The Relax Inn(St. George's)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$70
  • Bar/Lounge
Kalinago Beach Resort(St. George's)
US$204
US$350
US$306
US$277
Hotels.com
All reviewssister hotelmorne rouge bayla mer restaurantliving roombuy grocerieson premisesrotisa fully functioning kitchenocean view roomself cateringon wednesdaysspecial placedaily maid servicebar restaurantcleaned dailylate checkoutmobility issues
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Gem recently in a two bedroom unit. Not sure if all the rooms are set up similarly, but ours had the shower/tub and sink in a separate room from toilet and sink. That was a great feature for us since there were 3 of us who had to get ready.

The room was spotlessly clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was nice having a kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, toaster and coffee maker. We enjoyed a couple of meals on our balcony.

We loved that we could basically roll out of bed and have a full breakfast at Sur La Mer, facing the beach and charge it to our room. La Plywood Bar is right there, too. The pool at Kalinago was quiet and clean. The beach is gorgeous and pretty quiet most days. It gets busier when cruise ships are in port, but not unbearable. The bar at Kalinago is open in the evening and a nice place for a drink.

We also appreciated the close proximity to other places such as Sangria's, Sweety's, and Mount Cinnamon Resort. All were just a few minutes away on foot.

I recommend The Gem to anyone looking for a low-key, relaxing vacation at a budget price. We loved it!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 802DonnaA
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Ocean View Room, with all cooking utensils of quality. Try scrambled eggs with nutmeg on top! Great breakfast restaurant, lots of Fruit. The Tuna wraps (ROTI) are to die for. Great restaurant, can sit outside with evening breezes and private romantic table on the beach! Great snorkeling, bring your own equipment. 12 inch starfish, and so many fish. I gathered sea urchins one time, enjoyed the roe in scrambled eggs. Private Beach! No one there during the day, the Grenadians bathe in ocean at night. Walk up to the road takes some time, but I needed the exercise. Can catch a van/bus to tour with the locals into town is one dollar US. Bring lots of USA dollar billls. Buy the spices at the grocery store, wonderful. Buy the NUTMEG salve downtown!! Duty free shopping at St. Georges. $100 to take an all day bus tour. This is NOT Hawaii! This is my dream destination. I have been to over 30 Caribbean islands, this is my favourite!!!!!! Bin twice, want to go again. I stay in the 550$ a night resorts, this $100 or so a night is not deluxe, but I love it at Gem Holiday Beach Resort!!

Room Tip: Ocean view is so wonderful. And the sunsets!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Gimlet
Reviewed 22 January 2017

We discovered the gem purely by chance by meeting someone staying there. We have been coming to Grenada for many years and I can quite honestly say that the gem is over and above anything we have stayed in previously. Hence we have been coming back now year after year. It is friendly, safe and clean. Totally recommend the gem it does what it says that on the tin _ it's a real gem .

Stayed: January 2017
3  Thank Yvonne312
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Arrive about 8:00 PM.. had dinner at restaurant which was "OK".. went back to room, which was " OK" they had a guard out front of " resort".. Felt very uncomfortable, notice when we got in the room there was a board in the sliding glass door. We slept with the bedroom door shut, which lead to kitchen, then living room was next to it. The next morning when we woke up... the board was in the middle of the living room floor. Someone had come in our suite! I had closed the curtains, they where open!! Erie Place.. luckily our luggage was in the kitchen and nothing was missing. It was like they wanted us to know that someone had been in there.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
11  Thank teresa e
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

After having a bucket load of poo coming down on my head over the last year, I decided I needed a break. My sister has stayed in Morne Rouge at the hotel next door, so I decided to give The Gem a try.

After a nine hour flight I was exhausted, but was well treated when I arrived. All the staff I met were lovely, and friendly and made me feel very welcome. I had booked a garden view room, but was upgraded to an sea view at no extra charge.

The room itself was spotlessly clean, and had everything I needed. Although I ate out some of the time, I was able make a snack back at the apartment, whenever I didn't feel like going out to eat.

Most important for a lone female like me, the apartment was secure. I was able to lock my valuables in the safe in the bedroom, and the door and window locks worked. No one asked intrusive questions as to why I was travelling alone, or about my relationship status. I was accepted as I was.

The beach is lovely and all you have to do to get on it, is cut through the bar. The staff will even get you a free lounger.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo