“Tamarind? Nothing as delicious there!”

Tamarind Indian Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 203 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

As an Indo-Caribbean person, I was disgusted by the arrogance of the owners of this restaurant. Indian nationals, they are clearly in Kingston to serve overpriced Indian food for the wealthy Kingstonian. In a word, these people had the audacity to charge for papadams. This is average Indian food served up by money grabbers. Also, no braata from these folks and a stale dessert. Dreadful. Also, I was in Jamaica for a literary event and was in the company of very famous writers and intellectuals who had to weather the belligerence of the owners. Next time, I will patronize Saffron instead but I prefer to eat Jamaican food from the roadside stalls. That's food! The Jamaican staff was wonderful though!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Tamarind was a very nice place to eat and have a nice cocktail. Very delicious food. Dalton and I had the Honey Shrimp, French Cheese Bread, and a special made pizza with their Peri Peri sauce. There were many healthy choices to choose from, but with my husband being from Jamaica and me from America; I had to get him to see try the pizza with some American traditional toppings. Trust me, any choice you make will be great. The prices are decent for tourist, but for many locals its somewhat costly.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

For authentic Indian food in Jamaica Tamarind is a must stop. Always tasty, varied and excellent. Prefer sitting on the patio and always head to Tamarind for Restaurant week and a nice night out with good food.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice ambiance. Great service; waitress was very pleasant. Food was also good: ordered butter naan, garlic naan, pat thai. Definitely will return.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I would recommend the Chicken Tikka, the Butter Chicken and the Chicken Maharaja.

Full of flavour, creamy, just the right amount of spice, chicken was succulent and the portions were generous. You won't be disappointed. My friends also had the garlic naan and enjoyed it immensely.

Wait time was not long, staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. It is a small restaurant but the general ambiance is good and it makes for a cozy meal time.

Had it on my last afternoon in Kingston. I was sorry I did not have time to return.