US$350
Kalinago Beach Resort(St. George's)
US$144
The Relax Inn(St. George's)
US$90
US$80
US$123
Orbitz.com
US$277
All reviewshot tubpaw pawrock figaquarium restaurantmagazine beachcell phoneinfinity poolwindow seatyogurtbeach houseclose to the airportsteep walkturtle pondreservation processocean kayaksperfect place to relaxmango villa
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I didn't know where my girlfriend booked us but it's usually an Air BnB or something small. We had a deck and hot tub overlooking the beach with the most amazing view of the island. It was ridiculous how perfect this place was. Even my parking spot on top of the hill had an amazing view like out of a car commercial. Service was outstanding. Not sure if they always do it, but the first day we were running behind to get to scuba and they washed all of our dirty dishes in the sink. The rest of the trip I rinsed them at least but every day I came home they were washed, dried, and put back in the cabinet. The restaurant/bar is down at the beach. It is a steep and long hill so don't expect to get drunk and want to walk back up at the end of the night. We did eat there once and the food was great too. Nixon, the hotel manager was inviting & friendly. He also gave us a temporary cell phone with about 15 minutes of service charged up in case we ever needed to call him or had an emergency. We didn't, but thought it was a nice touch.

Room Tip: We had one of the top two rooms at the very top of the hill. I would recommend the same.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon W
Maca B, General Manager at Maca Bana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Many thanks for your review it is appreciated. It is also a delight for us to know that our services was accepted with appreciation and your stay with us was fulfilling . Thank you and come again!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This resort is in a fantastic location on the headland above Magazine Beach. The views are amazing. The villa is equipped with everything one could wish for and, on arrival, the fridge comes fully stocked for your breakfast needs for the next few days. The villa was clean and serviced daily. The resort is quiet and although close to the airport, your would hardly know it was there. The Aquarium restaurant is a very short, but steep, walk downhill and we dined there, on the beach, most nights. The food was excellent but not cheap, but taking into consideration the location, not expensive.The beach is beautiful and often we were the only people on it. Snorkelling gear is available from reception and there are plenty of fish on view, with some coral.
Nixon and Katusha on reception were so friendly and helpful.
At some stage you will need to replenish supplies for breakfast and so a hire car for part of your stay is advised, especially if you want some variety in dining.
I can recommend this resort to anyone who wants to wind down and relax.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aussijerseytraveller
Maca B, Manager at Maca Bana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for your review, we truly value this. At Maca Bana, we strive to make our villas feel like a home away from home, where one can truly relax and enjoy our great views....

Thanks again.

The Maca Bana team.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I loved Maca Bana. The deck off our room was so peaceful. I could have just stayed on it all week and been happy. The staff were all friendly and helpful. It is further from town than I had expected and taxi cost higher than expected but thats nothing to do with the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Khym K
Maca B, Manager at Maca Bana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review and for visiting us...it means a lot.

Do come again!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This place is truly something you have to see to believe. From the pictures we viewed, we knew we were in for a treat, but we were absolutely blown away by Grenada, and especially Maca Bana. The views from our villa , Paw Paw, were some of the best we saw all week! The ocean and beach were simply breathtaking. The staff at Maca Bana was beyond amazing and helpful. Having a kitchen to cook in was a plus, too. We enjoyed a homemade breakfast with a view everyday we were there. Also, I have to give a shoutout to Ricky, our cab driver, that was provided through Maca Bana. He was amazing! Stop the search and just book here. We miss this place dearly!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review it is appreciated. The team and I were happy to assist and even more delighted to know that your stay with us was rewarding.

Do come again!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I did some research as to where I wanted to stay. I was using the rates listed on their website, not expedia/tripadvisor etc.

I told my partner to call in the reservation once I confirmed where I wanted to stay, I didn't think that they would overcharge him by $100 per night if he called it in. Once he told me the final cost, I was very upset that they scammed him from their website prices. Moreover, expedia had them listed even lower and I still opted to book straight with them.

They were completely unresponsive and unapologetic, and had no explanation whatsoever as to why we were overcharged on the phone. Honestly the worse customer service I have ever received at a highly rated luxury hotel, and I have stayed at many. I had booked them through expedia afterwards but this experience has left an extremely sour taste with us. I have yet for someone from Maca Bana to reach out and apologize for this, or even reach out at all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B B
Maca B, General Manager at Maca Bana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dears Sirs,

Many thanks for your review, we value this and all reviews.

We are sorry that you feel this way and would like to apologies at the same time. We have noted that we were corresponding to both your partner and yourself. To this end, we thank you for apologising to our colleague ,since your indicated that you was in a different mindset, when you would've written, this review.

Please know, that most hotels would quote their rack rates. You also indicated that you found lower rates, again, from time to time, we partner with different tour operators in this case Expedia ,unfortunately though, we have no control as to what they charged.

We look forward to having you here at Maca Bana as your arrival dates comes closer.

Once again thank you for choosing Maca Bana.

Regards