Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$457
US$394
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$667
US$521
US$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$414
US$274
US$907
Bookit.com
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$610
US$561
  • Pool
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$269
US$908
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$382
TripAdvisor
10,725 results
All reviewsxhale clube teamsilk citysuper magnificostrip grillbaby bluewink barkibbehshake shakeblack angelfreestyle poolronald mcdonaldvip hostfrench restaurantpool partiesfoam partyred bull
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I could go on and on about all the right things that Breathless has to offer. There were five of us enjoyed a week there 3/17-3/24. Was AMAZING! Food was great, staff were EXCELLENT! Our VIP Host Ariel is THE BEST! If you get a chance to have a VIP Host PLEASE ask for Ariel! You won't be sorry! We relaxed for 8 days! After sharing with all my friends when I got home, one of my friends booked a trip to Breathless for this coming October! Entertainment was great each night, the shops have a little something for everyone! Awesome coffee shop with delicious Frappe's and gilatto! My cell phone pics really do look like post cards! Gorgeous grounds. Lots to do for all ages! Love that is ADULT ONLY! Thank you to all for a great vacation! Wish I could remember everyone's names to personally thank you all but you know who you are!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Renee K
BreathlessPC, Director General at Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Renee K,

Thank you for visiting us last March and for your review. . It is good to know that you liked our facilities, the exclusive services and amenities offered at our Xhale Club, and the friendly service from our Team, especially Ariel. Breathless Punta Cana is your home, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the party.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have spent a very nice week into this hotel. It was amazing: the size of the hotel, the quality of food and beverage, the general clean of the hotel, beach whale club service, the smiles of employees, great (magnifico) !

Coming from France, it’s was very « dépaysant » to be in this English environment. It’s really amazing to be able to be in quiet places (beach or pool) or more animated ones (main pool in general). We have really appreciated the a la carte restaurants, very nice. Just one remark, it’s not necessary to do the service so quick !

Many thanks to Francisco at the reception who helped us with an issue at the arrival, Maria for the room, Jahaziel and Mario at the beach for the perfect service. And thanks to all others for whom we have not taken the names...

It’s was very good holidays and it was a pleasure for us to be there !

Sandrine & Vincent

PS: I would be interested in knowing how many employees there are into the hotel !

2  Thank Vincentt12345

Dears Sandrine & Vincent,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We strive to deliver a great time to our guests, and we love that your experience has been better than expected. We will share your kind comments with everyone, especially the members of our Team you have mentioned. It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the party anytime.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went as a couple and received the Honeymoon amenities. We chose the swim up because that was the best value at the time of our booking. Due to other friends going there we did not feel the Xhale upgrade was really worth the price difference...however it may have been if that meant a quieter Bldg/room area. We were right across from the main party pool so this was an issue once or twice with noise. It was tolerable and honestly not an issue if you are in party mode anyway LOL. They did look into switching us that first day but because the room was pre-setup for "Honeymoon" they said we could check the following day after check-ins. We chose to just stay put. Yes the halls are noisy and yes you will hear people loudly tipsy talking and laughing for a brief time as the club closes and folks head to their rooms. Ours was 1st floor obviously so I think 2nd and 3rd flr may not be as bad if this is a concern. We were so tired most times it didn't affect us much. Staff is friendly and yes they do try to sell the vacation club, but that was easy to deflect and they were polite. The room does have a smell, but with being near the pools and the natural humidity not a big deal. They provided incense to burn and VOILA it was pleasant! (We had brought our own just in case). We didn't bring a damp rid and yes like most tropical places things don't dry well at all. TO BE EXPECTED PEOPLE!! Towels and cleaning service were excellent. I brought some left over valentine blank heart cards and left $2 each day saying thank you. Never an issue! We spent less than $160 on tips. We noticed not many were tipping so they were really appreciative of the gestures of anything. Now to FOOD... for an all inclusive it was OK. Breakfast was the most adequate for sure! Lunch buffets are decent but typical buffets with one or two items that might be really great. Dinners our two favorites were Hibachi/Sushi and the French. Their lamb chops were plentiful and cooked excellent. At Sushi be sure to tell them to LEAVE the menu. They like to rush along and seem to want your order all up front which is not typically how you do a sushi dinner night. Ask to go to the outside patio!!!! Atmosphere was excellent! Desserts... OMG FELL SHORT! BLAND BLAND BLAND unfortunately. The only two that were good was the Crème Brulee (which was ok as they let it get to warmed up and the consistency was ehhh) and any of their ice creams were fresh and tasty for sure! Paninis at the beach grill were great at lunch, burgers stiff and dry but hey it soaked up liquor. Lobster dinner was great if you focus on eating your fair share of tail ha ha ha! ENTERTAINMENT.. OK it's a party place so it does get ya going if you have had a few no matter what age you are! However.. the solo sax at the lobster dinner with the mic feedback and it was if it was his practice sessions on songs he didn't really know, so not so great for the atmosphere of the dinner. He did do great in one of his practiced sets with one of the main shows. All in all it was just ok. BEACH was just fine! No seaweed in certain areas in the water. Some sections had kelp beds and you can tell by water color, but no issue at all. Lovely for swimming and the sand was clean and beautiful.
Off Resort: COCO BONGO!!!!!!!!!! GO GO GO and do the Gold ticket or you will stand all night. SeaPros diving trip staff was great and it was a decent enough dive trip to Catalina (Expect a bit of a coach bus ride to the other side). If you dive.. like really like to dive don't do Soana that is more party focused. Also expect to be mixed with snorkelers and not really use your full 2 tanks either.
Resort overall was good for the price especially if you plan to drink. Comfort was nice, water hot and Jacuzzi tub was enjoyable even on the first floor.

