I visited this hotel with my husband in September, when we arrived it was a bit chaotic checking in the reception staff were very unhelpful and quite rude never said hello and generally not very helpful, they gave me information but not to my sister and her husband (who we were travelling with) they were not given their towel ‘keys’ and did not know anything about the towels or where to collect them from they found that out from us, the whole checking in process was very poor and stressful to be honest.
The hotel is really big and takes a few days to find your bearings but once we did we really enjoyed our holiday, the pools were lovely and the beach pool was the busiest, as the days went on the hotel got busier and this particular pool was pretty full most days but plenty of others to go to that were quieter, there does seem to be a problem with the pools having to be closed as there were 'problems' with them due to children not making it to the toilet I presume, there are no toilets by any of the pools which I think this is a problem especially when you have small children! The beach is beautiful, there can be a lot of seaweed some days but the staff are always there cleaning the beach, couldn't fault it.
We found the food to be really nice and there was a lot of choice, staff were really friendly in the restaurants and were always nice and polite. All the a la Carte restaurants we visited served excellent food and the Italian was the best, well worth a visit. The entertainment was good and the Michael Jackson show was brilliant, worth going to, cocktails and drinks are pretty good and had a large selection.
We found the rooms to be quite tired and dated, apart from that room was ok. It was my husbands 50th while we were on holiday and I had emailed ahead to explain this and I was assured there would be a little something to celebrate this, sadly this was not done which was a little disappointing as we could see other people had balloons pinned to their doors to show there was a celebration going on..........I did organise to have a cake in one of the a la carte restaurants for him and that was pretty good as all the staff come out singing and playing instruments, it was a nice touch.
All in all we did really enjoy the time we had at this hotel I wouldn't visit this particular hotel again but definitely would visit Dominican Republic again it's lovely and has some beautiful beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic