US$311
US$241
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$282
US$266
US$156
Melia.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$230
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$260
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$475
US$371
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$136
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$220
US$172
  • Breakfast included
Club Med Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$417
clubmed.us
11,160 results
All reviewsgarden grillclub diamonda la carte restaurantsmain buffetkaraoke barbbq restaurantcloser to the beachmain poolseafoodguest servicesthomas cooklarge resortdominican republicsteakbeach poolother resortsbreakfast and lunch
Reviewed 12 June 2006

First and foremost let me start by saying this resort is beautiful. Food is very good, entertainment is not the best but overall entertaining, pools were great, beach crystal clear water. Beware Bavarro Runners we took a tour is was a nice trip well worth it but don't buy their DVD $35.00 and we did not come out on the video at all! They pretended to video tape us during the trip so my boyfriend bought it, well sure enough when we got home and viewed the tape we didn't not come out on the DVD they already have them in stock and they pretend to video tape while you are on the trip. That was my only complaint I would go back today if I could and stay 1 month. Great for families, singles, couples.

11  Thank betty1234
Reviewed 11 June 2006

My husband and I just got back from our stay at the Bahia Principe (June 4-11). We went with a group of 40 people for our wedding and for the most part everyone had a blast down there!

The room:
This was one of our biggest complaints for us. Being a couple getting married at the resort our package was supposed to include an upgraded room… this was NOT the case for us. We were in villa 33, which is the middle of the resort. Our room had two double beds, which seems kind of silly for a couple that is there to get married. Like I said, we went with a group of 40 and only 3 rooms out of the whole group had double beds-ours, my parents and my aunt and uncle.. go figure the rest of the group got king beds. The front desk was not very accommodating in finding us a room with a king bed at least. Our room was average. Our maid was AWESOME…. She went out of her way to decorate our room each day with flowers. We left her little trinkets and $3 each day. She seemed to really enjoy the trinkets. Another issue we had was two of the couples went to check into their rooms and other people already occupied them. The whole ordeal took close to 48 hours to fix and in the end the couples ended up with upgraded rooms by the main pool… again where was my wedding upgrade? Haha . The room was always cleaned in good timing.. infact, I think our room was actually being cleaned twice a day, which was nice!

The food:
I have to say that I really liked the food. There was a wide variety of dishes to pick from at the buffet everyday. Beware.. the food is a little salty at times. My favourite place to eat was the buffet by the beach in front of the main pool. The pasta was awesome there! We ate at the French, Mexican, Italian, and Mediterranean restaurants. Everyone from the group who ate beef at the French and Mexican restaurant was ill for the 24 hours following. I really enjoyed all of them except the French restaurant. We found the service a bit slow, but that was because we had such a large group of people.. so it wasn’t their fault.

Resort Grounds and Pool/Beach:
BEAUTIFUL!!! You can tell that the staff really takes pride in their resort. Everything is kept immaculate looking. The pools were surprisingly clean for the amount of people using them. The beach was awesome. The sand was so white and the ocean was so clean. You didn’t have to worry about stepping on anything in the ocean because you could see the bottom clearly. The only thing I wasn’t crazy about on the beach was the sand fleas… everyone in the group got bit by them like crazy on the beach, but you get that at any beach I think!

The Staff:

The staff was extremely friendly at all times. We don’t speak Spanish so it was a little hard to communicate sometimes, but they always tried to understand or get someone to translate for them. The only issue we had the whole stay was with the two couples being checked into a room that was already occupied. The management was not very fast at getting the issue resolved.

The wedding:
Although the wedding was nice.. the ceremony was VERY disorganized. Marianna did a good job with setting everything up and going through a rehearsal with us. She met with us the day before and went through all of the details with us. It seemed like everything was under control. The day of the wedding was smooth in the beginning. I am a hairstylist so I did the bridesmaids hair along with my girlfriend who is also a hairstylist. The photographer (who is absolutely amazing) arrived on schedule to start taking photos. Once we finished the photos in the room we were to meet downstairs and a train would pick us up at 4:45. The train was late by 15 minutes and drove right past us when it did show up. When we arrived at the gazebo all of the guests and the rest of the wedding party were everywhere… no one had been seated and the music that was to be used for the wedding party and myself to walk down the isle to was playing already. Once the wedding coordinator realized we had arrived she got everyone to stand on the outside of the gazebo. We immediately started to walk down the isle. The guests had no idea what to do so some started to sit in the chairs and others stood in confusion. Eventually it got sorted out… but the ceremony was already taking place. There was supposed to be someone coming to perform the ceremony for us, but instead Marianna did it. The music for the first dance was the wrong song and the father/daughter and son/mother songs were skipped completely.
We had a video made as well because we wanted to be able to show our wedding at the reception we are having later this month. It is terrible!!! If you don’t need the video I suggest skipping it or have someone use a video cam to record it. The quality is about that of a home video except it has a huge price tag attached to it!