Room Tip: Swimup ok for your own little area to hang out & still be close to action, especially near main pool. Expect noise!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kferguson14
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband booked this trip as a surprise for my 30th birthday. This was our first all-inclusive stay in Punta Cana and will not be our last! My husband originally booked a swim up room but upon arrival we were offered an upgrade to the Xhale club BUT not an upgraded room. We were under the impression this wouldn’t be a problem, however, our room was 1107, which is on the other side of the resort from the Xhale club. We definitely made the trek to use it, but just felt like the staff could have moved our room a little closer, especially if we paid the money. I also don’t believe the Xhale club is exclusive. No one ever asked our room number or anything to enter. We definitely met people who used it but hadn’t paid. Our room was 1107 and was a terribly loud room morning and night. In the AM, it’s by a cleaning closet so you will hear the staff getting their supplies out and ready for the day and at night you can hear after dark until 3am. This was honestly annoying and we contemplated demanding switching rooms just so we could get some sleep. Overall, the staff was great and the food was pretty good. We liked the French and Italian restaurants best. Silk City is ok, the habachi isn’t anything special so I wouldn’t recommend a reservation there and to go elsewhere. We rented a cabana on the beach our last day there and it was totally worth it! The waiter we had was so personable and fun! He chatted with us all day and made the experience even better. I would recommend this little splurge on yourself. This resort likes to party, but there are places you can go that are quieter if that’s your taste too. We’d most likely return, especially now that we know the layout of the resort.

1  Thank Elyssa M

Dear Elyssa M,

Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us and for your review. We are glad to know that overall you enjoyed our facilities, food offer and the friendly service of our Team. On the other hand, please allow us to highlight that we have areas specially considered to party and enjoy. After certain hours, noises and high volume music are not allowed, to prevent discomfort from other guests. Regarding to Xhale Club, allow us to comment that Xhale guests are required to show their keys on the beach, pool and in the club house, to guarantee they are actually Xhale guests. However, if a Vip Host or a Concierge remembers the guest from check-in, they are not requested to show the card. We remain at your disposal and we look forward to welcoming you again, to deliver a totally magnífico time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first trip to Dominican Republic, didnt know much about what to expect, just from word of mouth and reading reviews of different places there.
Breathless was suggested to me by a travel agency and so I settled for this resort. I am so glad I did.
From the time you get there, until the time you leave, you are cared for, everyone is so nice and helpful, its almost a little overwhelming. My wife and I upgraded to the Exhale section of the resort after a review of the extras and a little price negotiation and to my surprise, you are pampered even more, thats where we met our contact for the resort Adrian. I cannot say enough good things about this young man. Anything you need, at anytime, he will take care of it. Gave me his phone number so I could contact him any time and he would keep in contact me daily to see if I needed anything, I have never experienced service like that before. Adrian doesn't look at you as a customer, he makes you feel like a friend. It was a great experience, at a great resort with exceptional service and a wonderful staff.
I highly recommend this resort and will be going back.

2  Thank corey2217

Dear corey2217,

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely review. We love to know that you had a magnífico time, and that we could exceed your expectations with our service at the Xhale Club. Please be sure we will recognize Adrian for delivering a magnífico service to you. We appreciate that you recommend us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the party.

Best regards,