We stayed at Maca Bana in March 2011. We were booked into the Rock Fig bana which had glorious views overlooking the beach and bay. The Bana was very comfortable and the kitchen was extremely well equipped for self catering should you wish to do so. We had our own private hot tub on our patio which overlooked the beach and bay, very relaxing.
The staff in the bar and restaurant were without question some of the friendliest people we have ever met in the Caribbean. Lovely place to stay, the only slight issue, would be if you were slightly more on the elderly side or have knee/hip issues, this lovely place might not be suitable, as to get to your Bana you had to negotiate a steep slope and a number of steps and likewise to go down to restaurant and bar and the beach. Having said that, this should in no way be taken as a negative as this is a lovely setting and very friendly people and the General Manager, Michaela was extremely helpful.
The Sunday B-B-Q is great fun, but you need to book in advance as it is very popular. We had a lovely time with the live band and everyone joined in the dancing having fun.
Would definitely return here for a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maca Bana is an intimate boutique hotel comprising 7 artistically designed, solar-powered ‘banas’ with gorgeous ocean views and private massaging hot tubs above our tropical Aquarium Restaurant on Magazine Beach. Laid-back luxury and unrivaled privacy for a sensual & inspiring holiday experience in a warm atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Maca Bana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Bana Hotel St. George`s
- Maca Bana St Georges
- Maca Bana Grenada/Saint George Parish