“Can't wait to return "home"!”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Welcome home are the first words you will hear upon arriving, and it is so very true!
My husband and I stayed at the Zoetry Agua for 8 days in May 2012 for our Honeymoon and had the best time of our lives. The resort is beautiful, the staff are the friendliest and most genuine people I have ever met, the rooms are gorgeous, the pool is insanely nice, the beach is perfect, the food is delicious, it really is paradise!
The resort is very small, no discos or casinos so if you like the crazy nightlife then this is not the place for you. They do have a shuttle 2 times a week that will take you to their sister resort Dreams (a huge resort with a casino, disco, live shows, etc.) We did try this out one night, and while it was a fun change of pace we were definitely glad we didn't have to stay there too long, we were ready to get back to peace and relaxation.
There are 3 restaurants, which are all really good, but not all of them are open every night. You usually get a choice of two options from either 2 restaurants or a special dinner they are offering. This will be stated on the "Sundial" that you receive in your room each night, its a schedule for the following day and has the activities, restaurants, and spa specials. I think when we were there they had the wine pairing dinner and a beach BBQ, there was also something called an Arthur's Court Dinner(maybe?) but we didn't go that that one and you do have to makes reservations for the special dinners. **Also, note that men must wear long pants to all restaurants at night and to Amaya for breakfast, but not required at lunch.** AND of course they do have 24/hr room service which we indulged in many times.
The rooms are incredible, the beds are very comfortable (we were actually surprised at out how comfortable they really were), the bathroom is like something out of a magazine. We had a second floor garden view that also gave us views of the ocean. If you get a garden view ask for room 40! It is the very last room in the garden view section closest to the beach, no doubt the best garden view they have.
They do provide non-motorized water activities as long as the water isn't too rough. This includes, sailing, kayaking, wind surfing, and snorkeling.
I took advantage of the free 20 min back massage and it was so good! The spa is so pretty, you must take advantage of the sauna, steam room, and the indoor pool they have in there.
All in all this resort is everything that its cracked up to be and more. We are already talking about visiting next year on our 1 year anniversary, we loved it so much!

Room Tip: If you get a garden view ask for room 40! It is the very last room in the garden view section closes...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CourtCH
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear guest
This is your home forever, thank you for sharing such beautiful comments.

This motivates us every day more to offer a better service, and we realize that they are valued by our customers.

The doors of this hotel will always be open for you.

We look forward to having you back home soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,387)

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I went in April with my boyfriend and couldnt have had a better time. If you are looking for a DR experience that is away from your everyday fast routine I really recommend this special place. From the moment you check in the experience begins then the rooms are very very spacious and nice with both a jacuzzi and a rain shower. The service is great and everyone is very attentive whether on the beach at the restaurants. You can tell management is present making sure everything is excellente! The food and drinks are great and the surroundings give you that ecological feeling. I recommend this hotel to all couples that want a great escape that would like champagne/drinks and great food.

Room Tip: swim outs and ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Taiguey

Dear guest

We are very pleased to know that we reached your expectations and of course we are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.

Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Zoetry during the beginning of May. It was probably the nicest resort we've ever been to. The staff are so so friendly they really make you feel at home and are very attentive.

The food was excellent. We were there for ten days and the menus at the three restaurants had ample choice. Each night 2 of the three restaurants were opened which alternated around. There was also the opportunity to visit Dreams resort twice a week and dine there although we never got the chance or really wanted to go as we were quite happy where we were.

It's a very relaxing resort and very quiet. It was mostly couples we didn't see any children while we were there.
Beach activities included kayaking, sailing and snorkelling, scuba diving excursions were also on offer.

The Spa was incredibly relaxing the indoor pool while not big enough for swimming has hydro therapy jets, beds and jacuzzi. The Spa treatments were quite extensive but also quite expensive. Our package gave us each a twenty minute complementary treatment and $60 of vouchers so we both had a 70 minute Swedish massage which we didn't want to end.

The rooms were spotless clean like the rest of the resort. The beach had a bit of seaweed and wood washed up as there was quite a lot of rain and a small storm when we arrived nut they are constantly cleaning it and it too was spotless during the middle of our stay.  The only area which could be slightly cleaner was the pool although it was just small pits of leaves and twigs which got blown in to it during the day due to the lush vegetation around the resort.

All in all wouldn't hesitate to go back and if we were returning to the Dominican Republic we wouldn't be interested in any other resort other than Zoetry.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Poppinfreshsfriend

Taiguey

We really appreciate your excellent comments about Zoëtry Hotel, which is your Home.

We are looking forward your prompt return .

Reviewed 10 May 2012

As we had to go to Santo Domingo for a wedding, we thought we'd add a little relaxation vacation on to the trip as well. Zoetry Agua was the absolute perfect choice.

For one, it is meant for relaxation. If you want loud, Cancun-style resorts with a million activities, clubs, and bars, then I would look elsewhere. If you want a resort that blends into the environment (relatively) and offers a relaxing and tranquil experience, Zoetry Agua is the place for you.

With only 50, or so, rooms, you will get to know other couples and groups around the resort, which is great. You'll meet them at the gorgeous pool, the beach (which is never so packed that you can't find a chair, at least in our experience), the restaurants, and bars. It has all the appeal of a great B&B but with the additional ability to be alone and enjoy the tropics, if you want.

The food is excellent. If you are looking for hot dogs, burgers, and standard American beach food, this is not the best place. It's more on par with a good restaurant in a larger city. In addition, there is a focus on organic, local, and good health. Each selection also lists the calorie, protein, carb, and fat content. This might be a negative to some but if you want to eat what you want, you can. You'll just be better informed. I loved that aspect of it.

