All reviews hot tub gorgeous gardens place to stay andy monica bambu retreat property ct relish privacy furnishings paintings states
Reviewed 13 June 2018

My first instinct is to never tell anyone about Villa Bambou because I want to keep it all for myself. I've actually lost track of the number of times I've visited Villa Bambou, but I visited several times over a period of several years with friends. Every time I went back, I wondered why I had been gone for so long. A true retreat in Port-au-Prince, with amazing food, impeccable service and breathtaking views. The owners graciously take care of everything, from warming up the hot tub before we arrive (without our even asking after a while!) to making sure we have anything we need. I'm leaving Haiti now (for a little bit at least) so I can share my secret retreat with you; book a weekend or longer stay at the Villa Bambou - you will relish every moment.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Kristina D
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Villa Bambou is absolutely gorgeous ! From the beautiful views of Port-au-Prince to the charming decor to the gourmet delights served every day at breakfast and dinner, this is an ideal place to go for a paradise escape. Location is very safe with 24-hour security, affording considerable privacy in a very tranquil environment .

Owners Monica and Andy are absolutely lovely; it's clear from their gracious hospitality that they prioritize customer service above all else. Their staff could not have been more accommodating...ready and willing to attend to every need with detail and attention.

There are always multiple options to consider when traveling, but after staying at Villa Bambou, I don't know how anyone could ever even consider staying anywhere else....not only in Haiti, but the entire Caribbean for that matter.

Dorothy Carter

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Inn at Villa Bambou. From the moment I entered this property I was surrounded by beauty.
The owners, Andy and Monica Ansaldi, have impeccable taste. From the stunning gardens, spectacular rooms, furnishings, paintings and wall decorations, everything is beautifully done. My bedroom was spacious, had its own private terrace and had the best sheets I’ve ever slept on!!! Even the hallways and entry ways are beautifully decorated. No detail was overlooked.
Breakfast and dinner are served by a well trained staff and are delicious. The open air dining areas, which are beautiful, offer wonderful views of the pool and the distant ocean.
Simply put ... I felt like I was in paradise.
Donna
Manchester, CT

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2018

The Inn at Villa Bambou is the perfect place to get away. It is absolutely beautiful both inside and out. My room was spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated. The views on the veranda took my breath away. The owners and staff were so welcoming and accommodating. They helped us navigate the island and recommended great places to visit and eat. The meals we had at the Inn were delicious. I am a very fussy eater and I truly loved everything. Essentially, my every want was fulfilled at the Inn. There is no better place to stay in Port-au-Prince. It is where I will stay the next I come back for a visit.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We stayed at The Inn at Villa Bambou with two other couples from the States. We all have traveled extensively and this Inn was amongst the TOP places we have all stayed at. From the ambiance, fragrant smells throughout the Inn, the decor, delicious food, wonderful hospitality, to the ease of the transportation-everything was just perfect! The owners Monica and Andy couldn't have been kinder or more accommodating. The staff was top notch. Language was not an issue because most everyone spoke English. The view of the Port-au-Prince was breathtaking from the balcony and the pool pristine with the views of the gorgeous gardens. When traveling to Haiti, there are now many choices of hotels or boutique hotels, but nothing can compare to The Inn at Villa Bambou. It's a paradise.

Room tip: Ask for the room with the outside terrace! We loved it!
1  Thank ShariGreco