“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Such a great find in Kingston! Tamarind was recommended to me by a friend, and I have recommended it to all others I was traveling with in Kingston. I ordered the mango chicken which was delicious. I even had enough leftovers for another whole meal. The egg naan and the garlic naan were also delicious! The service was great, and the drinks were delicious. Also, I've heard nothing but positive reviews from my friends about Tamarin.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Was looking for a late lunch on Saturday and Tamarind came up on the list. Ordered a cheese Naan, General Tao's chicken and Shahi Chicken Kurma which is described as "Grilled chicken breast pieces cooked in a cashew nut gravy with cream and spices". In short, everything was on point. The chicken kurma was a standout as was the General Tao's chicken. You can always count on Tamarind for excellent quality food with more than adequate portions. The service is indifferent, but the food more than makes up for the shortcomings there.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

As an Indo-Caribbean person, I was disgusted by the arrogance of the owners of this restaurant. Indian nationals, they are clearly in Kingston to serve overpriced Indian food for the wealthy Kingstonian. In a word, these people had the audacity to charge for papadams. This is average Indian food served up by money grabbers. Also, no braata from these folks and a stale dessert. Dreadful. Also, I was in Jamaica for a literary event and was in the company of very famous writers and intellectuals who had to weather the belligerence of the owners. Next time, I will patronize Saffron instead but I prefer to eat Jamaican food from the roadside stalls. That's food! The Jamaican staff was wonderful though!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Tamarind was a very nice place to eat and have a nice cocktail. Very delicious food. Dalton and I had the Honey Shrimp, French Cheese Bread, and a special made pizza with their Peri Peri sauce. There were many healthy choices to choose from, but with my husband being from Jamaica and me from America; I had to get him to see try the pizza with some American traditional toppings. Trust me, any choice you make will be great. The prices are decent for tourist, but for many locals its somewhat costly.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

For authentic Indian food in Jamaica Tamarind is a must stop. Always tasty, varied and excellent. Prefer sitting on the patio and always head to Tamarind for Restaurant week and a nice night out with good food.