The activities, while less plentiful than other resorts, are perfect. There is yoga (on the beach), bike trips, horseback riding, and snorkling (there is more but that's all we did). Or, you can simply grab a lounger, lay on the beach, and read (or listen to the waves). In addition, there is a coral reef off shore which makes it better for local snorkling than your typical resort (at least there was when we were there in 2011...yes, this review is a tad late). Being on the Atlantic, the water isn't always clear blue (due to the waves and sand being stirred up). If that ruins it for you...well...there's not much anyone can do about that except you.

The rooms are well appointed and comfortable -- if you are there in the warmer months, I recommend a room on the 1st floor. It'll be a little cooler. If it's in the winter, the 2nd floor will provide nicer views.

Lastly, the service was great (for the caribbean). There is still "island time" but you're on vacation -- relax and enjoy. Also, the service is extremely friendly and courteous. We really enjoyed chatting with them.

The spa, while having resort prices, does not have resort quality. It was a very good experience -- the massage was a proper deep tissue massage, not a swedish massage passed off as deep tissue (although swedish was also available). My wife and I got a couples package on our last day and it was worth every penny.

I've read complaints about bugs. We had no problem while we were there, assuming you take proper precautions (i.e. spray yourself in the evening and early morning, if heading to the beach). The resort hasn't been paved over and turned into an adult Disneyland. The natural vegetation is all around and you're on a tropical island.

Lastly, I have a gluten allergy and the staff did a good job of attending to that need. I had no problems while I was there. This is very much appreciated.

In summary, it was a fantastic way to relax and enjoy a beautiful place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teamocil

Taigüey

We wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us.

We will be very happy in receiving you in the near future again.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We were planning a trip with our parents and they booked 3 weeks ahead of us. When we tried to book at their resort everything was sold out. We started looking at resorts close so we could just walk back and forth. Everything looked sold out. We enlisted a travel agent friend and she found 1 room left a Zoetry. Both the agent and I saw the location on the map. I used this website to look at the location and saw it was very close. We decided to book it. The package was 1500 more than the Now Larimar but it looked like it was worth it. My wife's parents arrived a day early and they called us and said the resort was not close. I then looked on google maps to see that it was saying it was south of airport instead of north. So I was a little shocked. I figured we would make best of trip since it was a family vacation. When we arrived the shuttle service had multiple passengers. We started driving north along coast. About an hour and ten minutes later the guy dropped of other guests at another restort. He then said Zoetry was another 5 minutes. Our jaws dropped. We had taken the red eye to get there so we were very tired. As soon as I arrived I told them there may have been a mistake. We checked in and I went to get my computer to show them the map. Once I got a manager out to talk to me it went all down hill. She immediately was saying nothing was their fault. I said do you have a map on your website? No. They have been in that location for 5 years. I said maybe you should put on on it. I showed them the maps and they really didn't care. I asked if we move to closer resort and they said they would charge me 2 nights but I would have to take care of everything else. I saw this was going nowhere when they manager acted as if she one -uped me when she showed me 1 line on website that said they were 1 hour from airport. I proceeded to say I live in Las Vegas and how would you like to come here and book a room but when you get their its an hour from where you thought. She said you couldn't trust other websites like google maps. I was dumbfounded. That was day 1.
We then checked on seeing if her parents could come to our resort to visit. Instead of saying yes no problem they said sure if they pay $99 a person but they cannot eat dinner. They then said you can go on Now Larimar resort for no charge because it's a lesser restort. We said ok we will go to Now. First day was great had a great time with family. Allot of people doing allot of activities. We then went back to Zoetry. It was a ghost town. I found out they cater to larger groups then they pretty much exclude the rest of the customers. It's a very small 50 room resort. So if your not part of the group then you defiantly feel left out. We had many more bad situtations but to many to list. From bugs to bad service. They made us feel like we were the bad customers. But any time you have to ask for a orange juice refill 4 times( 2 of them wrote it down) and never get it, and. 21/2 dinner while you watch someone else come in an hour later then leave before you was a hard pill to swallow. Steam room didn't work at Spa and asked attendant to fix it, he ran off and never saw him again. Many situations like that. I hope this helps someone because I would suggest going to other resorts with better beaches closer to airport. I liked another guests comments that it felt like a human trafficking area. We kinda felt the same way.

• Stayed: April 2012
13  Thank JoeyHamilon
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Dear guests,

We thank you for your review and apologize for the incoveniences you encountered over your stay.

Notwithstanding your out-of-place "...human trafficking area..." comment, kindly find our comments to each of the points you mention, as follows, accordingly:

- We feel for you, in the sense that you were unaware about the distance between our hotel vs. the one you parents stayed at; just as an opinion, it is always a good idea to undesrtand fully this sort of a detail, when traveling somewhere for the first time;

- Indeed, the geographic issue that affected you clearly was not our mistake; also, please rest assured that we always take care of our guests; perhaps, the circumstances worked against our best intentions to help you...

- Once we were familiar with your situation, we did offer you at no charge (i.e. between Crisitan of the UVC & Myself) complimentary passes for your parents to visit you here and you decided not to make use of them;

- We are truly sorry that you found our hotel to be completely different to others that surely meet your expectations more, especially regarding activities, etc. vs. our quiet, peaceful haven;

- Bugs indeed are found everywhere and tropical ones, even more so in the middle of beautiful, lush tropical jungles, like the one our magnificent property lies in; even though we fumigate frequently & thoroughly...and we provide repellents....

- We are sorry you were disappointed by our Service in general, and in particular about the Orange juice and Dinner time issues; yet of course, we already have taken the necessary measures; we also encourage all our guests to share with us any concern while on-site, so we can timely address it as best as possible;

- We apologize for our SPA's steam room problem and it was fixed immediately + is working fine since then.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us on Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com.

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to hearing you soon.

Best regards,