The trip overall was very good. Everyone had a great time. Just remember to bring your pepto/Imodium and a lot of sunscreen!
If you have any questions please feel free to email me: mckay_erin@hotmail.com

24  Thank Erin_0929
Reviewed 8 June 2006

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana and loved it. We were there from May 30th to June 4th. Since TripAdivor's reviews helped us to pick this hotel, I thought it was important to leave our opinion here too.

HOTEL: Beautiful, well kept grounds, clean and big. Our villa #8 was close to the pool and the beach and our room in the first floor was perfect. No mosquitoes problems at all and no stairs to deal with.
There’re trains running constantly and we never had to wait long for one. Only saw people waiting when they were in a large group.

STAFF: Always pleasant and helpful. We got extra pillows and more water bottles as we asked promptly. One problem we had was when trying to contact the front desk to help w/ an international phone call. We could not make calls from our room and we just ended up using our cell phone to do it.

BUFFET: Every day there’s a different theme at the main buffet. Our first night (Tuesday) was “Italian” night and we were disappointed. It’s not that it was bad; it was just very different from the Italian flavor we’re used to. All the other days were good.
The “Dominican” night was the best, great food.
We love the breakfast spread. Tons of fruits, juices and breads. Plus eggs, bacon and all the works for those who like that.
The snack bar by the pool was good too. We had burgers there twice. The snack bar by the beach is a great choice for lunch because of the view. Same food spread was the same as the one by the pool.

RESTAURANTS: We loved the French restaurant. The ambiance is very romantic and elegant and the food was very good.
Be advised that men have to wear long pants at the restaurants. We didn’t know that and my husband had only 2 pairs of pants that got repeated a couple of times.
The Japanese restaurant at the Bavaro side was also good and nice. In my opinion, it lacked flavor but wasn’t bad. Try the fried ice cream for dessert.
Garden Grill was our third reservation. It’s a beautiful restaurant by the pool and the food was excellent. Try the “churrasco”, their recommendation, which was delicious!
In all three restaurants they served after dinner drinks without you asking.

POOL: We went to the pool by the beach every time. It’s large and pretty. The swim-up bar is great and the drinks very good. We loved banana Mama and Coco Loco. A shot of Mama Juana was also a must. We had fresh towels in our room every night and during the day we’d exchange them for clean ones by the pool.
They have entertainment there in the afternoon. We found it a little annoying as the guy on the microphone talked very loud and it was hard to read a book there if you were not playing the games w/ the rest of the people.

BEACH: Beautiful! Most of the palapas close to the bar were taken by 9am, but we always went to the right of it and found free palapas every day. Tons of chairs in the sun. The sand is soft and white. No shells.
One thing we didn’t like was that they told us we needed reservation for the pedal boat and they were booked for 2 days, even though there were at least 2 pedal boats sitting on the sand all day on those two days they told us we couldn’t make reservations.

Suggestions: Bring extra sunscreen, shampoo or anything you could run out of. I forgot to bring my hair conditioner (the hotel only provides shampoo) and what could have cost me $2.50 in the States ended up costing me $10 at the hotel.
Don’t bother buying calling cards to use there b/c you can’t make a 1-800 call there.
They love when you try to speak Spanish.

We’d definitely go back!!

• Stayed: May 2006
34  Thank HJNJ
Reviewed 7 June 2006

I stayed here from 18May-01 June and had a fantastic time !!
There were 16 of us who went for my wedding, we travelled with First Choice and had a few hiccups with them, they said we had seats together but in fact we were all scattered right the way throught the aircraft with some of us sat on our own with strangers, not good on a 9 hour flight!! then there was no gluten free meal for one of the party and no child meal which was paid for!!
When we got there transfer was quick and they checked us in on the bus which was great as you could go straight to your room.

Rooms - They were very spacious and clean, our maid Jaqauline did a great job, she always made nice arrangements with towels and flowers, it was a nice!! Our Jaccuzzi bath didnt work very well and made a bit of noise but we werent bothered, everyone elses were fine !! we were in block 18 which worked out well, during the day we had to take the bus up and down to the beach but on an evening everthing was close by.

Food - We were all amazed by the choice in the buffet, there was something for everyone, if picky eaters struggle they should stay at home because you just couldnt fault it. We also ate in the Japenese (great food but air con wasnt working so we just wanted to eat and get out, shame!!), Italian (we liked this one best, good food and service!!), Mexican (we dont usually eat mexican so it was the chance to eat something we wouldnt usually, again great food but service wasnt as good as others bit slower!!), Steakhouse (close runner up to Italian, the steak in there is to die for mmmmmmm!!!) fantastic food overall.

