. The walls are thin and people are inconsiderate at 4am when they return to their suites drunk and singing or cursing. The beds were very uncomfortable as well, felt like I was sleeping on a bed full of bed bugs but overral the rooms were very clean! If you plan to go on excursions try the Country adventure. It was an amazing experience. We visited a school and a home sponsered by the company. If you are planning to go on one of these excursions buy pencil crayons and coloring books for the students! If the company I had (mother, aunt and cousin) wasn't so great and fabulous this vacation wouldn't have been as great as it was for me. My Family, the beach and food truly made this vacation an unforgettable one for me! Planning to go to Punta Cana? Try majestic or any of the Riu hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

For a family trip and enjoy the natural environmental

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We booked the honeymoon suite to give ourselves a special treat. Well! First night there I woke to an unfamiliar criter about 4 inches long crawling down the white wall. When I complained to the supervisor at the reception area I was told I was in a tropical country. I knew that, I just didn't want to sleep with the bugs. We had no hot water...when my husband decided to take a "cold" shower, the outlet controlling the shower come off the tap. No hotwater, no shower, bugs and definitely no face cloths.
Apart from that the staff were very helpful and friendly. The bartender in the main lobby "Obma" was super helpful and his English is great. He made us laugh, made us feel welcome and was overall very accommodating. We also found Fransico at the reception area helpful and tried to accommodate us as best as possible.
when they decided to move us down a floor we asked if we could upgade to VIP because of all our troubles and were told yes for a fee of $200.00. Needless to say we didn't.
It left us feeling cheated out of a relaxing time. Don't think we will return.

Room Tip: Don't go for honeymoon suites..don't go on the third floor as there is no hotwater....even when you use the phone to make a collect call they charge you $2.00
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flo2012
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have to admit I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on this resort. We stayed at the caribe club princess from April 5 - April 12 2012 and was pleasently surprised. The rooms were clean, food was great and the staff are so friendly, they went out of there way to make your stay enjoyable. We really enjoyed the mexican restrauant. The bartenders are awesome be sure to try antonio's special.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends