All reviews mission group close to the airport buffet style would recommend this hotel to anyone tv channels every morning clean pool front gate short term haitian cuisine enjoyed my stay air conditioned guard zeus pap
Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is obviously not a five star hotel, but I loved it! The rooms and bathrooms were clean, the surroundings were beautiful, and everyone working there was extremely kind, cheerful, and helpful! The food was very good, we had buffet style as we were a group of 18 traveling with Compassion International to visit some of Compassion's Projects, and our sponsored children. We were very tired after busy, hot, days of travel, and this was a nice, relaxing place to be. In another review, someone mentioned the hard beds. They weren't the best, but I must have been too tired because I slept quite well. Everyone was very gracious and I enjoyed my stay. Zeus and the parakeets were an added bonus!

Room tip: I was on the first floor by request as stairs are sometimes a problem for me.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Room was very comfortable. The room was also very clean. Very good breakfast provided daily. The hotel was gated and an armed guard stood watch at the gate throughout the day.
The room was not well lit and of course, no television. No consistency regarding hot water in shower. Had to take a cold shower on a few occasions.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I have been traveling in Haiti for 20 years. I stayed at the Palm in when they first opened and only had a few rooms. Now they are a full fledged hotel/short term apartments. For mission teams making an overnight stay in PaP and then traveling out to the countryside this is a perfect location (close to the airport). For others traveling around PaP and visiting multiple locations this hotel offers a good centralized location. The staff is friendly and service is good. The prices are reasonable for PaP but expensive for what we are use to getting here in the USA. The rooms are somewhat spartan. For example there was no wash cloths in my bathroom and only four hangers in the "closet". The hangers are permanently fixed to the closet rod and can not be removed. That makes it a bit awkward when trying to hang clothes. The TV only receives four channels (HBO, CNN, FSU Sports, and one other.

Those items aside the rooms are clean. The Air conditioner in my room was OK, but did not put out enough cold are to keep the temperature to my liking. They have a generator so the electricity was on and off only a short while switching from service to generator and back. They have a water purification system, however I always use a Steri Pen to make sure.

I had to ask for additional toilet paper (less than 1/2 a roll at the beginning of my 5 night stay). Restaurant prices for food is high. Breakfast and Dinner are included and breakfast is buffet of meat and cheese, locally made bread and fruit. You order your eggs off a short menu (fried eggs, scrambled, omelet etc.). Dinner is any item on the menu under $14. There are only a few items under $14 and they included spaghetti, pork chop, local fish, hamburger or cheese burger and a couple of more that I can not remember. Most items are higher than $14. Beverages are reasonable for hotel with soft drinks $2 (except diet coke which is $2) beer and alcohol are $5. There is an outdoor "gym" with limited exercise equipment and candidly who wants to exercise in the Haiti heat where can be around 85 in the cool months.

There is a nice pool centralized at the restaurant which is refreshing after a day in the Haiti dust and heat.

Please note there are no side walks, lots of steps and step ups. The walkways around the pool and drive way is a nice ornamental gravel which can be difficult to walk on and sometime a bit unstable.

Room tip: WiFi is for the area and was spotty at best. There are unit in the front of the hotel and in the restaurant.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Crawford H
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

My 13 year old daughter and myself required the need to stay overnight in Port after our flights home to NE were unexpectedly canceled due to an airport security personnel strike. The Palm Inn staff sent a driver to pick us up and deliver us to this beautiful, safe and relaxed Inn. The staff were wonderful to work with and met all of our needs, questions unasked. My daughter enjoyed the free WiFi (of course), Zeus the whistling bird and the cats wandering about. I enjoyed the
quaint gardens that invoked a relaxing environment. The only recommendation would be to update the beds, a bit stiff and squeaky when changing positions.
Many thanks to Gilbert and his staff for their generosity and personal interest in us!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank KKDDPT
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Room 26, second floor, very good. 2 double beds, air-conditioning worked. Sometimes hot shower but cool shower felt good after working in the heat all day. Excellent breakfast--fruit, omelet,and dinner with 8 different choices. Plus Prestige beer at $3 a bottle. Nice clean pool. Internet that worked most of the time. Second year at this hotel. Would return and hope to. Very nice staff.

Date of stay: October 2016