20 people are viewing this hotel
US$144
Free cancellation until 03/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$185
Official websiteUS$144
Hotels.comUS$185
TravelocityUS$185
8,344 results
All reviews sea blue royal side infinity pool piano bar cata tapa thalassa restaurant tapas restaurant tao cat juice bar yuca swim up bar sister resort musty smell steak pillow menu dominican republic beach towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Overall average, would not return because poor or no air conditioning in rooms or restaurants...poor room service and internet didn't work at all in my room. Food and service was very good at restaurants, but you couldn't enjoy it due to the heat.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Catalonia_Caribbean, General Manager at Catalonia Royal Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for stay with us and for your review. We are glad that overall you had a great vacation with us. We have sent your remarks about the opportunity areas you mention to the involved departments. Thanks for your observations. This is your home and we look forward to welcome you anytime soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay! Rooms were nice,food was good. Ana, Omar, and Rudy were awesome! Loved them! The Sea restaurant had great surf and turf. Their lunch was also good. Louis at the beach bar was wonderful too. We loved the beach party too. The employees made us feel so welcomed! We can't wait to go again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and for your lovely review. Your kind of experience is the one we strive to deliver to all of our guests. Catalonia Royal Bavaro is your home and we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I had been looking for an all-inclusive getaway with several family members for my 40th birthday. We had looked at several locations in the Caribbean - Mexico, Aruba, Jamaica, etc. My brother had vacationed previously in Playa del Carmen at the Catalonia Royal Tulum, and when we found that there was a Catalonia in the Dominican Republic, we decided that would be our destination. It did NOT disappoint!

The location was perfect! Crystal clear waters, beautiful scenery and every amenity you could want in an all-inclusive. The resort is set away from all of the other resorts on the eastern side of the island. I felt like the entire stretch of the beach was ours. The resort had everything we could have possibly wanted; we only left the resort once during our 8 day vacation to do an excursion. Otherwise, the restaurants, entertainment, shopping, etc., it was all there! The food in the restaurants was very good, and there were tons of different delicacies to choose from. The staff at the restaurants were generally pleasant. Sometimes we had to deal with the occasional slower, non-attentive service, but this was few and far between. My girlfriend and I played both golf courses while were there; both were beautiful and surprisingly in very good condition considering the very hot conditions there. The grounds were very well kept on both sides - the adult only side (Royal Bavaro) and the family section (Bavaro Beach).

One of my only complaints with the resort was the folks trying to get you to hear the timeshare spiel. I understand that is their reason for being there and they are just doing their job, but a few times we purposely avoided the entrance area because we knew that's where they were located, and one time we even got chased out of the entrance because they wanted us to sit down with them. I have signed up with a timeshare in the past and made it clear to these people on the first day that I was not interested and they would be wasting their time talking to me, but that fell on deaf ears.

All-in-all, I got the experience that I was looking for during this vacation! I would love to return sometime and stay at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro again, and if I travel somewhere in the future that has a Catalonia resort in that city/country, I will definitely consider staying there based on this vacation!

Date of stay: May 2017

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Pushy sales people trying to get you to upgrade or buy a time share. No patience for having to endure this when I already paid for accommodations. Not worth the headache of having to fight these people off to enjoy your hard earned vacation.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and for your reviews. We are deeply sorry for the situations you faced during your stay with us and we can assure you this is not our standard in anyway. We have made the improvements to prevent these situations in the future. Hopefully we will have you again to enjoy the improvements.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The hotel overall was nice, very clean and very friendly and helpful staff. The restaurants were all very good, the Tapas restaurant was excellent! The only complaint I would have is that the bathrooms and rooms need updating very clean but dated. They need to get better mattresses as well. Location was nice because it was about 15 to 20 minutes from airport, which I youthful was great. But definitely had a very nice time there. Would go back in the future.

Date of stay: May 2017