Pools - The pools are really nice, you have to be up early to get beds with shade though, and yes it is annoying when people reserve them then dont appear till after lunch, especially when they have no children with them.

THE WEDDING - The day was fantastic the wedding co-ordinators Marianna and Nora did a great job, everything ran smoothly. I was a bit worried about if they would do my hair how i wanted it, I neednt have worried because it was wonderful, better than I hoped for.
The gazebo was decorated with wonderful flowers and everyone looked amazing especially my husband. We had our meal at the Steakhouse and they waited on us hand and foot, the food was delicious and the table decoration was beautiful, they made such a fuss and were so happy for us, we would not have got service like that if we got married at home. The photographer did an amazing job of the wedding album it was a lot of money but well worth it, I have enjoyed showing my friends and family who have all said it is so unusual and have not seem one like it before. Overall I would recommend this hotel to get married at, and thanks Marianna and Nora for a perfect day.

Service - The best service we found was at the lobby bar (punta cana side, however we did not go to the Bavaro side), the waitress who looked after us was great, so lovely, even though she used to shout Alcoholico's when she saw us, well she wasnt telling any lies!!!!

The holiday overall was fantastic and I will definatly be recommending it to everyone, yeah there were a few problems here and there like the air con not working for a few days but we just got on with it, it wasnt just us that suffered in the heat, the staff did too and they had to work without it !! None of us are whingers, we just get on with it!!
The hardest thing was leaving this great hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2006
20  Thank Fraser2011
Reviewed 7 June 2006

I just arrived home last night from the Bahia Principe PC (june 1-6) and am reading the reviews posted since I left. I have been addicted to this site for months, since I booked my trip in March. It really saddens me that anyone had "horrific" experiences in this wonderful place but I am not close minded as to say I don't think that its possible. I think some people may be harder to please than others, but as for the ac outage I can understand how something like that could ruin a trip. I am very sorry those people had such an awful experience at a wonderful resort. I will agree that these staff are far overworked and some of the "higher ups" are bossy and during busy times I felt bad for the waiters. But they were still VERY pleasant to the guests, I always received a smile and friendly service. I refused to be demanding when it was obvious how busy they were and that other guests were not being quite as patient or understanding. But thats me - I don't expect the royal treatment when I'm being served by a staff who live in a very poor country and their wages would not even cover the gas I put in my car each month. (someone said they spent thousands of dollars, I think i didn't pay enough haha). I tipped as often as I could and made sure it got handed to the person I wanted it to get to. This is tricky at the buffet as so many people help you. But on to my review (sorry for rambling!) Room was fabulous, we were in villa 8 which was a great location, not far from beach, not far from lobby. The tram stop was right outside the door practically so when i felt my feet would not take me any further, this was fabulous. The buffet food was good but be wary. Depending on what time you go to eat, sometimes the food is not hot/fresh and as somone else said the preparation is different than what you're used to. Some have stomachs of steel, I do not. I also suffer lactose intolerance which kicked up a bit but thats my own fault since I love dairy!! I stuck to rice, roasted chicken, potatos, breads, pasta, and LOTS of fruit. I tried a few things for the experience and did not get sick aside from very slight indigestion (pepto bismal did the trick). I could not get enough of the watermelon. The desserts are also to die for. I tried a little of everything - many dairy things so unfortunately I could not properly enjoy them all! We did the Garden Grill and the Japanese for the alacartes. THe Japanese was fabulous and our cook was hilarious and fun. I am not a sushi eater but I gave it a shot! I will say one thing funny about both restaurants - the desserts were not what you expected. The ginger cake with vanilla sauce was a muffin removed from its wrapper and displayed on a pretty mix of sauces. The bread pudding was more like gelatin. The desserts in the buffet were great though. The best part of this whole resort (aside from the staff and the lobby bar drinks) was THE BEACH. So gorgeous, blue gentle, warm water, soft sand, fabulous breeze... ahh. i wish i was there right now! I got up with the sunrise one morning and wished I had done it every morning as it was peaceful and beautiful. My brother got severely sunburned the first day thinking that the shade was enough protection. I on the other hand barely got a tan line and I laid out regularly. Funny how that happens. Many topless women who shouldn't be and TOO MANY SPEEDOS. but then i'm american, not european so maybe that has something to do with it! Ha! We encountered a LOT of friendly people, slept well every single night, ate well every day and enjoyed the drinks immensely. I am sad to be back in texas where it is 98 degrees and hot. Give me the humidity of the Caribbean any day! A few tips: Be sure to barter barter barter at the Pueblo Principe. Their starting prices are astronomical haha! Be sure to get a mama juana - tastes like a liquid red hot or fireball. SO yummy. Lobby bar drinks are by far the best. Be sure to go see at least one night of shows - good entertainment even if they are cheesey! Relax, enjoy yourselves and have a great time. Email me if you have questions about this review!

34  Thank JanaLeigh